+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parry/Exp and Dodge/Hit

Parry/Exp and Dodge/Hit

This is something that Ive noticed, it may or may not be important just an observation.

I see defensive stats usually paired one with another along with Def rating. Sometimes Def rating isnt there. There are some stats in particular that I see paired together more often than others. I cant see a real reason for this other than allowing easier formation of different sets, SBV, Threat, Avoidance, etc.

I see Parry and Exp put together a LOT; then theres Dodge and Hit put together. I see less often Parry and Hit or Dodge and Exp. Sure there are examples of the P/H and D/E; you have to admit there are far more items with P/E and D/H.

Just a thought. Hope I didnt confuse anyone too much. :-)

-LoD
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

I've noticed that too.

The other thing I've noticed is that anything with SBV / SBR almost never has hit/exp. It also tends to have lower Defense than stuff with Def/Dodge on it for some reason.

Agreed

Yeh man, the most prominent of those that i've noticed is SBR/DEF, most of the epic tank gear i have seen has come with those two paired, occasionally with some Dodge, hav'nt seen much of any parry though

Think of it this way: On trash you want to block alot of attacks, and with a higher SBV you'll have more AOE threat.

On bosses, you want to make sure every hit lands, but you avoid the boss his attacks.

Perhaps they itemised it so warriors get pushed into the direction of creating 2 gearsets: 1 for bosses, and 1 for trash. I know I do ( <3 itemrack ).

Quote Originally Posted by Lyco View Post
    Think of it this way: On trash you want to block alot of attacks, and with a higher SBV you'll have more AOE threat.

On bosses, you want to make sure every hit lands, but you avoid the boss his attacks.

Perhaps they itemised it so warriors get pushed into the direction of creating 2 gearsets: 1 for bosses, and 1 for trash. I know I do ( <3 itemrack ).
    I totally agree. Exp retains value beyonf that of hit so I can also see why we see more of it. I just wish there was more Dodge/Exp gear. :-)

-LoD
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

The only thing I hate is that they stack parry with expertise. I dont want parry, I want dodge or defense.

In fact, I think I'd like to just plain see less parry itemization in general.

well this is part of blizzards "suboptimal itemization" for the first tier of gear. we'll probably see better itemization pairing come ulduar and of course perfect itemization by the time we reach the final content patch like in sunwell.

Blizz basically doesn't want to give us the best itemization now. then when our ilvl236 gear comes out we just... get +5 dodge rating + 10 stam + 100 armor. every item would look exactly the same just with +more itemization points. that gets boring.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    well this is part of blizzards "suboptimal itemization" for the first tier of gear. we'll probably see better itemization pairing come ulduar and of course perfect itemization by the time we reach the final content patch like in sunwell.

Blizz basically doesn't want to give us the best itemization now. then when our ilvl236 gear comes out we just... get +5 dodge rating + 10 stam + 100 armor. every item would look exactly the same just with +more itemization points. that gets boring.
    A blue actaully said this. And so it is. but for now, build 2 sets or if you are like me and don't ahve that much bag space i use my block set because it can do trash and bosses. No boss hits hard enough to warrants 20 more slots in my bag. (Make the healers work a little instead of the current snoozefest that is flash spam healing!!

+ Reply to Thread