+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit Rating for Prot Warrior

Hit Rating for Prot Warrior

This may sound like a silly Question from someone who has played a long time, but what is the optimal Hit Rating for a raiding Warrior Tank?

I did a quick search...and yes I should spend more time looking...but..can anyone help?

Thanks

The Tank Hunter

164ish I believe with 3/3 precision, unless something changed with the latest patch.

For yellow damage attacks, 8% (262 hit rating at 80). For 1h+Shield and 2h users, the white damage cap is also 8%.

From Satrina's excellent guide corner.
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

Be sure to read the guide 'Gearing for Threat: WotLK Guide to Hit and Expertise' as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malignus
    Q: Why is expertise better than hit? When should I stack one over the other?
    A: 33 hit rating translates into a 1% increased chance to hit while 33 expertise rating translates to 4 expertise skill, which is a 1% reduction in the boss' chance to both parry and dodge. This means that up to a skill of 26 (at which point dodges have been eliminated) expertise is effectively giving you a 2% increase in your chance to hit the boss from the avoidance reduction. Past 26 expertise skill, both stats will give you the same increase in TPS/DPS, but expertise will continue to reduce parries, which reduces the chance of a tank gib, making it a superior stat to stack until you reach the "cap" of 57 expertise.
    Just remember that Taunt uses hit rating so don't neglect it completely. You might have problems <100ish but 150+ hit I've not had issues.

Guide is oh so very slightly incorrect.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/4...expertise.html

For more details.

+ Reply to Thread