+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can i dw tank

Can i dw tank

So i just picked up slayer of the lifeless tonight, and i have mats for titansteel bonecrusher. Was wondering that if i switch my gems around to grab some more expertise, can i go dw tank spec? Here is my armory link. Any suggestions if i can do, suggestions how, hell even saying 'no' if i can't, as i understand my gear isn't that awesome yet. Thanks.

It has nothing to do with your gear. I don't yet understand the concept but you'll go in DW tanking and miss most of the time and get parried a lot unless your hit capped. But remember you gotta keep def cap too. These 2 are not possible if you are a good tank.
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

The parry issue isn't a very big concern for me as a DK tank. The bigger concern is that you miss out Stoneskin Gargoyle Run Enchant. This enchant provides roughly 100 defense rating which allows DKs to gem for stamina and avoidance instead of defense rating. This is why 2 handed tanks have much better tank stats than DW tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Runes View Post
    The parry issue isn't a very big concern for me as a DK tank. The bigger concern is that you miss out Stoneskin Gargoyle Run Enchant. This enchant provides roughly 100 defense rating which allows DKs to gem for stamina and avoidance instead of defense rating. This is why 2 handed tanks have much better tank stats than DW tanks.
    But remember that if you dw, you usally dw two tanking weapons. This coupled with the +def sigil, and the need to the new rune enchant isn't as big...

Yes, you can. But why would you? Its doable, but subpar to 2h tanking.

+ Reply to Thread