+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Taunt change in 3.0.8a?

Warrior Taunt change in 3.0.8a?

Has anyone else noticed on certain bosses since the new patch came out that for some reason if you taunt, you can't keep threat even if you have a higher TPS output?

I particularly have seen a huge issue on Gluth where I taunt off of the Pally tank I normally run with, and without her even doing much of anything, she's blowing by me on threat.

I also seemed to have this issue too in VoA as well. Once I taunted after the first lunge, it seemed as if I couldn't keep on top of the threat meter, even going all-out at 5k TPS.

Is it just me or did something get messed up when they messed with taunt?
    (5/13/53) - Awesome pre-raid AOE tank spec for instances

Lots of posts everywhere on this. Something nasty has happened to warrior threat since the patch and noone's quite sure what yet. My Palatank friend did the same to me in Naxx 25 the last 2 nights - putting out about double my threat without any effort, even if I was first on a mob with a full rage bar.

Paladins are experiencing the same thing. I see it happen every so often. Not sure what the cause is, but for some reason, taunt doesn't always push my threat up to the highest or the person holding aggro, though it doesn't resist either cause the target is forced to attack me for a few seconds.

Yeah haven't noticed it myself, but on one of our offtanks tried taunting a mob like 4 times, and it would only hit him while taunt lasted, he was not put to the same threat level as the dps. Seems to be a bug.

i ran naxx10 with 2 warriors and i was noticing both our threat seemed a little low .. didnt affect the raid overly much because it was 2 warriros but there is def something wrong with our threat, noticed it in sarth25 though with the other tanks.

I noticed some really odd stuff about Taunt during Sarth3D last night... we had a Holy Paladin (without RF up) at Sarth healing the MT, quite a ways away--it was quite likely for him to occassionally pull aggro from Lava Spawns at the start which I would simply taunt over.

However, there were a few bizzare cases where the Lava Spawn went back to the Paladin despite me having hit it solidly for some time.

In fact, there was a really strange case where I taunted it over into an AoE zone and then it went back to the Paladin healer after some seconds even though the add was down to about 10% HP at that point. There is absolutely no way a healer on the other side of the room should be even remotely close to the top of the threatlist in that condition.

Threat is screwed right now for sure - our druid tank is having major problems, and locks and hunters were pulling aggro VERY easily from our tank team last night in HC Naxx where before they've always lead by a huge margin - the tanks last night were 2 prot warriors and a druid - the locks and hunters had to drop aggro a number of times.

Has any one posted it on the bug forums? It would be nice to get the devs to at least look at it.

I tossed up a thread in the bug report forum.

It would be nice if you guys could swing by there and add your $0.02.

BUG REPORT THREAD
    (5/13/53) - Awesome pre-raid AOE tank spec for instances

Can you retitle it so that it reflects both warriors and pallies prety please? (it may also affect druids/DK's, but haven't heard from them)

Strange. Since patch, my warrior seems to have better glue than before. Have not observed low threat issues.

He is talking more about taunt issues than threat issues in general

See the thread in General. I am having zero taunt issues, too. Works same as it always has for me, including its limitations that have always been there.

I first noticed this last night while tanking some heroics. Didn't notice too much in naxx earlier this week, but I was OT. Mobs and bosses especially would go after the rogue, even though he wasn't even 2nd on the threat list. Taunt would sporadically not work at all, or it would go right back to the other people in my party. Apparently a DK in guild was having similar issues with taunting as well.
    Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Most noticably on Gluth, happens that we have to taunt 3-4times in a row before "it takes". OptiTaunt addon don't react to it as a resisted taunt so I assume it's just bugged.

I was having the exact same problem in our 25 man naxx run. On Faerlina, we didn't get her enrage off fast enough and the MT went down. I charge in and taunt then shield slam but absolutely nothing happened. She turned to me for a sec and then went right back to whatever dps she was beating on. Then we had threat issues during the initial pull on Patchwerk.

I don't remember having any problems in the 10 man I cleared earlier in the week, might be a 25 man only problem.

I recall having the same issues on Gluth (normal naxx). At first I suspected that my taunt wasn't landing because i'm not hit capped, but then again the guy who was MT had lower hit rating and his taunts were landing with no issues. It was rather irritating....

I think its not naxx related issue only, since patch when i lose aggro from a mob i have to taunt and stick with it so i can generate the threat necessary to continue with the aggro, thing that never happened to me before.

I noted this on another thread but I will reiterate it here. Tanked 25-man Arch last night and taunt would not send me to the top of the threat list. I would hit it and nothing would happen. Usually it pops me right to the top and gives me three seconds to establish aggro, Not so last night, I would hit it and no jump so I would have to fight my way to the top of the threat list to regain aggro. Makes for an interesting fight.

are you sure you didn't... miss your taunt?

the cloud that Arch drops gives you a 50% chance to miss, and since taunt is based off of your hit chance, you know have a 58% chance - your hit% chance to miss and do nothing.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread