+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low on TPS?

Low on TPS?

I seem to be having a hard time with AoE tanking and maintaining threat on multiple trash mobs in some Heroic instances. I feel that my lack of threat gen could be either my gear or my rotation. I am not yet raiding, and have just started attempts at the more challenging Heroic instances. I am wondering if there are any gaping holes in my gear that would be causing my hard time with AoE tanking and threat gen on multiple trash mobs. Thanks

Armory Link

Gear looks fine for starting heroics. I would get rid of all of your Parry/Stamina gems though. They're just a waste of itemization... go with Dodge or Expertise.

If you're struggling with multiple mobs, you're probably soloing using Shockwave and Thunder Clap to tank them. You've gotta do both of those as well as tab through them all and hit them with Shield Slams, Revenges and Concussion Blows whenever possible. Remember Devastate is your lowest threat move, so if you're spamming it, you're probably not even close to doing the threat you are capable of. Also, if you've got excess rage, you should be Cleaving whenever possible.

Thanks for the advice...I'm gonna swap my gems.

As far as trash mobs go, I'll HT/Charge - TC - SW - then SS, HS, Rev, Cleave...however I don't tab through the targets which is something I'll definitely start doing. Great advice, thanks again!

Usually select the back mob in a pack, charge, hit TC before you finish your charge, rotate 180 degrees, SW, use two GCDs (shield slam, etc) preferable on different targets, TC again.

+ Reply to Thread