+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minor Disappointment

Minor Disappointment

I feel a little underwhelmed by Warrior's Minor Glyphs.

Warrior Glyphs - Items - World of Warcraft

Bloodrage is nice enough I guess, and I quite enjoy that extra charge length, though i could easily do without it.

Anyone else think we could do with something a little better?

Any suggestions?

Off the top of my head I reckon a +threat to TC would be a nice option.
    Better Plate than Leather.
    www.maim.cc

Thunder clap and bloodrage, I guess. On my side the only one to look at is the 1% damage against undead one O.o

Battle
    Charge (very handy with warbringer)
    thunderclap

These all seem pretty solid to me.

Glyph of Thunderclap is so good it could have been a major.
    Charge is great as well. There isn't a great 3rd option so I just use battle.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Sadly, Warriors have some of the best minor glyphs in the game.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I agree with Lore here. My Druid would be thrilled to have minor glyphs that good.

BUT, you had nothing, now you got something. I'd say it's a huge improvement in that sense, and the minors are exactly that. Minor. Even where majors are concerned Warriors don't exactly got the short stick.

Yeah, you really should look at some of the other class' minor glyphs. Warriors actually did pretty well (although I think some of the majors could have been minors, that's probably just being greedy).

I don't think Glyphs are all that impressive for anybody right now. There are a few solid ones for some classes, a number of mediocre-to-bad ones for everybody, and a handful where you wonder why anyone would glyph something that actually just makes a given skill worse.

It's like their first try at the talent trees - they got it right in some places and very, very wrong in a lot of others. Compare the early iterations of the trees from vanilla WoW with what we've got now and the difference is astounding.

Hopefully with 3.1 and beyond we see new additional glyphs and revised current glyphs that provide a wider variety of interesting options.

As long as we have Glyph of Blocking as a Major, Warriors have nothing to complain about Glyph-Wise.

I have read a few and see what you mean. We have done quite well I suppose it's a safety thing - the devs suspect they might not balance well, so minimise the potential advantage.

Either way thanks for repsonses.
    Better Plate than Leather.
    www.maim.cc

The devs also mentioned that they didn't want to have any glyphs for the new abilites. Like shockwave, ect. So this might be false hope, but there's always the possiblity that we'll get more glyphs in the future.

As above Battle (filler) TC & charge are pretty decent. However the lack of a third one is pretty poor for tanks. 'Glyph of Improved rage generation because Blizzard fooked up itemization' would be pretty tasty, but that's probably just me being snide.

Pity as mentioned above that many majors are pretty so-so, but hope fully T8 will drop something useful to use as a filler, especially if threat/healing becomes a challenge again.
    Former TBC/LK Tank
    Waiting for Dunmail Jnr to sleep to enable online gaming.

Glyph of TC is so awesome that I'd really really hate for it to be a major glyph >.>

Charge is also awesome.
    "I played hard to avoid mistakes, but now I can play hard to capitalize on opportunities." -Arold, on the 3.0 Protection Warrior.

Minor glyphs are supposed to be minor.

Even Major Glyphs aren't supposed to be game-breaking good. The fact you can take some of the sillier or less useful minor glyphs (like druids with swim speed) is kind of fun. Although Thunder Clap's glyph is extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    The devs also mentioned that they didn't want to have any glyphs for the new abilites. Like shockwave, ect. So this might be false hope, but there's always the possiblity that we'll get more glyphs in the future.
    They actually said they didn't want glyphs for the new abilities at first (and have already done a couple for some classes, shaman comes to mind). They're definitely adding more glyphs as they go.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

+ Reply to Thread