+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shield Spec

Shield Spec

Ive noticed alot of warriors goin 2/5 Sheild Spec in order to get Deep Wounds. Is warrior TPS that bad now that u need to spec Impale/Deep Wounds? Or is the extra 3% to block not really needed anymore.

it really matter the way you play, i myself have 5/5 shield spec, and dont have the deep wounds talent, and i never have threat problems.

Anyway i have a decent dps build, but dont need to take points from more defensive talents.

3% block isn't going to make or break you, and you don't need deep wounds to make good threat generation. Part of the warrior tank job description now is DPS, though, and deep wounds accounts for 7-10% of my outgoing damage.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Im gonna assume ur the MT for ur guild? Do u have a WWS for ur last raid or one that u MT'd? We dont have a warrior mt in our guild I'd like to see the dmg break downs that warriors are doin now in prot.

Maybe if you ask in English.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    Maybe if you ask in English.

"Village idiot" how appropriate

Patchwerk 25, Warrior OT1, 2200dps
    WWS Log

In short, even with really fast weapon (1,50) Deep Wounds deals 7% of overall damage.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    3% block isn't going to make or break you, and you don't need deep wounds to make good threat generation. Part of the warrior tank job description now is DPS, though, and deep wounds accounts for 7-10% of my outgoing damage.
    While I agree that 3% may not be the end of the world, the difference between getting 2 rage per block 40% of the time vs. 100% of the time is the real difference maker here when it comes to trash mobs. (at least on paper)

In a boss fight, I don't see it mattering much. In low rage situations I wonder the impact.

It's really a 100% chance to get one rage 20something percent of the time, except for when you have shield block up. Better than 40% x 20%? Technically, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crommi View Post
    Patchwerk 25, Warrior OT1, 2200dps
    WWS Log

In short, even with really fast weapon (1,50) Deep Wounds deals 7% of overall damage.
    Sorry if I came off wrong, I wasnt doubting that Deep Wounds account for 7% of ur dmg. I just wanted to see some WWS to see what ur top dmg abilities are.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchingbag View Post
    While I agree that 3% may not be the end of the world, the difference between getting 2 rage per block 40% of the time vs. 100% of the time is the real difference maker here when it comes to trash mobs. (at least on paper)

In a boss fight, I don't see it mattering much. In low rage situations I wonder the impact.
    I've always assume the rage gain from block specializatin was trivial.

My thinking is that unless it's a full block I still get rage from taking partial damage. I haven't tested it out or anything, but that's been my approach.

Typically the only place you'll be fully blocking guys is trash, in which case you could be blocking very often. So maybe the 2 rage per block is useful, but even if you don't get the 2 rage, you still proc damage shield to help offset not having the rage to TC or something.

Your mileage may vary, but it doesn't worry me, maybe I'm just used to 2/5 shield spec.

+ Reply to Thread