+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Sanctum Sartharion (3 Drakes)

Here's a link to a chart showing Sartharion's max breath on each tank and with varying buffs. I don't know who created it, but it's something I've referenced many times.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1...abreathyj5.png

If you're the author of that chart, huge thanks out to you!

Awesome, just what I was looking for!

You talk about How the text wraps around your chr, what mod is that? i would like to apply it my mods.

Hello there fellow's!

Im really wondeing what kind of addOns you're using.
    I really like the "black bottem" one, the one with you recount / chat messages in it.
    Can you please tell me what their names are?

Thanks

If anyone is interested in a compilation of information from this thread as well as various other websites and threads I created these two:

Guide
    and
    Supplemental

Let me know if you think I left anything out or should change anything.

Camera setting

I have trouble attacking the scions because they are either out of range or not in front of me. In your video I see that you are zoomed so far out that you can see the scions and yourself at the same time. I've tried zooming out using the interface options and also by typing some camera setting syntax I got from one of the forums but it doesn't seem to zoom out as far as your camera.

Can you let me know if there is some trick to do this?

Thanks

I am wondering about how much Health do the Main - Tank need to not die of Sartharions Breath when Vesperons debuff is active (dk-tank)?

Mods in the Video

Quote Originally Posted by Baelfist View Post
    You talk about How the text wraps around your chr, what mod is that? i would like to apply it my mods.
    The mod to make the text scroll around you is Scrolling Combat Text and the display HUD that you see in the middle with the Health to the left and the mana to the right is called Dhud. Well there are many versions of Dhud style center display, I personally like Dhud better. All ya have to do is search dhud at Curse.com - WoW Addons WAR Addons Gamer Blogs Forums and the other versions will come up.

Hope that helps ya

what addons do you use on the video need them all ?

Amazing movie, this really helped me out.

I would like to ask, what are the addons used in the 25man video?
    I buy new or used firearms. If you or a friend has one feel free to private message me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Updated w/ the non-HD version. I can't believe how hard reds are hit w/ encoding, so as the original post suggests, make sure to watch it again in HD.
    Ciderhelm i have a Quest

What addons to you have use one the video
    can you link it or make a config
    maybe it easyer with it too down him

Changing your addons may help some, but you have to be comfortable with them. Some people enjoy alot of addons, others find it hindering. Addons like Recount are nice because I can see my raid's dps but at the same time I can hide it if I find it too distracting. Lastly, while some addons can be really useful, they can quickly become a hinderance if you don't understand what they're actually doing. For instance, when I went to a RL friend's house because he asked me how he could improve his tanking, I watched him in a heroic. His screen was about 25-30% covered in mods. If they were helping him I could understand, but when I asked him why he had so many he replied "I saw them in videos of raid encounters so I added them. I don't know what some of them are doing exactly but it seemed to help those tanks so I figured it would help me."

I have a quick question.
    Is Guardian Spirit (the last talent in the holy priest tree) still bugged for druid tanks?
    If not is it a good idea for a druid tank to tank Sarth on 3 drake?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojex View Post
    I have a quick question.
    Is Guardian Spirit (the last talent in the holy priest tree) still bugged for druid tanks?
    If not is it a good idea for a druid tank to tank Sarth on 3 drake?
    A druid tank is good for sarth 3D if he is in high stamina gear. But that still relies mainly on cool downs of other players (priests/paladins)

I hope this doesn't cause any QQ.. but you should honestly just go get a DK to tank this. Do whatever it takes to find one

UIs

What UIs is Lore using in this Video? I love the look and would like to emulate it.

Thank you

Hello, Nice Video

Hello, Hey Ciderhelm I know you are probably very busy with the website and the game and real life events, But i wanted to ask if there was anyway that you can direct me in the way on how you make your videos. Im specifically intersted in the 1st 55 seconds of this video. I have looked a lot but cant find a way to to that. I am asking this because Me and My guild watch your videos all the time and i was inspired to make some of my own videos for my guild, cause as you know evryone adapts there own little strat from the main one. If you cant reply to this message dont worry about it. I understand how busy someone who makes these videos must be. If you can then id love to hear from you, If youd like you can contact me thru my email to keep this thread clean.

Thank for takeing your time and reading this

P.S.
    I Apologize for my grammer I am writting this in a hurry in the hospital =)

Our attempt...

Hey guys.
    i am one of those fortunate people who knows alot of guys in big guilds so when we got a group together for this i was expecting us to do very well. we attempted it on 10 man which i played the part of the adds tank taking the fire elementals and the wrymkin. we had an unholy Dk tanking Sarth, and a warrior tanking the 3 drakes.
    we attempted this for about 2 hours repeating the same tactic over and over. (bare in mind these guys are top players on server for horde) but we never even managed to down 1 drake before the 2 tanks were dead. obviously my job is fairly easy so i stayed alive longest, but my gear is not great so i died shortly after them. it seemed as tho the healing was not enough. but these guys are ulduar geared mostly with 25man naxx gear aswell. surely if anyone was going to do this it was this group. anyone got any ideas why we failed misirably on this?

Get a WWS report and go over it to see whether the 'top people on the server' that you were with are actually any good lol.

If you didn't down 1 single drake... definitely sounds like a lack of DPS. If tanks are dieing sounds like both a lack of DPS & either bad healers or bad tanks, really hard to tell without a WWS though.

This was very helpful I've seen this done many times and the raid wipes on the walls. Hopefully I can show this to other tanks I know so they can do a better job next time.

Oh, and I noticed someone got kicked from the guild lol.

this is truly my favorite fight as a tank

+ Reply to Thread