+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need help

I need help

I am a Human warrior tank (I have been tanking only since I hit 80) and am having issues with threat generation. I have found on some raid bosses that i am unable to match the threat generated by other classes. also when given 10 or 15 seconds to generate threat i am quickly over come and the raid begins to fail or the agent overcoming me dies and the raid continues. I need to know what i can do to fix this. and how can i generate the threat i need to be able to tank.

I have read the threads about threat generation and dont understand any of the science involved or any of the formulas

i have been following the rotation suggested in the warrior tank fkow chart on this site.

The World of Warcraft Armory

i am also currently working on gear to up my expertice and hit rating just having trouble getting straight answers from people
    Last edited by Daeghayn; 02-04-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: more information

Can you provide us with some more information, like a link to your character in the armory? Also, what is your rotation? Are you using Vigilance, and do you have the Armsmen enchant?

im not a warr tank the only tipp i can suggest is start your rotation with a shield slam, it gives you alot of spike threat

You're gear looks fine for tanking heroic bosses, unless your dps is really ripping it up. What kind of numbers are they pushing? Are you remembering to use vigilance?

Also, if you're following the flow chart, you should be doing ok with your specials but.... are you using heroic strike? That's not on the flow chart because you can heroic strike and follow the rotation at the same time. But on many bosses HS will be your biggest source of damage.

got more gear tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    You're gear looks fine for tanking heroic bosses, unless your dps is really ripping it up. What kind of numbers are they pushing? Are you remembering to use vigilance?

Also, if you're following the flow chart, you should be doing ok with your specials but.... are you using heroic strike? That's not on the flow chart because you can heroic strike and follow the rotation at the same time. But on many bosses HS will be your biggest source of damage.

OK i am adding in HS and got the Sword from H UK (also Belt) traded some gems for expertice and got some enchants hope to raise hit rating some and see if this helps this week in Naxx (off tank mostly but i should notice a difference right) I also have got my boots enchanted with icewalker and have been using the ench that adds 2% threat to gloves
    Last edited by Daeghayn; 02-05-2009 at 02:37 AM. Reason: added a sentence

+ Reply to Thread