+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toughness ignoring bonus armor

Toughness ignoring bonus armor

In reference to the patch notes for 3.0.8:

Bonus Armor: The mechanics for items with bonus armor on them has changed (any cloth, leather, mail, or plate items with extra armor, or any other items with any armor). Bonus armor beyond the base armor of an item will no longer be multiplied by any talents or by the bonuses of Bear Form, Dire Bear Form, or Frost Presence.

It appears that both the warrior talent Toughness and the bonus from the metagem Austere Earthsiege Diamond are ignoring bonus armor from items as well. Is this as intended or a bug?

i got a blue response from GC that said the meta would affect everything, but that was 3 months ago so who knows. lemmie try to find it.

ah yes the infamous hunter changes GC title mistake thread...

MMO-Champion BlueTracker - Upcoming Hunter Changes, Part III

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Upcoming Feral Changes, Part III\\

he states 3 separate times that ALL ARMOR will be affected by the meta, i think they realized even that would be too powerful i would gain about 500 more armor if that were still the case.
    Last edited by Darksend; 01-29-2009 at 08:46 AM.

I just got a helm with a meta socket in it last night (FINALLY!! Sadly it is a pvp helm, but its the best I can do right now).

Anyway, I picked up the meta gem and as far as I can tell, it is not multiplying bonus armor. I'm rather annoyed about it given those threads you linked. They were pretty clear that it was supposed to work on all items regardless. Bah.

I wonder if this will be fixed?
    Taur (80 feral druid), Chanu (70 shaman, waiting for his turn to level), Sareu (new favorite alt, lowbie prot warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    he states 3 separate times that ALL ARMOR will be affected by the meta, i think they realized even that would be too powerful i would gain about 500 more armor if that were still the case.
    I was going to ask you if you had 25000 armor on your necks, rings and trinkets, but then I noticed that you were a Druid. Nevermind...
    [18:19:08] [R] [80:Neuter:1]: if bush can dodge a shoe, you can dodge the wall

350 neck, 490 and 448 on rings, 490 on cape - 154 (the base ilvl armor of a 213 cape) gives 336, 714 on my staff, 850 if i was still using defenders code

that adds up to 3188*.02= an extra 63 armor, that seems kinda low. for some reason i was thinking the meta was 10% because of thick hide.

thick hide was changed to say cloth and leather only but toughness has no limitation saying it does not affect rings trinkets capes and necks.

wierd

+ Reply to Thread