+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking Issues

Tanking Issues

Hey guys, and Girls. I basically come to the fruitful knowledge of those at Tankspot.com for assistance today.

The World of Warcraft Armory Armory Link

I am a clicker using the WASD keys to move (A&D are strafe) where I have 1 Bound to my heroic strike so I can pretty much spam it.

I have a Current 10 man Naxx, and a 10 man Malygos.

Malygos
    Last night while tanking Malygos I was preforming extremely badly on threat and movement.
    On the latter of the 10ish wipes we did on him the hunters, the warlock, the fury warrior, and the ret paladin were pulling threat, and I could not do anything about it.

My case seems to be I'm moving and that's all I can seem to do. And even that I'm doing sub par. (this being said my raid wasn't calling spark locations out for me, but it shouldn't totally matter) I'm strafing around and trying to not get my raid breathed upon while everyone else is dpsing and catching up. When it got to the point that I could stop, they were 3% behind me and all the rotations and heroic strikes in the world couldn't put in a gap. Then I try to catch up on threat, and the raid lead tells me I need to move him better, the cycle continues.

If we got through phase 1, the beginning of phase 2 is another issue, When the nexus lords fly on down, they spawn at 2 sides usually having me in the middle, I try and taunt one and grab the other, but by this time the one I taunted is being DPSed on and all hell breaks loose. I ask for an MD but it doesn't seem to last too long and, the hunters pet is pulling.

Phase 3 is more rapid movement and It's possible for me to hit my buttons but usually we all get spread out and we wiped 4 times on phase 3 last night.

Come to Kel'Thuzad
    An easy to tank fight as the tank tanking KT, at 40% If I'm OTing I have a horrible time ( just like the nexus lords) getting the 2 adds in the fight and onto me.

Grobulus
    My constant movement backwards seems to impede on my threat as well.

So basically what I'm saying here is, I have issues with movement and threat generation. Fire tanking on Illidan seemed way easier than all of this, and I know that this shouldn't be difficult. How can I preform better on threat and movement. I'll try anything?

Lets Give you guys what I have to work with.
    For additional gear I have the:
    Royal Crest of Lorderon (+20 Def)
    Titansteel tank helm (Wrath enchant + 32 stam meta gem)
    Horned Tipped Gauntlets (Armsman)
    Dragon Brood Legguards ( Sarth 25)
    And the Medallion of the First war (I think, its the dodge trinket from badges)

http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/11170.jpg Is the Keyboard I use
    (HP Dv8000 Laptop)
    http://www.thecoolingemporium.co.uk/...adder_LRG2.jpg and My Mouse
    (Razer Death Adder 5 button mouse)

My UI
    Last edited by Ewanar; 02-04-2009 at 12:46 PM.

What is the question here?

Answer: Hold down the right mouse button

Tip: get a 5 button mouse and bind the 2 inside buttons to HS and revenge

Dont click, use hot keys,

I had hoped for more serious wordy responses.

If its a problem with moving and generating threat because you cant hit the buttons, look at using mouse binds if you need to, or alternate keys.

I use a G15 and use the extra keys on the side to tank with, pressing buttons with my pinky instead of ring/middle/index finger if I'm moving.
    Personally I find strafing with A and D obnoxious, if I want to strafe I hold right click and press A or D. With A/D as keyboard turn you can circle strafe easily by holding Q+D or A+E, it also means if you need to click something you can still do it while turning.

Try binding mousewheel up/down and mouse buttons to attacks. You can use alt+button presses as binds too (such as alt+mouse4, or ctrl+mouse5).

Quote Originally Posted by Ewanar View Post
    I am a clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewanar View Post
    I was preforming extremely badly on threat and movement.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Your threat will be better using keybinds than as a clicker, no contest. If you're not clicking abilities you can use your mouse to assist in movement, which will make that better. Basically, clicking is the root of all evil. Sounds flip, but it's true.

You shouldn't be moving constantly on Grobbulus. Stand and tank until you see him drop a new gas cloud, then back up 4 or 5 or 6 steps and tank until you see the next, repeat until epix appear. If you happen to have no melee, you can move even less. You can also use the big-gap stratey that Ciderhelm likes - look in the Project Marmot forum
    Last edited by Satrina; 02-04-2009 at 11:53 PM.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Yah Grobbulus is lesser on the chain.

+ Reply to Thread