Closed Thread

Thread: 3.1 pt 2 - Warlock, Druid, Warrior

3.1 pt 2 - Warlock, Druid, Warrior

We are planning a lot of exciting content for patch 3.1.0, and we are doing a three-part preview series on upcoming class changes. This is the second in the series: Warlocks, Druids, and Warriors. Please keep in mind, that this list is not at all comprehensive, and subject to change. To read the previous list in the series, check out Part 1 -

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Upcoming Class Change Highlights (Part 1)

WARLOCK

Improved Shadow Bolt – this talent now provides a 5% spell critical strike buff (similar to Improved Scorch).
    Improved Soul Leech – this talent now provides Replenishment (similar to shadow priests)
    Drain Soul now has a chance to produce Soul Shards even if the target doesn’t die.
    Siphon Life no longer as an active ability but the talent grants the old Siphon Life effect to Corruption.
    Curse of Recklessness and Curse of Weakness have been combined into one spell
    Consume Shadows – this Voidwalker ability is no longer channeled but has a cooldown.
    Several other warlock talents have had their ranks reduced, their effects changed or removed. This list includes but is not limited to Demonic Empathy, Shadow Embrace, Eradication, Suppression, and Pandemic.
    Additional new talents have been added.

DRUID

Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.
    Survival of the Fittest has had its bonus armor reduced to compensate for the above increase in damage mitigation.
    Faerie Fire (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 5%. See Sunder Armor in the warrior update below for additional details.
    Thorns and Nature’s Grasp can be cast in Tree of Life form.
    Survival Instincts now works in Moonkin form.
    Replenish – to avoid confusion, this talent has been renamed “Revitalize.” It now also works with Wild Growth.
    We are also looking at increasing the sustained (not burst) damage of feral druids in cat form.

WARRIOR

Changing stances now has a much reduced cost: you lose a maximum of 20 rage (10 with Tactical Mastery). For example, if you have 100 rage and change stances, you will have 80 rage remaining. If you have 10 rage and change stances, all of your rage is lost. In addition, we may change the penalties associated with some stances.
    You now gain rage when damage done to you is absorbed, such as through a Power Word: Shield.
    Blood Frenzy now causes 2/4% physical damage done.
    Sunder Armor (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 4% per application, and is now a single rank. Creature armor has been globally reduced so that debuffed targets should take about the same damage from physical attacks that they did before this change. The net effect should be that this debuff is slightly less mandatory in PvE and is not disproportionately more powerful against cloth targets in PvP.
    We are also adding increased damage to Arms, possibly through Overpower or Slam.
    We are also looking at granting rage when the warrior blocks, dodges or parries.

COMING SOON

Hunter
    Death Knight
    Mage
    Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Ragarra View Post
    WARRIOR

Changing stances now has a much reduced cost: you lose a maximum of 20 rage (10 with Tactical Mastery). For example, if you have 100 rage and change stances, you will have 80 rage remaining. If you have 10 rage and change stances, all of your rage is lost. In addition, we may change the penalties associated with some stances.
    You now gain rage when damage done to you is absorbed, such as through a Power Word: Shield.
    Sunder Armor (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 4% per application, and is now a single rank. Creature armor has been globally reduced so that debuffed targets should take about the same damage from physical attacks that they did before this change. The net effect should be that this debuff is slightly less mandatory in PvE and is not disproportionately more powerful against cloth targets in PvP.
    We are also adding increased damage to Arms, possibly through Overpower or Slam.
    We are also looking at granting rage when the warrior blocks, dodges or parries.
    That's whole lotta win.

Yep the rage on block, dodge, parry is going to be quite nice. No more the better geared a tank gets the less rage he generates.

As for blood frenzy I figured that was coming after the rogue combat tree buff.

"Sunder Armor (and similar debuffs) now reduces armor by 4% per application, and is now a single rank."

So does this mean that it can stack indefinitely? Or only up to 5 times (20%)?

Is this saying they're going to switch it back to the way it was in TBC. (i.e. Lets bring an Arms Warrior for Brutallus for the raid-wide DPS increase)?

I hope arms gets buffs because i want to go back to that playstyle.

Warriors get built in Sanctuary; had to see that one coming.

But are they seriously turning warlocks into a mana battery?!?!?!

Improved Soul Leech – this talent now provides Replenishment (similar to shadow priests)

All well and good but they still need to fix the problem with us not getting rage when we hit shielded targets.

reduced cost of changing stances will be nice. I know I'll be a little more willing to stance dance in some situations.

I'd imagine it'll be 5 stacks of Sunder for 20%... I wonder if that will stack with FF from druids for 25% recuction.

Quote Originally Posted by loadtoad View Post
    All well and good but they still need to fix the problem with us not getting rage when we hit shielded targets.
    I think they like the mechanic, and it's been nicely balanced at times for priest vs warrior. Sometimes we can't burn through the shield, some times we can one shot it, but there's a decent middle ground

But man is it broken for warrior vs holy pally.

Call me QQer but :

Still no interrupt in Battle Stance
    Still have a lack of mobility in Battle Stance
    Still dependent on the RNG
    Still have the same 'survivability'
    Still have to use macros to use some abilities (doesn't fix the button mashing)
    Still unable to generate rage on shielded targets (and now priests have a disc group Shield)

But yay Blood Frenzy is back to 4 % !

I really hope we'll see something more interesting (for arms) in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Hit Me View Post
    reduced cost of changing stances will be nice. I know I'll be a little more willing to stance dance in some situations.
    I think it'll be very strong for PvP. Tanking wise, I may consider using Intercept again on occasion, but for the most part, they've made protection about staying in Defensive stance all the time.

News'd.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

This will be a little helpful at the start of fights. I'm Still waiting for prot dps to be buffed to even out with the other tanking classes. >< This will help a little in those low rage fights IF something is trying to melee you. And it might be the hot ticket to have a priest shield you over and over on caster bosses ( KT etc) to give you rage. lol

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    I think it'll be very strong for PvP. Tanking wise, I may consider using Intercept again on occasion, but for the most part, they've made protection about staying in Defensive stance all the time.
    There are times when I'd like to intercept or pop Recklessness, but didn't because of the rage I'd lose doing so.

I agree though, it will be much more useful for pvp.

DRUID

Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.

Did druids just get block?

News page plox!
    Last edited by sorednbored; 02-05-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Bah Lore. :(

A quick stance dance to arms to use retaliation will be nice, especially if it preserves enough rage to sheild block and cleave once back into defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sorednbored View Post
    News page plox!
    Agreed, lets move discussion to the news post:

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f64/4...s-preview.html
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Closed Thread