+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Tanking?

Druid Tanking?

So yeah...today in calc I got the idea to make my druid feral and tank with him. Then it dawned on me that I had no idea how the druid tanking class works. I always look at feral druid's stats and I never see any defense ratings? So I started searching here and didn't find like a Druid For Nubs FAQ!

Can anyone explain the general workings of a druid tank? I know AP has something to do with something...

There is a Feral Druid Tanking guide in the Critical Guides listings.

rule
    1) druids have larger health pools
    2) druids cannot parry or block
    3) druids do not need defense rating since their talents give them 6% crit reduction passively
    4) druids make awesome tanks

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

How funny! I used thebigbearbutt.com a lot when I was a new druid tank.

Yea I agree with you, sometimes in Kel'thuzad a important player dies and our warrior who is MT'ing the boss quickly BR and Innervate that person.

Oh wait...
    How do you face a problem when the problem is your face?

Quote Originally Posted by Giglamesh View Post
    The only rule with druid tanks is: We dont need druid tanks because whatever they can do, warriors do better. Druids cant hold single target aggro aswell as warriors, they can hold group aggro as well as warriors, what can they do aswell as warriors? NOTHING.
    Wow, this comment so does NOT belong on tankspot. How disappointing to see such drivel on this terrific site.

Have some respect for your fellow tanks, buddy.

BTW, my guild currently runs with a druid and a DK as our main tanks in most raids...no warrior tanks in sight...
    Taur (80 feral druid), Chanu (70 shaman, waiting for his turn to level), Sareu (new favorite alt, lowbie prot warrior)

Totally correct MontanaTaur.

What sort of a troll are you G? - or did your little brother login using your account to (attempt to) stir something up?
    Ignore him Axl, you've picked a great spec which is a ton of fun, and we have some v exciting changes to look forward to in 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    3) druids do not need defense rating since their talents give them 6% crit reduction passively

this

this is the reason that druids are the best tanks when people 1st hit 80 but will start to fall behind once we get into higher gear levels

i got most of my gear in the 1st 2-3 weeks, the 1st 25 naxx we did i had almost 10000 more hp than the warrior main tank by the end of the run, now i have about 3000 simply because he was able to replace all his defense gems with stam gems where as i had stam gems from the start, not to mention he has 5% more parry+ dodge than i have dodge, more chance to be missed than me (if i wasn't a night elf) and block

Darksend, that HP difference is pretty low, are you sure you're in comparable gear progression? Warriors can't afford to replace their defense gems with all stam without gimping their threat generation/avoidance (trinkets).

You also have more armor, and on super hard hitting bosses you mitigate more than him, and soak more.

Let him grab the many small hitting mobs, you can soak the hard hitter better.

Quote Originally Posted by binatang View Post
    Darksend, that HP difference is pretty low, are you sure you're in comparable gear progression? Warriors can't afford to replace their defense gems with all stam without gimping their threat generation/avoidance (trinkets).

You also have more armor, and on super hard hitting bosses you mitigate more than him, and soak more.

Let him grab the many small hitting mobs, you can soak the hard hitter better.

wat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread