+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dear Blizzard:Lv 80 heroic Shattered halls, please

Dear Blizzard:Lv 80 heroic Shattered halls, please

I miss that instance.

I used to tank it for fun on my druid, I used to tank it for fun on my paladin, if I had a DK or Warr at 70 I'd grab a bunch of lv 68~72s and run it again for old time's sake. Wrath instances are gimmicky, obnoxious and I'm sick of them already. Heroic SH never got old, please upgrade it to level 80.

Thanks!
    - Alent.

(PS: Heroic VC and heroic BRD wouldn't be a bad idea, either.)

Heroic old instances is definately a great idea. I fear the lashout of "WTG recycling old content Blizz" from the playerbase though.

in my opinion, next expansion needs to be Arthas blowing up the old continents and everyone fleeing to Shattrah as refugees. Gives the Dev team an excuse to revamp the old world for flying, redo the old instances as heroics (L90? what ever)... and a great way to introduce starting any class at 55 at the new "refugee" starting zones in outlands just like the DK starting zone.

but yeah, heroic VC or even better.. Heroic SM. i love SM.

^^ I support this

I think I've had enough recycled content for one expansion, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    I think I've had enough recycled content for one expansion, thanks.
    We crushed the dark irons in their home, we kicked Ragnaros and Nefarian to the curb... why wouldn't someone new move into the empty digs? Yes, leaving Naxx as exactly the same inhabitants and fights was a bit lame, but it made some sense story-wise. The mistake made wasn't in recycling the content, but not having new content ready fast enough.

I'd love to see the old instances with new inhabitants. The raid instances could be completely revamped as 10/25, and the 5 man instances left as the old school content on normal, with the new badguys at heroic.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

It seems a waste not to do that, really. I personally missed out on a lot of the old level 60 stuff, since I never hit max level until TBC. I actually spent a bit of time at 70 soloing the old instances (BRS is really, really cool IMO), but mostly for nostalgic reasons relating to my guild; I'd wager that most people who started playing during TBC or later haven't set foot in the majority of the old level 60 instances, which is a shame. They're cool both story-wise and artwork-wise.

I mean hell, they went through the trouble of making the content, why not ensure it gets used?

The thing I love most about vanilla WoW was that it meshed together really nicely. In TBC the instances had this "yeah yeah, go into the smelly dungeon over there, kill the boss, take his shinies, and leave" feel to them, where the level 60 dungeons have this epicness about them due to the whole story of vanilla WoW. Sure, you'd go in for the loot, but going there also made sense from a story perspective, and not just from some obscure quest text.

One of the main problems with the idea is that they aren't as fast as the current instances. BRD, for instance -- as a Heroic instance, it'd take 4 or 5 hours to complete with a pug.

Current instances are designed to be blazed through. Old world instances weren't.

Even Caverns of Time: The Culling of Stratholme only has one-third of the original Stratholme layout in it. (Undead side and Live side are basically both gone -- we only have the middle.)
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

Have you guys though about, heroic VC? have you guys really thought about how much a Pita it would be to do that?
    The Jury is still out one if tea got buffed

Deadmines were one of the best designed old world instances.

Shadowfang Keep comes right behind it.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

I'd have to say I enjoyed ZF, Mara, and Ulda the most when i was leveling my main.

/sign.....I agree some of the old content would be to long and time consuming to say the least, but much of it is such good content that it should be seen more. I personally enjoyed pulling the entire room at th end of sm cath on my pally while I was lvling it at 40....

Quote Originally Posted by Norrath View Post
    One of the main problems with the idea is that they aren't as fast as the current instances. BRD, for instance -- as a Heroic instance, it'd take 4 or 5 hours to complete with a pug.

Current instances are designed to be blazed through. Old world instances weren't.

Even Caverns of Time: The Culling of Stratholme only has one-third of the original Stratholme layout in it. (Undead side and Live side are basically both gone -- we only have the middle.)
    I would offer that the reward = time commitment. a lv 80 BRD w/ badges would offer as many if not more badges than 10 man naxxramas.

It'd be a great way to spend an evening if you wanted badges without having to instance hop. I know when I'm badge farming, I lose 1~3 people between every instance.

A new BRD should most definitelly be a raid instance for 10- and 25-man raids. The stories there should be tightened up and I think there's a lot of potential if it is allowed to be on a weekly cooldown.

We'd also need some gates around the bar area, so we wouldn't have to disable the mole machines.
    Groingnasher of (EU) Quel'Thalas

I'd be down for this.../sign.

However, I'm already saying no to Heroic WC. That place can stay lowbie.

Heroic ZF, Heroic RFC, Heroic SFK, Heroic Mara, Heroic RFD...sign me up!

Specially RFD...I mean, the last boss talks about being the hand of the Lich King. It makes sense!

deadmines would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I'd approve a heroic deadmines as long as you give me a teleport to there thanks
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Heroic RFC and Hogger please.

I think it's because tanking wise everything is way to easily aoe tanked and dps'ed. Heroic tanking is pretty trivial after a few aoe faceplams.

but i do miss adventuring and strolling through 'longer instances'. seriously doing mara/brd and sunken temple during their time was a lot of fun because of the challenge factor.

ahhh....the good ol' days. i like the idea about arthas blowing azeroth up and completely changin the mechanics of the old game.

+ Reply to Thread