+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Sanctum Sartharion (3 Drakes)

Hey Lore, nice guide. I have just a few questions for you.

1) Can you clarify the MT healer positions as well as for the North lava wall?

2) We are having a tough time dropping Shadron before the cd rotation is finished, would it be wiser to just have 2 aoe on the adds after Tenebron while the rest of the dps burn Shadron immediately via Bloodlust?

3) When exactly do u start the cd rotation? Is it after Shadrons acolyte or Vesperons?

Thanks in advance

Demongate
    <Infinite>
    Akama

I have a UI question. When you switch to DPS as Retribution(around 4:10) there is a mod that is actively showing raid DPS in a graph format. what is this mod

Hey, I'm posting in Regards to the current sarth strat. For one thing, I dunno if it still works but the whole RF thing doesn't seem to work anymore. We had several attempts and the adds would just be so sparatic and go to either DPS or healers.

I consider myself a pretty good tank, but when we have 2 Warrior Tanks to handle Elementals/Whelps, and when the Elementals are Everywhere, it really makes me question if you really just used just 2 tanks without any back up's or additional help. Because So far the Add control seems to be my guilds biggest problem, and guess who's in the middle of it all.

Seems like I'm not the only one who's having this problem either.

Could I get a list of UI add-ons that you are using for this vid.
    Thx

Is the taunting tactic now obsolete? Can someone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Demongate View Post
    3) When exactly do u start the cd rotation? Is it after Shadrons acolyte or Vesperons?
    I have this same question.

It seems like I can survive breaths when Shadron's acolyte is up if I have priest and pally shields, but as soon as Twilight Torment is active, my survivability goes way down. So, can I just use fire resist pots and maybe my repelling charge trinket to live through the breaths until Vesperon is active, or will I need to start using big cooldowns as soon as Shadron's acolyte is up?

I sit at about 30K HP with the -HP% aura up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yannis View Post
    Is the taunting tactic now obsolete? Can someone confirm?
    It was confirmed a couple pages back.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Demongate View Post
    1) Can you clarify the MT healer positions as well as for the North lava wall?
    I'm not exactly sure. Our Disc Priest tells me there's a "sweet spot" on the little island somewhere where she never has to dodge either wall.

2) We are having a tough time dropping Shadron before the cd rotation is finished, would it be wiser to just have 2 aoe on the adds after Tenebron while the rest of the dps burn Shadron immediately via Bloodlust?
    Assuming you're talking about the MT, ideally you should have an infinite rotation (meaning there's always some ability that's just come off of cooldown), which is why a DK tank is preferred. I'm not sure what you mean with the AOE suggestion -- there is no AOE (outside of whatever damage the AOE tanks manage to do) until Shadron is dead.

Vesperon's. More specifically, you start the CD rotation as soon as Twilight Torment becomes active. Make sure your MT is aware when this is about to happen so he can be ready to pop a cooldown mid-breath if necessary -- the debuff will apply to the breath even if Sarth began the cast before it was active.

The breaths should only be able to 1-shot you without a cooldown while both Acolytes are active. If this isn't the case, you need more HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I'm not exactly sure. Our Disc Priest tells me there's a "sweet spot" on the little island somewhere where she never has to dodge either wall.

Assuming you're talking about the MT, ideally you should have an infinite rotation (meaning there's always some ability that's just come off of cooldown), which is why a DK tank is preferred. I'm not sure what you mean with the AOE suggestion -- there is no AOE (outside of whatever damage the AOE tanks manage to do) until Shadron is dead.

Vesperon's. More specifically, you start the CD rotation as soon as Twilight Torment becomes active. Make sure your MT is aware when this is about to happen so he can be ready to pop a cooldown mid-breath if necessary -- the debuff will apply to the breath even if Sarth began the cast before it was active.

The breaths should only be able to 1-shot you without a cooldown while both Acolytes are active. If this isn't the case, you need more HP.
    Thanks for the clarification there, so basically after Tenebron is dead all dps go to town on Shadron with a bloodlust.

Works for me.

that's a very helpful video.. by the way what kinda of UI and addons you using? they look pretty cool!

We finally got this fight last night and I just wanted to give a shout out to you Lore for making this guide and followin up on my questions. Couldn't have done it without you.

Twilight Vanquisher Demongate out.

Glad I saved this read for Forum Tuesdays lol. Lots of QQ in here almost made me think I was on the Blizzard Official Forums lol.

Anyway....

I am wondering what the best group comp for a 25 man would be. I was wondering if Cider or Lore could please list who you had in what role with what assignment, if you happen to have the time.

Thank you in advance.
    -Boda
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Thank you so much for the video. The few minor adjustments we did from it made all the difference.

Can anyone recommend any good places to go for a basic written strat description + timeline of this fight, and when debuffs are applied. From what I've gleaned, the mechanics changes for a taunt strategy changed, rendering the original video & subsequent comments obsolete. I've gone through all the comments but I'm having a hard time piecing it together in a consistent way. I'm going to be MTing this for the first time tonight, but I'm not even sure when the worst fire breaths occur. Anyway, looking forward to it a lot, should be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns View Post
    Can anyone recommend any good places to go for a basic written strat description + timeline of this fight, and when debuffs are applied. From what I've gleaned, the mechanics changes for a taunt strategy changed, rendering the original video & subsequent comments obsolete. I've gone through all the comments but I'm having a hard time piecing it together in a consistent way. I'm going to be MTing this for the first time tonight, but I'm not even sure when the worst fire breaths occur. Anyway, looking forward to it a lot, should be a blast.
    The video in the OP is a current strategy -- the taunt strat videos were removed.

Oh ok yeah ty I realized its an updated video, and its really great, especially with the positioning circles. I'm just looking for something written down that I can keep right in front of me during the fight and I can study better eg with timelines, when the worst breath damage occurs. If all of this is in the video then that's cool. I just cant keep a video on the desk in front of me, nor can I study it while I go off for a couple of beers to chill before the raid, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns View Post
    Oh ok yeah ty I realized its an updated video, and its really great, especially with the positioning circles. I'm just looking for something written down that I can keep right in front of me during the fight and I can study better eg with timelines, when the worst breath damage occurs. If all of this is in the video then that's cool. I just cant keep a video on the desk in front of me, nor can I study it while I go off for a couple of beers to chill before the raid, lol.
    Worst breath damage usually starts about 3-5 seconds after Vesperon (Drake 3) lands. It's his acolyte that puts up the debuff, so as soon as you get the "A Vesperon Acolyte appears in the Twilight Portal" message, that's when the heavy breath damage starts. You'll also get the Twilight Torment debuff at the same time.

Thank you! I'll let you know how we get on. I joined a new guild, they've already killed him many times, I just dont want to be a total noob on my first night

10 Man Info Please

I currently MT for my guild, and we are not up to viable 25 man's yet. I have been running people through Vault and OB San here on Friday's and Naxx (various wings) on Saturdays.
    For my own sense of Sanity can anyone give some specific make ups for doing the 10 man? We just do a regular clear, and I would love to try doing 3 drakes. Has anyone had any luck since the patch doing this 10 man?
    Our Possible make up is
    4 tanks Warrior, Pally, DK and Bear.
    3 Healers Priest, Pally and Shaman.
    Our DPS is nearly all classes.

Trying to figure out best set up before we attempt it.
    Thanks in Advance for any suggestions.

PS I read entire post up to here, and dont see the info listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargard View Post
    I currently MT for my guild, and we are not up to viable 25 man's yet. I have been running people through Vault and OB San here on Friday's and Naxx (various wings) on Saturdays.
    For my own sense of Sanity can anyone give some specific make ups for doing the 10 man? We just do a regular clear, and I would love to try doing 3 drakes. Has anyone had any luck since the patch doing this 10 man?
    Our Possible make up is
    4 tanks Warrior, Pally, DK and Bear.
    3 Healers Priest, Pally and Shaman.
    Our DPS is nearly all classes.

Trying to figure out best set up before we attempt it.
    Thanks in Advance for any suggestions.

PS I read entire post up to here, and dont see the info listed.
    There are plenty of other threads covering the 10 man version (none of which I have links to at this time)
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

+ Reply to Thread