+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Sanctum Sartharion (3 Drakes)

a DK tank is great against fight like this if they have specced Acclimation, acclimation is a talent in the frost tree, pretty far up, that allows any resistance to stack up pretty high.
    So if you are tanking a fire boss the FR stacks, same with shadow etc. A Shamans totems will also help on the stacks, as it stacks per tick, or so i've heard, not tested the last one yet.
    Tanking gets you healed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizlock View Post
    Seems as if they have increased the breath range.
    Confirmed! Thanks for the heads up. That settles the question of whether this was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizlock View Post
    Seems as if they have increased the breath range. I guess this is a class that only a hero class is supposed to tank.
    C'mon stop that. This fight does not require a DeathKnight. Ok they have more cooldowns but if dps is sucky they still need outside help from Priests and Paladins like any other tank class. If dps is good enough I don't need anything but my own Shieldwall for 1 breath before Shadron drops.

Tell dps to play properly and you be fine.

Question on Lore's Video:

How many healers did you bring? Our guild has trouble killing Tenebron in under 60 sec (like whats in the video) even with hero on Tenebron (we get to about 1min 15 sec). Im thinking we are carring to many healers, but Im not sure. We were using 7 healers for the encounter.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

7 healers is fine, don't let your healers suffer from your dps not being good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnurken View Post
    7 healers is fine, don't let your healers suffer from your dps not being good enough.
    No I know, but we are using the max healers recommended per the fusion strat, so I was just wondering if Lore was using 7 or 6. My feeling is that an extra DPSer would put us over the top. Can your guild do it with 7 healers and a 60 sec kill on tene w/o hero?
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

I don't know exact seconds, but we have Tenebron at about 10-15% when Shadron becomes active, then ranged switch to AOE whelps while melee finish off Tenebron and starting on Shadron (bladeflurry, cleave, I don't know) then we get a lava-wall and after that we blow Bloodlust.

Depending a bit on lava-walls Shadron is 40-20% when Vesperon lands and I use a rotation of Shield Wall / Guardian Spirit / Hand of Sac to survive until Shadron drops. Most of the times it's just a Shieldwall needed.

So the taunting tactic is over? Since they increased the range...

Where did the timeline go? I am confused. :P

# of healers depends on your DPS. If you're getting to 1min 15sec with Bloodlust/Heroism, it sounds like you probably have some DPS that are slacking off. Build your raid to suit -- try it with 6 heals, see how it goes. Better yet, get your low-end DPS to step it up a bit
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

A little confused...

I do not understand one of your "tips" here:

3. Paladin(s): "Righteous Fury" to grab a majority of the healing aggro to make add tank job easier.

In patch 3.0.2 the way agro is generated from Righteous Fury was changed to "Righteous Fury now increases threat caused by Holy damage by 90%"
    (The latest 3.0.8 notes still include this change from right before WOTLK WoW -> Patch Notes -> Current Patch Notes)
    so in other words Rigtheous Fury or lack of it has ZERO effect on aggro generation from HEALING only on Damage. If you mean something like have a paladin off tank with Righteous Fury stand near the healers then sure, but for a healer using Righteous Fury will not help generate agro or direct adds anywhere. And if you mean for a OT paladin to use Righteous Fury well sure why would we NOT have it up even if only on adds.

RF still affects healing aggro. The tooltip was just reworded for some reason when they made it 90% base instead of 60% with +50% from talents.

Lore I think I will have to disagree with you atm.

I am pretty sure even though I cannot find any direct link that the threat does not get modified by Righteous Fury in regards to healing ever since Wotlk came out, but since I cannot find a direct link that confirms my thoughts or contradicts yours I will do some testing. The removed this mechanic and changed the tooltip specifically due to how some healers/tanks were abusing the RF + healing on Fights like Tidewalker and A'lar back in BC. If you have a link to some testing that shows RF DOES still modify healing threat please post some links or send me the link and I will most happily read it.

RF affecting healing aggro is a huge part of why they had to remove the threat from JoL.

It's easy to test, just go body pull something and heal yourself with RF up, and look how much threat was generated on Omen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnurken View Post
    C'mon stop that. This fight does not require a DeathKnight. Ok they have more cooldowns but if dps is sucky they still need outside help from Priests and Paladins like any other tank class. If dps is good enough I don't need anything but my own Shieldwall for 1 breath before Shadron drops.

Tell dps to play properly and you be fine.
    Yeah, I know a DK is not required, I was just a little bitter since this is the second time we've had to change our strat. So close last night, our main problem is one of our priests is having trouble hitting the cool down at the right time. It's frustrating when you have 24 people playing perfectly and you wipe because of something like that.

I can confirm that RF Healing Aggro is still working. It proved to be the nail on the kill as I now knew which healer to stand at instead of guessing which of the six will get aggro and then all other five will die.

Thanks to Lore and Cider for the work!

I will admit I was wrong and Lore was right on this. I went and tested this last nite and indeed RF being up does generate extra agro for heals that actually land (ie - not overheals) and we are back to having a holy pally (or tank or ret) be able to pull adds to one location just by virtue of standing somewhere and healing with RF up to generate more agro than any other healers. Does really help with adds on this fight, and a mechanic that they specifically turned off in 3.0.2 and seem to have turned back on at some point without mentioning it. I do see the current tooltip on Righteous Fury is back to "Holy Spells" and not "Damage".

All Hail Lore!

hey, What are the addons you use lore?

Recently the adds seem to be spawning more random than before. We have been running with 6 healers and when the fire walls come adds will spawn auto enrage and go after the healers that went on the opposite side of the fire wall and own them before I can get there to pick them up.

Have you guys had any issues with that?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyHell View Post
    Recently the adds seem to be spawning more random than before. We have been running with 6 healers and when the fire walls come adds will spawn auto enrage and go after the healers that went on the opposite side of the fire wall and own them before I can get there to pick them up.

Have you guys had any issues with that?
    Actually yes, the whelps did not spawn under the portal like they use to, or at least I thought they use to. Last night was my first time tanking adds. And I was tanking them solo.

Either it was my own badness, or there is something I am missing here. As a solo warrior tank there are simply just too many that are too far spread apart. If they all grouped up in one area sure, no problem. But they didn't.

We had our paladin throw on RF and spam heals, and it worked a bit, for a few of the fire adds. But the many of the the whelps were to far away to be controlled quickly. This was our major downfall.

I feel like I've let my guild down, I consider myself an above average player with skills to match. But after facing this encounter, I don't know. Maybe I'm just a scrub.

TL; DR Version

Adds to spread out, RF not picking them up. I'm a baddie QQ

In all seriousness, if this has changed. Or there is some secret to picking these up that I am missing, please inform me. I do not take kindly to failure when it comes to tanking. I need to know what I am doing wrong.

Kenney
    <Tainted Core>
    Andorhal US

+ Reply to Thread