+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Treat on bosses

Treat on bosses

Hey iam a warrior tank, and i have a problem with my treat on bosses, haven a prob keeping it up.

Cant u make somekind of hightreat hit, when pulling.

have the marco revange/ heroicstrike

in before threat

just play more

I like when the bosses give me lollipops
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by Immergeil View Post
    Hey iam a warrior tank, and i have a problem with my treat on bosses, haven a prob keeping it up.

Cant u make somekind of hightreat hit, when pulling.

have the marco revange/ heroicstrike
    On the top, click guides -> Scroll down to warriors -> click on various warrior threat guides.

Boss threat is the easiest for a Warrior Tank to generate, primarily due to the huge dose of rage you are getting, unlike on trash where you may get rage starved or suffer from trigger happy dps.

As above look at the guides on the site, look at various tanks specs (eg look at MT's on your server in the higher guilds). Given how much tanking has been dumbed down with the revised standard of gaming and how boosted threat generation is, I'd suspect you need to have a look at your rotation, and possibly your spec to generate the grunt you need.

failing or in addition to that, slap Vigilence on your highest DPS/threat generator to poach 10% of their threat.
    Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

In my experience bosses don't give you treats until you kill them.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Quote Originally Posted by Inaara View Post
    In my experience bosses don't give you treats until you kill them.
    mmmmm purples

Epic lollipops

There are a couple of things you can do that cause you to lose threat on a boss.

Bad DPS, generally opening up too early.
    Bad luck, a few pyro crits from a mage early on, for example
    Bad tanking

The second you can't do much about except recover. Taunt it back, intervene, concussion blow-> shield slam -> revenge, whatever it takes to climb back above. This is rare, though, and more a factor of 1 and 3.

Oh, and you must be using something like Omen. If not, you're flying blind.

You rarely pull bosses. At least I don't. I usually charge them. There IS a high threat pull, though... weapon throw. It's pretty nifty, I use it regularly for trash. But it's not about the "pull". You don't have some magic pull that puts you at infinite threat and keeps you there. Use revenge where possible. The glyph helps (you do have the glyph, right, not just the macro?), but I don't have it and I have no problem holding bosses. Shield Slam all the time. HS if your rage is climbing (which it invariably does in boss fights). Vigilance on your top DPS (healers aren't the targets they used to be). Devastate is still useful, but more for the armor debuff than for threat these days. If you're still doing "pull -> devastate -> devastate -> heroic strike -> devastate" as your entire rotation that's why you're losing threat.

Shield Slam and Revenge are your friends. Bind them to your left and right mouse button.

=( left and right mouse button

wut.....

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

Sorry... that was my way of saying "make them real available and use them a lot". I have a weird sense of humour. Clearly don't ACTUALLY bind them to left and right mouse. That would make the entire game unplayable.

Heroic Throw THEN Charge (with warbringer, but thats why we stayed on the warrior wagon anyway)

Open with a shield slam. There is no attack that can pull aggro off you for the next 5 secs even if you afk that long if the shield slam is a crit. (which can put you at about 13k threat with the heroic throw, the dpsers will need to launch 17k dmg in that 5 seconds, and melee 16k but they will take 2 seconds to position their plump tight butts so its all cool) *this is assuming you are not too undergeared compared to your dps.

Seriously, open with a shield slam, then just hit whichever button that lights up in this order :
    Shield Slam > Revenge > Devastate(for the sunders so melees luv you) > Shockwave/Concussion Blow

Once you have 5 sunders, drop devastate for others until you have to refresh the debuff. Use heroic strike whenever you can.
    Watch your health and rage, always be prepared to pop last stand and shield wall.

Thread these abilities in for survivability :

Thunder Clap, Shield Block, Demo Shout

Have your taunt handy too, the cd is fast and is vital for some fights (H Gundrak baaad froggy)

Macros are not necessary to tank, but helps save screen property.
    Last edited by Juon; 02-01-2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: needed to be more clear on devastates.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitegold View Post
    Sorry... that was my way of saying "make them real available and use them a lot". I have a weird sense of humour. Clearly don't ACTUALLY bind them to left and right mouse. That would make the entire game unplayable.
    =)

+ Reply to Thread