+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Sanctum Sartharion (3 Drakes)

I am sure this has been asked before, but what happens if you don't kill the additional drakes and just nuke the boss from the start? I have tried this fight quite a few times (mostly on 10 man) and we are very short of tanks, but have around 3.5k - 4k dpsers. I can tank all 3 small drakes at once if I have my own healer and a pally with beacon on me, but for whatever reason, we keep wiping for stupid things, fire walls, healers hit by meteors, main tank getting killed ect. We have tried to nuke the boss before, because of our DPS, we thought we could do it. We don't have any plate wearers other than the two or three tanks we have. (yes we really don't have many tanks). Is it possible though, with our DPS to kill sarth before the fire debuffs start to really do big damage? Or maybe we have to change who tanks what? (ie, me tanking sarth.)

it used to be possible that you could burn the boss down before the 2nd drake landed if you had enough damage. They fixed/patched it so this is no longer possible.

The reason why you can't just ignore the drakes is because 1) they do too much damage to 1 tank if you try to tank all of them + sarth, and 2) because the 2nd drake turns the boss invulnerable at the 75 second mark or so and either the drake or the acolyte (in the portal) must be killed to remove it. (I don't remember which did it).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I think you misunderstood something. The tank for sarth isn't tanking anything else, but I am tanking the 3 drakes, and trying to pick up the adds, to little effect, coz I am watching my hp bar all the time, ready to pop cooldowns.

Can the acolyte be tanked by a pet? Like a bear or something? With only 2 tanks as we sometimes have on 10 man, that is the best we can get. ofc neither of the tanks can go in portal coz then that just wipes.

Any plate or feral druid in bear form can probably tank the acolyte, but again, I don't think you can kill sarth without killing the drakes and in a timely manner at that. The raid wide damage would be insane, and you tanking all 3 would not hold out very long with the amount of damage being thrown out.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Okay, thanks. It seems I will have to get tough with those that miss flame walls

You can't hold the 3 drakes and kill Sartharion unless you're doing the zerg, meaning you must kill Sartharion before Shadron appears, Shadron's acolyte shields Sartharion and you do literally no damage to it, that is in 10man, Idk if the zerg applies to 25m tho, but the 10m is still doable, you just need to burn him down under 1:30min or you'll fail. Another thing, at 30% of Sarth the drakes enrage, only a CD will make you survive, is a huge dmg in the tank, Tenebron alone does high dmg let along the other 2 in the OT. We always get the tank killed before sarth is dead, you must bring 1 tank 1 healer (preferably a priest) and 8 dps (everybody must do over 4k) also your group must buff itself, aka all melee or all casters) and you must bring a shammy for heroism/blood lust.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Oh, they enrage? I didn't know that. Well, that cancels any chance of nuking it :S. Is it a soft enrage or hard enrage?
    Arms DPS main spec // Prot warrior tank off-spec

They do 200% dmg, according to combat log, around 25k melee hit, plus who knows the shadow breaths.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

This is driving me ABSOLUTELY INSANE...can someone PLEASE tell me the name of the soundtrack used in the Obsidian Sanctum 3 drakes kill please??

What is the name of the addon u used to get al the combat tekst rollod on the side of your char?

Zerging Sarth25+3 is possible. My guild does it everyweek now. Fun 10mins.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
    Prot/Ret Paladin
    <Mors Certa> of Kil'jaeden
    http://www.morscerta.com/

What DPS do you need single target to do Sarth 10 man zerg? Let's say 1 tank and 1 healer 8 dps? I'm bad at calculations

ok i tried to do that console macro you were talking about and its not working i typed out /console cameradistancemaxfactor 4 and it did nothing can u guys help me fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Stern View Post
    What DPS do you need single target to do Sarth 10 man zerg? Let's say 1 tank and 1 healer 8 dps? I'm bad at calculations
    Sartharion has 2,510,100 health in 10-man.
    Vesperon grants him an additional 25% health bringing that to 3,137,625
    Divide that by the amount of time you have to kill him (About 80 seconds iirc), which means you need ~39220 Raid DPS.
    Divide that by the number of DPS (8), and everyone needs ~4900 DPS.
    If you factor in the tank, you could probably get away with ~4700 DPS.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

Hello,
    we gonna do OS3D tomorrow raid run ^^. But we gonna do 10 man and in the movie it is 25 man. We also need 3 tanks in 10man?

Quote Originally Posted by Flowne! View Post
    Hello,
    we gonna do OS3D tomorrow raid run ^^. But we gonna do 10 man and in the movie it is 25 man. We also need 3 tanks in 10man?
    Best way we found for 10man was either Zerg or Normal, or at least normal to us.

We would have one tank pick up everything, while dps just zerged down sarth. Also just use one great raid healer. This method has worked for us each and everytime. So raid make-up would be:

1tank
    1Healer
    8Dps

The safer way some other guilds do it on our server is with the raid make-up of:

2tanks
    1Healer
    7 dps

doing the same thing but having the one tank grab all 3 drakes and the MT picking up Sarth while dps just burn down sarth.

Good luck =]

I did it a couple of nights ago as a zerg fight. Make sure your DPS are pulling 4k or more as it makes the zerg method much easier. My group consisted of 3 pallies, myself being retribution and one who was holy and the other tanking. I have found that for Sarth 3D in 10 man, a well geared prot pally has little issue with aggro, however the one problem we ran into is that Sartharion cleaves for 35k damage plus his melee swings wound up killing our tank when he was at about 25% health. So the best method was for the tank to pop Divine Protection which reduces physical damage by 50% when the boss gets low in health as it really only took about a minute and a half to kill him.

There are some good engaging strategies as well, like pulling the boss with a Crashin Thrashin Racer and letting him despawn, moving to where he normally stands and just tanking him there with your group in close so you won't get hit by lava waves. Our tank was able to pick up the 1st drake and so long as people stayed out of the toilet bowls as we call them, we had no issues with DPS. A warlock was handy for extra stamina with the imp, though we pondered summoning a doom guard for the fight but decided against it. We had no priest or shaman either so it was a matter of blowing all CD's as soon as the tank had aggro. I reckon the first drake was down no longer then 30 seconds before Sartharion was dead.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

hey bro great vid, umm i was wondering...how do u manage to put ur health and mana bars like that? is that an addon o something? thnx

I've recently led an OS 25M 3D. In my opinion, the easier way is to have a paladin and a druid tank, at least 2 hunters, 3 healers, and rest random dps.

We focused 2 healers full time on the MT, while we had the OT(Druid) healed by a shamman.

The druid taunts Tib. and runs in kitty, then when he is as far as possible, he switches back to bear and tanks Tib for the rest of the fight, which is about 20-30s. The entire fight took 80s. With around 60-70% of the raid members surviving. The deaths were to silly things mostly, such as flame wall. They became a little too excited to pay attention to the mechanics of the fight.

Overall, I found that to be rather efficient, and quick method of downing it, and getting yourself that nice title and a chance at the mount.

You can just Zerg Sarth now, there's not much point doing it the old fashioned way.

+ Reply to Thread