+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Block cap + Pure avoidance macros

Block is not Avoidance, there's a reason why the macro says "Avoidance+Block". Different beasts, don't use wrong terminology, it ends up biting you in the butt later on.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Yes, I realize block =/= avoidance (unless it's a full block) I just used that term because I didn't know what to call the score that is produced by the macro.

Back to my question that was never really asked though, can anyone tell me if they see any problems with using a block setup for ICC runs as opposed to the cookie-cutter stam stacking setup? I have two goals as a Prot Warrior, put out as much damage as I can while taking the least amount of damage I can. Avoidance is obviously the best way to go for taking the least amount of damage, but with avoidance you still need to make sure you aren't gonna get a couple unlucky rolls in a row that end up with you dead in a few seconds. I'm under the impression a block setup with avoidance would allow you to reduce damage intake while still having enough EH to not get roflstomped.

I'm planning on starting work on a cookie-cutter set as well just to appease people with big numbers in the GS and HP areas, but I'm going to be MTing for my guild and I want to be as efficient as possible. Since you guys are the experts I figured I'd get a second opinion. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by orcstar View Post

6) Deathknights with Stoneskin Gargoyle. Props to Liudeath for starting to get this figured. If you have the 3% from talents, change the 6 to a 9. If you're a night elf, add 1 more to that (so it's 7 or 10):
    I don't know if this has been answered yet or not...

For the one handed defense rune.. do I change the 6 to a 5.5?

Oh.. and one more thing.. isn't that 1% miss for Stoneskin Gargoyle subject to diminishing returns too?

The contributions from SSG and Nerubian Carapace are not subject to diminishing returns. SSG gives you 1% Dodge, 1% Parry, and 1% Miss (3% avoidance total) regardless of gear and not affecting your other stats. Nerub Carp (mm fish) gives you 0.5% of each (1.5% total) per weapon. Designed to be conveniently half. =)
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

I could be compeltely missing it with all the major changes in 4.01, but are there any updated macros or mechanisms to calculate the effective avoidance?

Thanx in advance

well you no longer have defense, which means you can't increase your miss chance, so it is literally:

5% base miss + your dodge on your char pane (not highlighted tooltip!) + your parry on the char pane (not highlighted tooltip!).

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanx, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    well you no longer have defense, which means you can't increase your miss chance, so it is literally:

5% base miss + your dodge on your char pane (not highlighted tooltip!) + your parry on the char pane (not highlighted tooltip!).
    Yeah, avoidance is much easier to calculate with the new patch. However, the hard part is now going to be adding up all the mitigation.

+ Reply to Thread