+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: patchwerk OT help plz

patchwerk OT help plz

My guild is having problems with 10-man patchwerk,
    Naturally the blame falls to the OT (me)
    Here is my armory The World of Warcraft Armory
    So i was wondering if it is me that is causeing the problem
    • My thoughts are to get more expertise to avoid getting parried (unsure of what to give up for it).
    • Shoulder enchant : its what I had in the bank going to get the defence one from Aldor soon, donít have the rep with Hondir yet.
    • Bracers can be improved but no luck as of yet to get the bracers of herald
    • Going to switch my shield enchant to plating
    Any gear, gem, or enchant advice to help would be great

thanks

Well, what exactly is the problem? Are you dying in one shot or a couple? Threat issues?

Why are you wiping? Do you keep dying, do you not put out enough threat, or is the enrage timer being reached?

Looking at your armory you should have no problem with incoming damage from patch, my guild has had worse geared tanks tank 25 man patch.

If you have a WWS parse to show us, that would help alot. But you're not in terrible gear - I wouldn't gem for parry though. That's just me.

problems range for the healer saying im taking to much damage,
    though it anywhere from 6 - 10 sec for me to die on my own

from what i was seeing the dps cant keep up with the damage, i think when i lasted saw a meter we are 2k under what we need (plz laff they think they are fine)

my threat is untouchable out of the people i run with, ive wiped us a few times puling more threat the MT and having him getting smashed

As an OT for patch 10, you are more than geared enough, so your 2-4 questions I think aren't highly relevant. However, I wonder about your parry statement - you should not be getting parried, you can soak hateful strikes from behind him. At your level of effective health and avoidance, your dying to hatefuls lays solely in the hands of your healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJaguar View Post
    problems range for the healer saying im taking to much damage,
    though it anywhere from 6 - 10 sec for me to die on my own

from what i was seeing the dps cant keep up with the damage, i think when i lasted saw a meter we are 2k under what we need (plz laff they think they are fine)

my threat is untouchable out of the people i run with, ive wiped us a few times puling more threat the MT and having him getting smashed
    This strengthens what I said in my previous post - this is a healer issue. Hateful soaking is all about taking massive incoming damage, they have to overcome that. Surviving 6-10 seconds of hatefuls "on your own" is far too long, your healers need to step up.

In patch 25, you don't get to survive more than 1-2 seconds on your own, they need to learn this now. On top of this, the lower your health gets, the more likely one of your melee (or your MT) is going to eat a hateful instead of you.

people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

If you have all the available tank gear you can find and enchant correctly, the fault is in the healers not healing fast enough and the DPS slacking off.

Your gear is not an issue, it's enough for the encounter.

If you're dying, it's probably a healing issue, make sure your healers know that the OT is going to take a ton of damage in big bursts.

If you're having threat problems, then this forum is the perfect place to research some new rotations.

ok then ill have to talk to them about that, or get someone else to heal me

thanks

Here's a better question- how geared is the MT for your 10 man? Because on Patchwerk, the OT is REALLY the MT. You want to put your best geared warrior in the OT position. So compare your gear to theirs. If they beat you in gear, have them OT it.

Quote Originally Posted by Molohk View Post
    Your gear is not an issue, it's enough for the encounter.

If you're dying, it's probably a healing issue, make sure your healers know that the OT is going to take a ton of damage in big bursts.

If you're having threat problems, then this forum is the perfect place to research some new rotations.
    as said above threat is not an issue
    Ive even had to stop pressing buttons and move to clicking to slow my threat down...

I just want to clarify something as people are talking about threat as the OT on Patchwerk. To the best of my knowledge and I believe the general community consensus is, taking hatefuls is irrelevant of threat. Patchwerk selects the player with the highest HP in melee range to use his hateful against, ignoring his current aggro target (the MT) until there is nobody else in melee range to hateful.

"Threat" is only important as an OT on this fight in that the more DPS you are doing, the more threat you are putting out, thus the faster Patch is dying. It does not affect who he will hateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaker View Post
    Here's a better question- how geared is the MT for your 10 man? Because on Patchwerk, the OT is REALLY the MT. You want to put your best geared warrior in the OT position. So compare your gear to theirs. If they beat you in gear, have them OT it.
    I am the normal MT for us the OT we have is...The World of Warcraft Armory

Yeah, I just saw your second post >.< I need to type faster.

Honestly, it sounds like your healers are either undergeared or underestimating the dmg an OT takes. Healing the OT is harder than healing the MT, just because of the bursts. That's why a lot of ppl assign their better geared tank to OT duty in that fight.

If your MT has a larger health pool than you, then you might want to switch places to make it easier on the healers.

Well, I'd make sure you're getting amplify magic to start. That's #1. Second, the "OT" needs to do some heroics... But in all fairness, this may be an issue of gear. You guys may just not have the all around gear for that boss yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaker View Post
    this may be an issue of gear
    This, but not the tanks. Yes, your "ot" who is MTing patch has a few pieces that he could do better off upgrading (adamantite figurine? really?), but it's not game breaking - unless the dps is terribad and healers are oom in 15 seconds.

You're doing the right things, seems like the rest of the raid is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post
    I just want to clarify something as people are talking about threat as the OT on Patchwerk. To the best of my knowledge and I believe the general community consensus is, taking hatefuls is irrelevant of threat. Patchwerk selects the player with the highest HP in melee range to use his hateful against, ignoring his current aggro target (the MT) until there is nobody else in melee range to hateful.

"Threat" is only important as an OT on this fight in that the more DPS you are doing, the more threat you are putting out, thus the faster Patch is dying. It does not affect who he will hateful.
    I can confirm it IS possible to pull aggro as an OT in 10 man version, and I've never seen patch hit a melee while the OT is alive just becase the OT was a bit low in health. Maybe they simplified the encounter for 10 man, since it is pretty hard to have 2 hateful tanks there.

It looks to me like it would be your OT(the MT on patchwerk) taking the majority of the damage, and your healers spend too much time on him and let you die, keep vigilance on each other to reduce damage and find a way to make your OT get more Health, and less block....

If you're not running 3 healers, do that. and make sure you stand to the side or behind him.

Your gear and health is perfectly fine. You shouldn't worry about yourself

+ Reply to Thread