+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Taunt change

Quote Originally Posted by jere View Post
    Both my RD and HoR have been failing in the manner described, though not all the time. Previous to this patch, it was working fine. What I have noticed after the patch is that even though I get the mobs attention for 3 secs, I sometimes don't actually move anywhere near the top of the threat list. Sometimes it works fine though. It seems intermittent.
    My RD has been intermittantly failing since 3.0.3 hit. Lasting maybe 0.5 seconds at best on one mob and it seems to fail to provide any threat vs that mob. It isn't a resist as that mob does target me for 0.5 seconds. usually results in an instant wipe when it happens so I haven't had a chance to check threat levels on it yet. HoR hasn't failed yet but this is a blizzard product we're talkin' about here. I petitioned a GM about it shortly after 3.0.3 and they said that it "appeared to be working fine".

I am pretty sure it is bugged in some form. It doesn't always fail, but when it does, it forces the 3 second "mocking blow" style debuff, but never adjusts threat levels (or doesn't move all the way up sometimes as well). Other times, it works fine and sets your threat at 100% of the current threat target and gives you aggro. I am not sure what the disconnect is exactly. You can definitely see it on Razuveous adds, but it also happens on trash and has even done it on Gluth a few times as well.
    Oh I believe you, I've just been taking a break, so I haven't experienced it myself.

If you guys are saying it's bugged - it's bugged!

I am pretty sure it is bugged in some form. It doesn't always fail, but when it does, it forces the 3 second "mocking blow" style debuff, but never adjusts threat levels (or doesn't move all the way up sometimes as well). Other times, it works fine and sets your threat at 100% of the current threat target and gives you aggro. I am not sure what the disconnect is exactly. You can definitely see it on Razuveous adds, but it also happens on trash and has even done it on Gluth a few times as well.
    I have seen this for sure on Razuveous understudies. One of them got loose on us, and was headed for a healer; I taunted, hit him with shield slam, and he ran back to the healer. This happened three or four times in a row; taunt, high aggro move, and then he runs back to the healer. I was watching the threat meter after the first couple tries, and it was definitely acting wonky.

These are the only mobs that I've seen it happen with, so I think maybe there's something going on there related to their aggro table / mind control / who knows.

Well I can for sure say that the MC boss is one that I did see this on but it was really strange cuz it happen to one that wasn’t MC and I couldn’t get the OT target to stick to me. Also was noticing it on gloth as well. Any ways I am glad to see that I am not the only one thinking this is bugged. Call me crazy but when things stick too well to a tank and the mob is tuantable then it is an issue of a bug being in place. So as for now the only thing I can say is to make basic threat for any tank switching bosses and hope to they fix it soon. But this does not help were if we dont taunt for highest threat it kinda limits the dps ability to lay into a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by kaegan View Post
    These are the only mobs that I've seen it happen with, so I think maybe there's something going on there related to their aggro table / mind control / who knows.
    I have seen it in other scenarios as well, so I am not sure what the actual issue is. The Razuveous adds are just the most common instances.

I have nothing to add to this conversation other than to mention that I haven't experienced any bugs with Taunt. Taunt + Shield Slam = mob on me for good.

More specific info on which situations you see this bugs in would be interesting to know, though!

Taunt permanently raises your threat level to 100%, putting you EVEN with the previously highest threat. The effect of taunt ends at that point, there is no 'duration' where the mob continues to attack you because you taunted it, that is Mocking Blow. The mob however will switch targets again when threat exceeds 110%. What this means is that early in fights, that is low threat totals, 10% is a very small number and it is very easy for dps to pull them back off you.

Taunts can miss just like any other attack, additional Hit ensures that your taunt will miss less. On taunt fights such as Gluth, you'll see this more often as it is fairly important the taunts land. In such cases I hit Mocking blow then taunt again when the cool down is up.

Edit: Of course this applies only to mobs that don't 'wonk' with their tables

Quote Originally Posted by Argamasilla View Post
    Taunt permanently raises your threat level to 100%, putting you EVEN with the previously highest threat. The effect of taunt ends at that point, there is no 'duration' where the mob continues to attack you because you taunted it, that is Mocking Blow. The mob however will switch targets again when threat exceeds 110%. What this means is that early in fights, that is low threat totals, 10% is a very small number and it is very easy for dps to pull them back off you.

Taunts can miss just like any other attack, additional Hit ensures that your taunt will miss less. On taunt fights such as Gluth, you'll see this more often as it is fairly important the taunts land. In such cases I hit Mocking blow then taunt again when the cool down is up.

Edit: Of course this applies only to mobs that don't 'wonk' with their tables
    Actually, taunt forces the enemy to attack you just like mocking blow does. It just happens to also give you the phat threat.

Indeed, taunt forces the enemy to attack you for 3 seconds in addition to what it does to your threat (if it isn't resisted/immune)

Taunt has been inconsistently buggy since patch in many occurrences, have seen it to be most buggy with the pallys new taunt.

Taunt can be resisted.

3 seconds of forced attack too, cool.

That would make the tool-tip incorrect then when it says it "has no effect on mobs already attacking you"? Because it would have an effect for the 3 seconds of making the mob stick?

Quote Originally Posted by kaegan View Post
    I have seen this for sure on Razuveous understudies. One of them got loose on us, and was headed for a healer; I taunted, hit him with shield slam, and he ran back to the healer. This happened three or four times in a row; taunt, high aggro move, and then he runs back to the healer. I was watching the threat meter after the first couple tries, and it was definitely acting wonky.

This is the same issue I'm seeing. What I think COULD be the issue is that healers are generating threat on mobs while they are MC'd, but its not counting towards threat properly and so it's not being affected by taunt... I guess. I also haven't had any issues on any other mobs.

Argamasilla, Jere, and Sinapse are correct, the other misleading and wrong posts in this thread should be purged or edited because they're just so unbelievably inaccurate.

Razuvious adds have had awkward behaviour since Beta, I bug reported it. Nothing changed, but the only thing I can think of is it's a scenario where healers can put out ridiculous TPS numbers due to throughput.

Example, paladin healer landing 16k holy light crits every 1.5 seconds. That's 8000 threat every 1.5 seconds, or 5333 TPS. If two mobs are MC'd and two are tankable, that's 2600 TPS to the two mobs (healing threat is divided evenly). Now, I too have experienced a taunt + shield slam + shockwave combo or something on the mobs and they eventually turn off me, but... I haven't had that happen when I continue to dump threat in to the mobs. I avoid sundering them, so I generally just spam cleave, TC, etc while keeping Raz debuffed.

Actually the TPS will be lower still because there's always Razuvious up at least, splitting healing threat to him too. 5333/3 = 1777. Eh. Possible still, but I dunno.

I think it's just standard healing threat pulling them off, cause it only ever goes to healers, and healers can generate obscene HP/S and thus TPS on Razuvious.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Grimace View Post
    Taunt can be resisted.
    I am aware of that. However, when it resists, you don't get the "attack me for 3 seconds" debuff. In the situations I have encountered, I still get that debuff and there is no resist in the log

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Razuvious adds have had awkward behaviour since Beta, I bug reported it. Nothing changed, but the only thing I can think of is it's a scenario where healers can put out ridiculous TPS numbers due to throughput.
    Yeah, the Razuvious adds are the biggest offenders, but it also happens in various other places. I have had it happen on Sartharion (I taunt adds off of people while tanking), Gluth, and various trash pulls as well. I actually have watched omen and while the debuff went up, my threat never moved in relation to other people. Something seems off.

It sounds a bit as if taunts were now two spells in one, each one of which can miss individually. If that is the case, it should (or could) be equally possible to miss the taunt but get 100% threat regardless. Has anyone noticed such behaviour?
    I'm sure to watch my Omen very closely on my next few dozen taunts... haven't noticed the bug as of yet, but that may just be oversight on my part, too.

Yeah, it could very well be that the invisible aura which actually bumps the threat up is now having a broken chance to be resisted even if the primary spell is not.

I've seen this happening quite a number of times since the patch, and it's definitely behavior I have not observed prior.

Do not continue to post in this thread without clear evidence or the thread will be closed until someone comes up with some.

I've seen zero evidence that Taunt has changed. The majority of encounters being discussed here have clear reasons (i.e. Gluth will turn back early on b/c it's still very easy to overcome Threat threshold since a Taunt naturally comes early, Razuvious has special mechanics, etc.). Manbear and I run taunt rotations on several bosses and, in the last few days, have probably logged over 300 taunts, each time getting exactly the result we're expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrazyman View Post
    Been noticing it on boss fights switching in 4 horseman and on Gluth taunt not sticking. Anyone else been noticing this?
    If Four Horsemen operate how they did in 40-mans, each Mark is a 50% Threat reduction on everyone hit by it. It has no practical impact on the encounter but it's something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by greendragonempire View Post
    I'm sorry, but lets get this straight, taunt never permanently increased your threat. If you are thinking of 4H it is a special fight where a taunt will reset the aggro table for that boss.
    Taunt does permanently increase your Threat to the amount of the person you're taunting off.

+ Reply to Thread