+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Sanctum Sartharion (3 Drakes)

who got drake mount on ciderhelm vid?

Very nice guides.

I just wonder one thing: who got the drake mount on the Ciderhelm vid?

I would have given it to the DK who OT'd the drakes when the actual OT died. I mean, without him, you would not even have had the achievement. he saved the raid, so he deserved a reward.
    retired tank, holy power killed it for me.

Anyways, my guild is working on this, and our biggest problem seems to be twilight torment, we are running 3 tank 7 heals, DK on Sarth with a war on Drakes and war on Adds.

Healing is 2 Holy Pallies, 2 Holy Priests, 2 Resto Druids, 1 Resto Shammy.

What kills most people is as they are getting hit by twilight torment they get hit by like a 15k lava strike which kills them especially with the -25%hp debuff, is this just a healer thing, that the healers have to pick it up? Cause we currently only have 3 cooldowns for the DK including his, DG from me, and his AMS and IBF,

I'm currently thinking of having the other holy pally and our Ret pallies spec into DG, I'm just wondering if it will gimp the ret DPS to much? Since all they miss out on is PoJ and Sanctified Wrath.

Great vid.

One thing that helped my guild was keeping the add count as low as possible. We had one or two people with mob targeted aoe (not ground targeted) stay on the adds whenever there were at least 3-4 up. This freed up some healing to keep everyone up during twilight torment (particularly the drake tank). Feral kitties and shadow priests worked well for this.

Also, I was wondering how the acolytes respawn. From our attempts (first kill last week!), we think that the drakes have a X second cooldown on spawning acolytes, and that they use it as soon as it is up. For example, if the cooldown was 40 secs and it takes your raid 30 secs to get in the portal and kill the acolyte, then it would respawn 10 secs later.

Help

My guild is having a problem with the adds (elementals and whelps), we have a druid on Sarth, warrior on the drakes, and me the pally tank on the adds. I feel like no matter what I do I just can't get them all, either an elemental slips by and I miss it (because like 5 drop at once) or the whelps miss my consecration. It just seems like no matter how hard I try I just can't get them fast enough. Does anyone have any idea on what could help me out? An addon that would help me, or something, anything.

My Armory

Swap jobs with the warrior, the nature of Consecrate makes it hard to pick up the adds where as TC/SW give more snap aggro + charge is ftw!

You may also consider dropping a healer and taking a 4th tank!

We get one of our holy pallies to put up righteous fury, than he stands inside consecrate.

Make sure you have a designated rogue for FoK.

Quote Originally Posted by Olcsonn View Post
    My guild is having a problem with the adds (elementals and whelps), we have a druid on Sarth, warrior on the drakes, and me the pally tank on the adds. I feel like no matter what I do I just can't get them all, either an elemental slips by and I miss it (because like 5 drop at once) or the whelps miss my consecration. It just seems like no matter how hard I try I just can't get them fast enough. Does anyone have any idea on what could help me out? An addon that would help me, or something, anything.

My Armory
    Ya I would also Suggest switching with the warrior, if played well, warriors are amazing add tanks with vigilance on the maintank or something of that sort to keep taunt refreshed. And from everything I've seen, paladins seem to be the best threat for single target to start off, and can get a good head start especially with a crit shield of the righteousness.

Downed this last week, my first time there (not my guild's tho) and we one shotted it, i was add tank (warrior) and that's a pretty easy job for a warrior, had a DK mt sarth and paladin on drakes.

Paladins have a much easier time picking up shadron along with holding aggro on Tenebron because of their aoe threat.

Ok, this might be a stupid question, but I've searched through the site as much as I could and watched the videos.

I've noticed that for the Sartharion's MT, some people have mentioned removing TT debuff by timing an attack on Sartharion. However, I see those threads are back from January or so and I remember seeing some videos that said "strategy not valid since 3.0.8"...

Long story short. Does attacking Sartharion while Shadron's Acolyte's up remove the TT debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Vrachara View Post
    Long story short. Does attacking Sartharion while Shadron's Acolyte's up remove the TT debuff?
    No. You just have to deal with it. As the Sartharion tank on this fight I usually just get what threat I can before Shadron spawns his disciple (makes Sartharion immune to damage), then stop attacking altogether until all the drakes and their adds are down and the warrior tank taunts off me.

Gracias for the info, though I saw it last night for myself hehe. And indeed - stopping attacks is a must, I tried attacking at first in an attempt to keep Infected Wounds going, but realised it wasn't worth it as I was dealing a lot of damage to myself while it was hard to keep IW up anyway due to my crappy hit rating.

I've worked out that the best thing that worked for me was a 334+ FR, 50k+ health set (bear tank here). Mind you, I was talking/interested about the 10 man, however, it's effective in the 25 man as well. I'll try to find a 10 man thread and post my info there now
    Last edited by Vrachara; 03-02-2009 at 11:00 AM.

A question for the drake tanks out there, do any of you use shadow resist to lessen those breaths?

Hi, I have a question, what kind of addons do u use on ur movies, like the one where all the pop ups that goes on the side. Thank you.

Finally got 10 man down, after having 25 man done a few weeks ago. Thanks again for the guide, it was a great help having everyone understand.

Couple of additional things that helped me. I made a macro for targeting the drakes:

/target [nomodifier] Tenebron
    /target [nomodifier] Shadron
    /target Vesperon
    /target [modifier] Shadron
    /target [modifier] Tenebron

Tap this to target the last drake to spawn, tap it with shift, ctrl or alt held to target the earlier drake to spawn. Useful to mash when the drake is landing but not yet targetable so you can hit/taunt it the moment it is, and then switch back when you need to.

The other thing I did was respec to grab commanding presence. Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft Certainly not a build I'd want to use most of the time, but in this small group environment with the balance of classes we had available, that extra bit of health across the whole group (and critically, on our feral druid sarth tank) I decided would give us more breathing space than the extra damage/threat from my standard 15/5/51 build. Maybe it wasn't necessary, but what did help a lot was booming voice, as this let me refresh CS on the druid MT at the point when I was dragging shadron over to vesperons spawn, which then lasted until the danger period was over.

Ok, I need some help on our strategy, not sure where we are going wrong.

1 Blood DK, Sarth MT
    2 Warriors, Drake tanks
    1 Paladin, Add tank

7 healers, 2 palys, 2 druids, 2 priests, 1 Shaman (this sometimes changes around depending on who is available)

14 DPS

Tenebron is going down fast, before a second portal. We have been tanking Tenebron opposite Sarth. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how the 3 drakes are being tanked becaues while I'm MTing I can't really watch and we have been changing up our strategy every couple nights of attempts to try to find where we go wrong. Anyway, Shadron drops, we kill the adds with ranged attacks while the melee go immediately to Shadron. From what I understand we are tanking the drakes where they land and not dragging the prior drake to the new drake. 2 tanks are tanking the drakes. We have gotten Shadron down to around 10% once, and every other attempt we don't get that far. As MT I am staying alive no problem, I've got the CD rotation working great for me, and the healers helping me out are doing exactly what they should be. What seems to be happening is the raid gets totally overwhelmed by adds, Vesperon lands and adds TT to the mix, and they basically start to kill themselves with their own DPS. Some people are getting inconsistent DPS like one of our priests said he gets hit by TT for 3k a tic and it doesn't matter what kind of damage he's putting out. He's a shadow priest. Maybe our group isn't totally understanding what they should be doing when TT starts? Anyway, why can't get Shadron down? It just seems like there are way too many adds to be taking care of while Shadron and Vesperon are up, and Shadron just isn't going down, so far we haven't even killed him. Are we using too many tanks and healers? We could essentially get rid of a healer and a tank and get two more dps, wouldn't that help us get things dead faster? Any and all advice is welcomed.

Our guild got this done a couple of weeks and I think the main thing that made it for us was not over-doing the healers and tanks. Our set up ended up being:

Druid Sarth MT - 52k hp but no FR (She's lazy, it would have helped, lol)
    2x DK tanks - one on drakes one on adds.

5 healers - 3 pallies, 1 druid 1 priest. Ideally we would have had a priest instead of the 3rd pally.

17 DPS.

The fact is that the only time raid heals are heavy is during twilight torment and frankly with 3 bubbles to reduce the damage in that time we had Vesp almost down by the time the third bubble wore off. It also minimized the amount of cooldowns we needed to rotate on the tank. She did in fact get gibbed JUST as vesp died but one of the DKs picked sarth up and we did just fine.

I think the only thing I'd change from the above strat would just be to have the tank wear more FR and have another priest.

Hope that helps.

Have you ever seen a better describtion?
    Thx for so much work!

Hello

GREAT MOVIE ! really show some good tips and really have helped me a lot, but one think I am looking for now is just a movie on how or tips or somehow like help with people that have to tank the adds.
    Anyone have a link to like a video to some tips on how to tank adds?

Thanks a lot for the guide, it was great help.

By the way
    What is the name of the add on that allows your combat text to scroll on the side?

Could I get a verification on the breath damage for 25 Man.

Sarth base fire dmg: 12,000 + 50% dmg buff (Shadron's acolyte) = 18,000

Shadron's 100% fire debuff = base + base*100% = 36,000

W/Vespron's 75% fire debuff = base + base*100% +base*75% =
    18,000 + 18000 + 12000 = 48,000

Or is it : base + base *175% = 18,000 + 31,500 = 49,500

+ Reply to Thread