+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worth switching to Arms for added Raid damage?

Worth switching to Arms for added Raid damage?

Greetings,

I'm normally a tank of the guild, but I've been letting some other people have a go at tanking responsibilities while I make use of the DPS set I've been collecting. Currently I'm Fury, and I'm fairly pleased with my DPS output with my gear.

We usually run with 1-2 other Fury warriors during a raid. My question is, would it be more beneficial for contributive melee raid damage for me to go Arms, or should I stick with my current tried and true Fury? Maybe a better way to put it is would it be more beneficial with 3 Fury warriors, or 2 Fury warriors and 1 Arms warrior?

Switching over to Arms would mean I'd have to regem all my +Str gems to +Crit gems which will cost me some gold, so I'm reluctant to switch over unless there's a huge benefit.

Thanks in advance.
    Stay strong. Stay smart. All heart.

you shouldn't have to really regem to all crit, str is still very powerful for arms warriors, do you have a feral druid to put up the mangle/bleed debuff for you? if not than staying fury is probably your best bet, if you don't have a feral druid to do it than arms might be beneficial on top of the added damage effect that arms brings to physical dps'ers.

it's a tough call.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Yeah, we're currently not running with any Feral druids, so I guess a good way to look at it is "Is Trauma and Blood Frenzy worth switching to Arms for more Raid DPS?" We do run pretty melee heavy in our groups with DKs, Rogues, the two Furies, and, of course, the Tanks.

I've heard through the grapevine that Blizzard is looking to buff Arms damage in the next patch, so maybe staying Fury until then is a better choice.

Hmm...tough call indeed! I'm willing to be flexible but only if it has actual benefit.

well, right now i figure content is trivial to you if you're switchign otu of tanking to let others dps, so try it out 1 week and compare it to last weeks raid, look at the overall dps numbers and see how ti goes. especially if you're running melee heavy, also include hunters since their non-magical shots and pets are considered physical dps too.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I assume the damage gain from trauma and blood frenzy would be better than 5% physical crit? Or does your raid have another fury warrior to give that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoal View Post
    I assume the damage gain from trauma and blood frenzy would be better than 5% physical crit? Or does your raid have another fury warrior to give that?
    Yes. We actually have 2 fury warriors to give it, so we're covered for the 5% crit buff.

+ Reply to Thread