Closed Thread

Thread: anyone notice DW nerf post 3.0.8a?

anyone notice DW nerf post 3.0.8a?

has there been any change to deep wounds lately? it seems to be dropping dramatically for me as a % of my damage. i don't know if this is a result of gear changes or a stealth change to the talent.

to test it out, i did a timed-CoS run and dumped a WWS report. in CoS, DW used to be ~14% of my overall damage. this time, it was 5% - both on boss fights AND trash mobs. i had 241 thunderclaps, 372 damage shield procs, and 76 shockwaves, and i was using the 2.6 speed fist weapon from in there.

is it just me?

Did you have an Arms warrior or a Feral Druid in one of your old runs?

I never have access to either, and my DW has always (both before and after 3.0.8) between 5 and 8% of my cumulative damage.

With a Feral Druid, especially, you'd probably be a lot more likely to see numbers like 14%, although I think that would be a bit higher than I'd expect.

there was apparently a bug fix which "stopped deep wounds from double dipping" into multipliers

or something like that

read elitist jerks for more info

Yeah a feral would make a huge difference. The crit boost alone (from LOTP) would nearly double the total deepwounds damage you do.

Personally, the raid fury warriors ive been running with are still pulling good numbers. I can't tell you about my own numbers as a protection warrior with DW since i havent gotten to tank in a week or two.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

16% of my damage on Patch this sunday (MT'ing). And i was "still" using the sword from Mount Hyjal then (thanks for the axe kel ) Bear hateful tank, no fury/arms warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Fledern View Post
    16% of my damage on Patch this sunday (MT'ing). And i was "still" using the sword from Mount Hyjal then (thanks for the axe kel ) Bear hateful tank, no fury/arms warriors
    with a bear OT, no other warrior would bring any new buffs. The bear brings crit aura and bleed dmg increase with mangle.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

i don't run with either a feral druid or arms warrior, but i just caught the post about the change to DW. glad to know i'm not imagining things.

lets consolidate DW change into 1 thread. Closing this one. Check out the news post.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Closed Thread