+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Breastplate of Tormented Rage or Valorous Dreadnau

Breastplate of Tormented Rage or Valorous Dreadnau

Hello guys,

here is my dilemma. I just gat Valorous Dreadnaught Breastplate token Valorous Dreadnaught Breastplate - Item - World of Warcraft and i am currently wearing Breastplate of Tormented Rage Breastplate of Tormented Rage - Item - World of Warcraft

Should i get the tank T7.5 or go for the dps one, who seems very sweet to me (i tank 80 % of the time)

Here is my armory : The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks for the help!

Ilhan

I wouldn't really worry about getting the T7 Tanking Chest Piece. Unless you need the set bonus (I don't really like the 4 set bonus) then I would stay with the one that you currently have.

Unless you are going to exchange your helm and/or gloves leaving you only with one tier piece stick with your current piece. Just my opinion.

Here is my current armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

I actually think the Breastplate of Tormented Rage is pretty good compared to the Valorous tanking chest, that is, especially if you could use the extra hit rating. The main reason why I don't use it in my main and/or threat-centered sets is really the fact that (other than Valorous gloves) there's a non-set item that's superior to the Valorous piece of the same slot for threat statistics, and I prefer this chest the least compared to Helm of Vital Protection, Pauldrons of Unnatural Death, and Legplates of Sovereignty versus each of their counterparts. Thus, I use Valorous Chests + Gloves still to maintain the 2pc set bonus pretty much exclusively, and find the extra hit (or expertise even for that matter) elsewhere if I'm looking to cap out on them or build a threat set.

In short, I think it compares to the Valorous chest quite favorably (especially for threat/avoidance -- you're just losing the block really), but when looking at the bigger picture there's other non-set items that I prefer more to their Valorous counterparts, and thus I still often find myself using Valorous chest 99% of the time to maintain my 2-piece set bonus. Additionally, you never know what 3.1 and beyond may introduce where you might thank yourself for having all 5 Valorous pieces just to be more flexible with keeping your set bonus(es) while upgrading to new non-set gear in Ulduar or what have you.

Take that for what it's worth, just my 2, and hopefully it made sense. Good luck.
    -ItZMuRdA-

Valorous wins, hands down. Assuming you socket to match everything Tormented Rage gives, Valorous wins in every slot except loses 6 Def rating, slightly over a point of defense skill:

150 Stam compared to 127 + 24.
    58 Defense compared to 52.
    72 Dodge compared to 52 + 16 + 6
    36 Hit compared to 45 SBR.
    84 STR to 92.
    No set bonus to set bonus.

The SBR will actually give you something like 2.8% more block. I believe it's best-in-slot for SBR.

+ Reply to Thread