+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why reduce our (prot war) already low utility?

Why reduce our (prot war) already low utility?

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I cannot understand the reasoning (if there is any) behind not allowing a warrior to spell reflect Kel'Thuzad's Frost Bolts.

Does anyone know a good reason behind it?

It's always been this way. Certain bosses ignore certain abilities. It's not like tanking Kel'Thuzad is hard for any class. Warriors can do it as well as the others. Not sure why you think protection warriors are behind or anything. It's not a race, and all four tank classes can do the job.

Bring the player, not the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompya View Post
    Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I cannot understand the reasoning (if there is any) behind not allowing a warrior to spell reflect Kel'Thuzad's Frost Bolts.

Does anyone know a good reason behind it?
    Blizzard's ideal from the outset with this expansion was to try and equalise the tanks. They've attempted to make all tank classes viable for every encounter. Just because we can't spell reflect does not mean we don't have an edge over the other classes, out of all the tanks we have the most reliable interrupt (DK's are on par), which still makes us the ideal tank for this fight.

yeah, why can't mages polymorph bosses...

sorry for the rudeness but yeah there is some balancing going on v(^_^) can't spell reflect about 15k damage every 10 seconds or else you'd be outdpsing everyone

almost outdpsing

and those were 3 seperate posts why?

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

because im lazy to press the edit button

obviously going for the "over 9000!" posts achievement.

I don't mean to complain that I am feeling "left behind" other tanks or anything like that, sorry if that was the impression caused.

What I am trying to understand is the reasoning behind not allowing me to use one ability that, if allowed, would not be unbalancing at all.

I just got the impression may have been overlooked by the devs.

There are encounters where reflected spells does not deal the effect on the bosses.

However, if warriors could be even partially immune to the frostbolts when Spell reflect is up, it will make warriors distinctively a "magic tank", giving warriors the edge they need to get close to the status of the hero tank class or the favored tank class.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompya View Post
    What I am trying to understand is the reasoning behind not allowing me to use one ability that, if allowed, would not be unbalancing at all.
    Because it would be completely unbalancing.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

A warrior tank being able to handle the frostbolts by himself by cycling spell reflect and shield bash while increasing his dps by over 1k doesn't sound unbalanced to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hroth View Post
    A warrior tank being able to handle the frostbolts by himself by cycling spell reflect and shield bash while increasing his dps by over 1k doesn't sound unbalanced to you?
    I think this would be awesome, but totally unbalanced. As it stands the best tanks for KT are warriors and DK's due to their ability to interrupt regularly.

Somehow I feel like us Deathknights have an advantage over warriors in some fights that involve massive magic damage. All because of Anti-magic shell, and it's 45 second cooldown.

I love this ability for:

1. the 4 horsemen fight while holding Thane and taking no damage from meteor
    2. taking no damage from Heigan's dance floor if you miss the beat
    3. taking any dragon's breath without damage
    4. messed up polarity switches with thaddeus
    5. eating loken's novas on heroic

AMS, along with acclimation and frost aura, really gives you great magic damage mitigation.

Can't a DK use anti-magic shell on tanks that aren't that DK?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakki View Post
    Can't a DK use anti-magic shell on tanks that aren't that DK?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    AMS, along with acclimation and frost aura, really gives you great magic damage mitigation.
    Erm, i just wanted to say that Acclimation is a total crap talent since it procs *after* you take damage (so would be useless in 90% of the times), and Frost Aura doesn't stack with paladin auras nor mark of the wild.

You really chose the wrong talents to consider "good".
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

All classes have abilities that dont work on bosses; the game would be far too easy otherwise. Why cant a druid hiberate Sartharion? why cant a priest shackle grobbulus... Should be pretty obvious why not.

Even though everyone is getting on this guys case I would like to see bosses where spell reflect is usable for something. In bt there were 2 bosses where spell reflect was basically a requirement for certain jobs. Obviously with the current design goals I wouldnt expect to see anything like that but I would like to see a fight where spell reflect or beserker rage for some type of instant cast fear would be advantageous in an encounter. Those were the hardest challenges most war tanks had in bc and not having encounters like that takes the flavor out of the game. It was fun to see wars that couldnt stance dance archi fear and such cause it seperated based on skill a little bit more. Though like I said they couldnt do something like that but something where these previously raid breaking abilities could be incorporated at least as a small advantage sometimes would be nice. Its not like small advantages on certain fights arent already enjoyed by some tank classes. Also the extra challenge of using abilities like that would be nice.

+ Reply to Thread