+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I like Pitbull, but I have one question...

I like Pitbull, but I have one question...

In Xperl I could have it setup to show all buffs/debuffs on a target, but the ones that *I* did (for example Sunder, ThunderClap, Demo Shout, Disarm) would show up much larger (about twice as wide/high, 4 times area).

Please, please, please tell me there is a way to do this in Pitbull also...

And then tell me how

thanks much!

not sure if pitbull can do it but i use DebuffFilter addon to display my own debuffs, and Satrina's Buff Frames for buffs/debuffs.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Yeah, I use SBF for my own buffs/debuffs.

For my target I would like to be able to see all buffs (so I can yell at people who arent keeping their debuffs up) but I want my own buffs to be prominent.

=\

well i use SBF for my own buffs/debuffs
    then you can create a 3rd (default? don't remember) set for target debuffs, this i use to just track other dps'ers

with Debuff Filter i just type in the exact debuffs I want to monitor, and you can set it to only track your own if you like but mine are so narrow i'm happy with just seeing them up. It's simple to use and small, you can set the icons as large as you want, wherever you want.

I have problems with debuff filter, buffs with a know duration drop off early - I assume because there are so many debuffs that it moves past the visible set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    well i use SBF for my own buffs/debuffs
    then you can create a 3rd (default? don't remember) set for target debuffs, this i use to just track other dps'ers

with Debuff Filter i just type in the exact debuffs I want to monitor, and you can set it to only track your own if you like but mine are so narrow i'm happy with just seeing them up. It's simple to use and small, you can set the icons as large as you want, wherever you want.
    Ok, I didnt realise SBF could display target buffs also - is it pretty self explanatory or am I going to need instruction?

Also - do you know how i set up a filter or SBF frame to show what totems I have up (when I'm on my shaman) and the time left on them? I tried a filter "4:n~totem" but that only lists the ones which give a buff with the word "totem" in it (and not strength of earth or earthbind or magama totem) - it also picks up other shamans totems if they give a buff to me with the word totem. Is SBF capable of doing this or should I get a seperate addon for it?

i had the same problem when i moved from xperl to ag_unit

i also use debufffilter:
    Debuff Filter : WoWInterface Downloads : Buff/Debuff/Spell Mods

i use that one for all the buffs/debuffs i need to keep an eye on

this is according to me by far the best debuff add-on out there, simple to configure and looks great

SBF or elkano buff bars drove me crazy with their complexity

Xperl is the only unit frame addon which can make your own debuffs on a target larger than the rest of the debuffs. If you switch to Pitbull or AG, you'll have to use another addon if you want your debuffs to be clear and prominent.

@loq uhh i haven't had this issue at all with dfilter i only have 5-6 anyways so they can't possibly drop off, are you sure when they disappear it isn't because someone else overrode your tclap?

@kaptain O: it should be pretty self explanatory, new buff frame, debuffs, target, done. if not you can always ask Satrina in his thread (there is a thread here if you look in the sticky for Tutorials (by me)). If he hasn't already explained it somewhere in the thread, you can ask directly and he'll walk you through it probably easily.

I figured it out using the in game interface, no help file needed - SBF is pretty good like that.

I also noticed my debuffs were disappearing (specifically T.Clap) when I knew they had more time remaining on them, turned out the DK has an attack he uses that applied a similar 20% attack speed haste debuff and that was why.

Thanks for the help, it's not as cool as the Xperl way of doing itbut it certainly serves.

+ Reply to Thread