+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red sword vs slayer of lifeless?

Red sword vs slayer of lifeless?

So i have the red sword of courage and just won the slayer of lifeless in 10 man nax. they are very similliar in stats except i gain more dodge with slayer but i lose hit and defense goes down so i lose some avoidance even tho im over capped. Heres my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory

which one should i use?

Slayer

I wouldn't just keep one weapon that you use all the time. Since the courage has hit, it will in the long run increase your TPS, if you see on some fights you have problems with threat, swap to your courage. If your healers are having problems keeping you up on a certain fight, use slayer. Slayer is actually .10 faster than courage, but i believe the extra hit on courage in the long run is more TPS.

Vendor your Red Sword. Use Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataztrophe View Post
    Vendor your Red Sword. Use Slayer.
    lol slayer looks uber dumb tho. Red sword is like one of the all time coolest looking wow tank swords. too bad it was a measly heroic sword. (not that i would make my gear decisions on looks by any means :P)
    Altho i think i will keep it like purplz says and use it in different scenarios. ty for the responses

btw, kataztrophe, i ran nax with u once in a pug group. didnt know anyone from my server used this site. hows it hangin lol

So after 15 runs of H UP I finally get my Red Sword. And then the next night Slayer drops and I win the roll. So, what do I do?! I'm keeping Red Sword for my threat set with Titanium Weapon Chain + the high hit rating, and Slayer for my avoidance set, with +26 agil and the +dodge on Slayer. Not sure if that's best but after all that effort I'm not just gonna vendor Red Sword :P

Quote Originally Posted by velouriam View Post
    lol slayer looks uber dumb tho. Red sword is like one of the all time coolest looking wow tank swords. too bad it was a measly heroic sword. (not that i would make my gear decisions on looks by any means :P)
    Altho i think i will keep it like purplz says and use it in different scenarios. ty for the responses

btw, kataztrophe, i ran nax with u once in a pug group. didnt know anyone from my server used this site. hows it hangin lol
    Hey I remember you man. Yup, I been checking out this site for about a year and some change but didn't really post till LK. Haven't seen anyone else from BF in that time.

Oh yea and I agree. Red Sword does look 10 x's cooler then SOTL. WTB a Last Laugh!
    Last edited by Kataztrophe; 01-31-2009 at 02:57 AM.

Slayer's higher avoidance and faster swing make it really nice for high rage fights. IE bosses who are beating the crap out of you .

It's probably a marginal difference, but since you have both that's how I'd look at it.

PS. Slayer of the Lifeless is a sweet looking sword

definitely keep both and use them in different situations for different sets. also, as you upgrade your gear you might find yourself needing the extra defense on the red sword from time to time.

if you have both DW ftw...shields are for wussies

on a quick side note, i was watching the wow south park episode and saw the sword of a thousand truths and was like "wtf! thats the slayer of the lifeless!" Its completly identical lol so i guess this means im no longer a noob :P

on a quick side note, i was watching the wow south park episode and saw the sword of a thousand truths and was like "wtf! thats the slayer of the lifeless!" Its completly identical lol so i guess this means im no longer a noob :P
    The sword model they used in that South Park episode was actually The Hungering Cold - Item - World of Warcraft. They reused the graphic for the Slayer of the Lifeless
    Why use big words when a diminutive alternative will suffice?
    http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/im...nnaxxramas.jpg

I have both and I much prefer slayer of the lifeless.. Although both look equally cool I am a big fan of swords that go on your back and an even bigger fan of swords with the exact same model as frostmourne... (QQ?)
    BTW why is that? If I got a kara sword that looked like the warglaives i'd have murdered someone.

that and it says fortold by salzman on the bottom of it...

"how do you kill one which has no life.. "

"who fortold this prophecy?
    salzman.. he's from accounting. "

i have both as well, and prefer to use the slayer threat is fine for me, and the extra advoidence helps more.. even thou i lose like 11hp.. plus i like ballin around with the sword of 1000 truf's

This seems like the old Sun Eater vs King's Defender type situation from tbc. Definetly keep both since one has more avoidance whereas other is better for threat.

You're killing me. I can't get either of these swords to drop. I do Pinnacle just about every day and Naxx every week. I'm still sporting the Infantry Assault Blade. Yesterday I took this mage with me to Pinnacle that swore the Red Sword ALWAYS drops when he runs it. He bet me 20 gold that it would drop. So at least I made 20 gold for that run.

Two pally tanks in my guild both got the Red Sword on their first runs of Pinnacle. No fair. I've run it at least 15 times now. Cleared 10 man Naxx 6 times. QQQ cry cry cry

there

I feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Delerious View Post
    This seems like the old Sun Eater vs King's Defender type situation from tbc. Definetly keep both since one has more avoidance whereas other is better for threat.
    I don't think that's accurate. This really is all about the Slayer. It's got more avoidance thus more survivability and being 0.1 faster, it's got far superior threat/dps. I'm all for multiple sets so that you can customize your toon properly given the situation, but ultimately you're safe to vendor the Red Sword in this case. The Slayer is superior.

I looked more closely at the weapon stats and it seems your right. The Red Sword only has .2% more hit and 2 def in its favour, whereas the Slayer has another .66% dodge as well. Disregard what I said above.

Slayer is faster and the disparity between the stats is not enough to cancel out the faster swing speed. Slayer of the lifeless is superiour.

EDIT: Also looks cooler
    Last edited by Rhyseh; 02-02-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Slayer displays on your back. End of debate.
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

+ Reply to Thread