+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death Knight PVP one V one DPS

Death Knight PVP one V one DPS

A question for all you PVP Dk's. Like so many I lvl'd my DK when the expansion first came out, but I focused mostly on raid tanking more than PVP Dps. Since I finished my reps and heroic badge requirements I spend most of my time on a PVP field. While I am usually amongst the top dps's on a PVP field this is mostly due to spreading dots out and Death and Decay.

I took a very aggresive spec. My spec is: The World of Warcraft Armory

When it comes down to a 1 V 1 on a battlefield I tend to break about even, usually either making a killing blow when I'm inside 10% or getting killed with my opponent in 10%. I'm always hearing how much DK's are overpowered and I'm wondering if I'm just missing something on my 1v1 fights, or if its just people complaining cause they have a class they have to much trouble against. Are DK's great at 1v1 dps? Whats their bread and butter skills for a 1v1 fight as unholy? I tend to stick with Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Scourge Strike. Or seeing I've only got three peices of PVP gear right now should I just be patient and my dps will come?

theyre extremely good at 1v1, in fact its where they shine. If you want some 1v1 strats my pvp guide on this page has them for every class as theyre too long to explain here. Hope it helps

as for your spec, youd be surprised at how much damage you still put out even without some of the "damage" talents. (necrosis is bad and blood-caked blade is decent at best) In fact, for a more agressive pvp spec you can pick up some survivability talents along the way.
    For example, the cookie cutter pvp spec for offensive with defensive abilities is something like this
    For a more offensive pvp spec, you can either do this or this.
    and for an extremely defensive version of the first spec (ams grant IMMUNITY to magic and you get AMZ) try this.

hope these help you figure out what works for you ^.^

Beardly
    Last edited by Beardly; 02-06-2009 at 08:56 AM.
    Sup?

Thanks Beardly. I'll revise my spec a little more.

np, just remember that dk specs are pretty fluid and point investment is largely based on what your playstyle is.
    Sup?

what about blood specs for pvp? big hits help a lot too..

blood is really nice, but a bit gear dependant for a starting pvper. However if you have the gear i would definitely count it as an option. Right now the only really good blood spec is the "wait for 130 runic power and use DRW" spec. You can find this one on Senoj's armory page and you want to use glyphs of Blood strike(works for heart strike), Obliterate, and Vampiric Blood
    Sup?

+ Reply to Thread