+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How am I doing so far? 2.0

How am I doing so far? 2.0

Heya folks, Krazen again...just got some upgrades, so I need more input! Mind you, I haven't gotten my enchants to chest or back yet, so that's 38 defense rating that hasn't been added in. Let me know what you think!

All the best, K

The World of Warcraft Armory

P.S. - As of the time of this posting, my shield has not updated. It has the defense enchant on it.

A couple quick things I noticed.

Never gem for parry. Not until you have obscene levels of dodge, anyway.

18 stam to head? Really?

Not a warrior, but your trinkets (haste and crit) seem like dps not tanking gear.

Not sure about your server, but on mine blue quality gems aren't that much more than perfect greens.

Again dunno how it is for warriors, but +6 all stats may be a bad choice for a bracer enchant.

Maybe an old +hit scope for the shotgun?

Then dodge it shall be.

18 stam to head was all I had available at the time. I can get a Random resist /30 stam to head to replace it at this point while I keep grinding out Argent rep.

Tanking trinkets are NOT easy to come by. I have probably ran HoL 153462346235245 times, and H Azjol, on BH, is hard to find a group for, even when it's the daily heroic.

40 - 60g difference between perfects and blues. That may not seem like much, but I leveled this warrior from 30 - 80 since mid-december. That included all mount training. 5000g is a bit of work after dropping the amount of coin I dropped just leveling this guy.

I spend hours in trade spamming for the +40stam to bracer enchant, and I have not gotten a response yet. Yes, I have the mats. Yes, I offer a tip. BH enchanters are lazy. My buddy Dar is leveling his lock, which is an enchanter, and is...10ish skill points from getting said enchant.

I'll grab that scope.

Thanks for the help!

The old def/dodge arcanum from KoT is still good.

If you're that hard up for trinkets there is always the badge one.

For money, are you selling your titansteel every CD? Maybe ship the saronite you get to a JC friend to prospect, or level a JC alt. Or drop mining for JC, which is what I did. Plus you get +41stam gems and an amazing trinket. Heck, the +63 stam w/ two red sockets (9stam socket bonus) with +300% run speed ruby hare trinket is pretty damn good too.

I'm not blowing the money for +40 stam to bracers on a blue item myself, but+str or +def might be better choices.

H VH is a great instance. Fast, no travel time, epic tank legs and a good trinket. H UP for the sword, H OK for the bracers. If you can't get H AN groups for the belt, maybe the badge one?

Updates to my toon as of today:

Revered with Argent; Head Enchant now on.

Got my belt from H AN and the sword from H UP.

Changed a few enchants.

Feel free to check me out and give me pointers...again. :P

***EDIT: Will be doing multiple heroics tonight to fine tune even more (Trinkets plz). Will update if anything good comes of it.

Also, considering the mining drop to go JC.

KRAZEN!

Slow down.

You're making me look bad.

Seriously, though, the "drop mining to take JC" isn't a bad idea. I was levelling an alt (DK) to make him a JC, and using my main (Mining/BS) to farm ore for him. But now I see that I'd get more benefit the other way round.

I feel your pain about tank trinkets never dropping. Bleeding Hollow hates dropping tank trinket.

I'm not sure if your question has been answered but here's my advice:

Run Old Kingdom (Heroic) for Bracers of the Herald and get +40 stam on them

Run some more heroics for badges and get set gloves, or heroic Gun'Drak for Horn-Tipped Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft

Run Violet Hold (Heroic) for both Lavanthor's Talisman and Bolstered Legplates

Run 10 man Sarth and hope for epic ring, otherwise, there are some dungeon rings that are a bit better than what you have, namely, Nerubian Shield Ring - Item - World of Warcraft - this one is from Old Kingdom, so you can knock out 2 items in one run if you're lucky.

A second trinket would be the badge Trinket that had dodge, OR, run Azjol Nerub for the Essence of Gossamer.

I hope this helps and I hope everything drops for you.. best of luck.

Nobby

Quote Originally Posted by Bissadin View Post
    I feel your pain about tank trinkets never dropping. Bleeding Hollow hates dropping tank trinket.
    Woohoo, a fellow BH'er! And yes, I'm sure you suffer through the same nonsense I do...Thaddius never drops Repelling Charge, Loken never drops his trink, and Gossamer has yet to drop for me either. ><

Whitegold....

Thanks for the pointers, Nobby!

Doing well! Some good advice above, here are a couple more:

- If you're doing well for cash, Bracers of Dalaran's Parapets - Item - World of Warcraft are BOE, so you might find them on the AH or make a deal with someone who has no use for extra 25 man badges

- Keep working Wyrmrest faction for Sabatons of Draconic Vigor - Item - World of Warcraft
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

I have been extremely, EXTREMELY lucky with all my drops.

1st run for HUP sword
    1st run for Bolstered Legplates
    1st run for Gossamer's Essence + Belt
    1st run for Bracers in HOK

X.X

The real question is...should I stick to 10man content, or am I able to OT some of the 25 man content?

+ Reply to Thread