+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood tanking build

Blood tanking build

Basically , ive been playing as frost since hitting 80, Off tanking/Main tanking every encounter in game bar Sarth3d. I really fancy a change and now that i have a bit of gear and can afford to gem in a lot of stamina,i like the look of the blood tree, in a sense that alot of the stamina talents would scale nicely. (mark of blood / will of the necropolis etc) I've put together this build and would like a bit of feedback if possible. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000 Corpse explosion is a bit of an experiment, had one point left over and thought it might help in 5 mans and trash tanking.

In my opinion, your spec in blood tanking generally is based off of what else you have in your raids. If you don't have a prot pally, then you want to get the talents that improve your runic power generation to make sure that as many auto attacks as possible are getting turned into runic strikes. Also, if you don't have another DK in the raid providing Blood Aura (or at the very least a feral druid with aspect of the pack), then you'll want to make sure to bring that to the raid.

Also, not taking Blood Gorged is a mistake in my opinion. Expertise isn't as easy to come by as it is for a warrior. Also as blood, you need more expertise than the other DK specs do since most of your damage will be physical. This also means that Virulence isn't as big a deal since the only spell you'll really be using is Frost Strike.

In my opinion, corpse explosion isn't particularly optimum for a tank. In aoe situations you need to have aggro before one of the mobs dies.

That said, DK specs are very flexible and that can and would work. Just not optimal in *my* opinion.

mmo-champion doesn't load properly on the work computer for some reason (I can see the trees, and where the talents should be, but the talent graphics never load and tooltips don't work).

So, I just drew up what I'd probably do if I decided to respec as blood.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I was actually just looking to spec Blood for tanking as well. However, I don't exactly like the build you just posted Arvandor. First off, as a tank, I don't think that getting hysteria would be a great idea as you need to conserve your health, and not spend it. Secondly, you don't have any rune power dumps.

I'm still a little unsure of where exactly to put my points, but I am sure of putting 5/13/10 as a starting point. Basically, this is what my starting point looks like:

After that I get a little lost and don't know where to throw my points... Here's what I normally come up with:

If you've got any suggestions for that build, let me know. I love all criticism.

Take it easy.

DerangedMind

Cheers for the feed back chaps, Think i'll be going along the lines of this. Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft managed to pickup annihilation and lichbourne. i just think shadow of death is a bit to deep into unholy to warrant the points for 2% stam as nice as it would be in a deep blood build.

Well that seems like an ok spec for tanking i guess, the main concern here could be AoE aggro besides the lowered CD on D&D (which doesnt overaggro flamestrikes och blizzards very well alone).

The lack of "Oh shit" buttons is another concern i guess, its doable ofc but it requires healers to be on top of their game and really be able to pull it all the way thru enrages and berserks here and there.

Since there's no accurate threatdata on DK's yet im not gonna comment much more on "this is better for AoE threat" but try it and see if it works.. works case scenario you walk away with some repairbills and another 50g for a respecc i guess

From what ive experienced sofar personally (not saying that i tried many options yet) and with my crapass blue/epic gear i'd say the safer way to go would be frost still, the extra parry/miss/armorbuff from the frost tree seems like a more reliable source of tanking but like i said, try it and find out =) the only true way to go
    Beware teh smurfs!

God i love vampyric blood, use the glyph aswell for extra duration. Looking at over 40k hp in 5 man hc instances with kings and sta even without raiding epics every 30 second.

I was frost, but i really really love blood now . still, if i slack abit i usually get probs on aoe pulls with high dps warriors, paladins etc.

To the guy saying not take hysteria, i disagree. You dont take it for yourself but as a buff for one of your groupmembers. Afterall its only 1 point, no bigdeal.

+ Reply to Thread