+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost Tank Build. Please Help

Frost Tank Build. Please Help

Hi i have been playing around with builds for a month now and would like to submit this one for suggestions / critique. please feel free to comment about my build with suggestions. i will not take offense in any way. constructive criticism is what i am here for. thank you for your time and be gentle. :)

Frost 5/50/16 The World of Warcraft Armory

dont make fun of me for not maxing out BSing yet either :D

<3 Deathguru.

Well since you won't take offense in any way.... it's terrible. Please use the search bar to find threads about frost tanking as it has been discussed at length.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

As a general rule, I don't really like frost aura or acclimation.

Frost aura doesn't stack with other resistance buffs, such as Gift of the Wild or a paladin's aura.

Acclimation will only really stack up on fights like Gothik and Saph where you're getting spammed by the same school.

You're really hurting your threat by not taking frost strike. It's a much better RP dump than DC, and if you spec chill of the grave, you'll have a ton of RP to throw around.

You can probably find a better use for the points in icy talons or improved icy talons, too, unless your raid really needs you to bring that buff.

If you have enough hit on your gear that you don't need full virulence, that's great, but I don't see it on your gear. That extra 1% hit will help your threat more than 1% strength; most of your threat in a build like this comes from HB.

Finishing out Tundra Stalker will help your TPS too.

TL;DR: get frost strike, max out virulence, and try to max out tundra stalker. I'd give something a little more like this a try if your raid really needs the imp icy talons. If you feel like you need the extra tanking CD, pull a point out of tundra stalker and drop it into unbreakable armor. I found as frost that most of the time IBF was plenty, <3 my healers.

Honestly, the guy above me's right. I tried to work with the general theme of what it seemed like you valued, but really, just do a search.
    Last edited by Eemo; 01-29-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: new info

Looking at your build, let me guess... your clipping your diseases, are running low on RP and wondering why your threat is low?

These are just personal opinions on some of the talents you have picked up.

Annihilation 3/3 without question - Obliterate is the Bread and Butter of a 2H frost build and you don't want to be removing your diseases everytime you use it.

Frost Aura is very mediocre at best - It doesn't stack with druid/shaman/hunter/priest buffs.

Chill of the Grave - Gives you lots of extra rp (which is needed as frost)

Frost Strike (1/1) - As a frost tank this is and rune strike are your RP dump... not deathcoil

Virulence - pretty weak for a 2H frost DK tank

Morbidity - only get use out of half the ability as a frost DK tank

Shadow of Death - too far down the unholy tree for a frost DK to go for 2% sta and str

Bladed Armor - HUGE AP gain from this ability considering it scales with frost presence as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eemo View Post

If you have enough hit on your gear that you don't need full virulence, that's great, but I don't see it on your gear. That extra 1% hit will help your threat more than 1% strength; most of your threat in a build like this comes from HB.

Wrong, wrong, wrong Virulence is a waste for DK tank with Death's Bite... the only time our friend should be hitting HB is when he proc's rime

ah, didn't check out what weapon he had.

assumed from the spec he was just starting out.

understandable ...

suggestions

your rotation should be

IT,PS,BS,BS, OBL, OBL, OBL ... When you proc KM or have 60+ RP frost strike, When you proc Rime HB (unless you have KM proc'd in which case you FS before your HB)

Your spec, look at the variety of frost specs in the DK spec thread in the "Theory" tab and a pick one that apply's best to your situation.

+ Reply to Thread