+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beware: Frost Aura Ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Penrif View Post
    They're looking for instances of more than 1 tick per second, which would surely be a bug, but that's not the change I've seen. In prior weeks' 10s, and this week's 25, the aura was doing damage every 2 seconds more often than not. In this week's 10 it was hitting every second, making the fight far more difficult. What's scary is that if 10s is the way it's meant to be, the fight is considerably harder than KT or Maly unless you stack the raid with frost res gear. It seemed quite spot on with the ticks happening every 2 seconds.

I base my above statement on having a group that killed Maly and 1-shot KT not be able to do Sapph until we swapped out one of the tanks (me) for a 4th healer (also me, gotta love friends who are loose with login info!), and even then it was a very narrow victory.
    If that is the case then do they consider the 25 man version bugged? All the posts I have read say the 25 man version is still every 2 seconds.

I would assume so.

My hunch here, and it's mildly educated, is that if the instance server you're on us under significant load, you'll see ticks every 2 seconds. If you're doing 10-man on off-times (which is when we do it), you'll see ticks every second, especially after 3.0.8a.

Sometimes lag works in the favor of the players =)

It seems that Sapphiron was bugged before and the new hard mode is how it was intended to be so I guess 25 man will be fixed shortly.

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Sapphiron / Frost Resist Broken?

I'm glad my guild was able to down him even if it was a pain. I wonder if this will make FrR gear mandatory until you severly outgear the fight?

I'm planning on leaning heavily on my guildmates to have at least 2-piece FrR for this fight in 10-man, and 25 when it's fixed. I don't see any way around it - the fight was moderately difficult to heal broken, doubling the damage makes it ridiculous, something needs to bring it down, and that something is FrR gear.

Good news - my hunch about it being as implemented by not as designed was correct =)

The fight has been hotfixed to be damage every 2 seconds:
    World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Sapphiron and Malygos Hotfixes

And the peasants rejoice!

I am just glad they admitted there was an issue. Glad they got one out of 10,000 bugs on Malygos fixed to

+ Reply to Thread