+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Block cap + Pure avoidance macros

Gotcha. I mentally confused the calculations as to be using ratings instead of the paper doll percentages. Thank you, Satrina.

Been playing with the DK macro
    When i run it it returns 54.05%

i run at
    561 Def 6.44% + 5% base
    22.97% dodge
    20.88% parry
    Total of 55.29%

Is the 1.24% difference in the macro and the added totals the DR's coming into play or am i doing something wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by arduin View Post
    That is a good question I am at 49.82% total avoidance on my druid and I am curious if people are much higher or if there is even a good number to work with as we stand now in ulduar I only have 2 pieces of t8 but prior to ulduar being released. I had all BiS gear.

Also thank you all for putting so much time and brain twisting math into this.
    I am a decently geared druid (IMBA score of 547.21), but I chant/gem ag/stam. With my main tanking set, I get 48.94% avoidance. I could see my avoidance going up really high if I chanted/gem'd dodge/def, but I would see the HP, arm and crit take a drop (which as a druid I feel are just as important). My stats as of the date of this post are as follows (in bear, unbuffed):

TANK, 36.1K HP, 28.6K ARM, 40.47% DODGE, DEF CAPPED

I could easily change all my chants/gems around to give me more avoidance, but what is the point to 90% avoidance when your HP pool is 28k (just as an example, I doubt my stats would drop that much). Sure, it would be great to avoid soo much dmg, but if any one of those hits can kill you, what's the point of it. 90% avoidance is still 10% hitable, and there is still the chance (as rare as it may be) to be hit several times in a row and die.

This is a great macro, I hear that pallies and warr's can easily get 75-90%, where dk's and druids are mostly around 50-60% area, which I assume is because we do not have shields, and druids dont' parry.

My DK who is as geared as my druid (IMBA score of 555.64)stats are as follows:

TANK 32.2K HP, 25.7K ARM, 26.11% DODGE, 20.03% PARRY, DEF CAP'D

But he holds an avoidance of 57.01%, (ty to the parry compared to my druid).

My point is, that as much as you may want to stack 1 stat, it is not always wise. Avoidance as a tank is necessary, but do not rely on getting yourself to 100% avoidance when you are letting your other stats take a huge dive for it. A balance of decent HP, armor, and avoidance stats (depending on each class) is ideal for any tank. Also with these classes, since we do not have shields and druids do not parry, our tanking skills rely more on armor midigation, dodge, and parry for DK's. If you are using these macro's with your druid or DK, do not use it to compare to other classes, only to your own. Personally, I use it to help compare gear, click the macro with your present gear while in bear/frost presence, then put on the new ring/trinket/etc...and try the macro again. If it raises your avoidance along with your armor and HP, then it's a good piece (keep in mind your applicable chants/gems).

You can always look at the argument from the opposite spectrum as well, what is the point of having gear that gives you 40k hp unbuffed if your armor and avoidance stats are severely lacking. Sure, you have more HP and can take more damage, but you will take that dmg far more quickly and easily then someone with a good balance to their stats. Taking dmg while avoiding a portion of it is a part of being a tank. Do not rely too heavily on achieving this maximum avoidance at the expence of other important stats, especially if your a druid or DK.
    Last edited by Nadirizenith; 09-13-2009 at 12:32 PM.

are there or is there any macro's out there that you can hit and it does all the diminishing returns math for you off your character sheet? I am fine with doing math but would like to find a faster way

Macro #1 ( Where you are at / Dodge Cap)
    Macro #2 ( Where you are at / Parry Cap)
    Macro #3 ( Where you are at / Miss Cap)

also looking for a macro to use for the 1.88 balance between dodge and parry
    IE have gear on hit macro and it tells you where you are at in comparison to the ratio?

sorry its been a long night and i'm lazy right now any help would be great

If I run the macro for warriors I get 106,24%, we r actually on Anub and I am tanking adds, but even with that numbers I am getting unmitigated hits for 11k/13k.

What i am missing, shouldnt I be unhittable??

ok I am trying ot get these macros to function but keep getting ui errors. I can get the total avoidance macro to return a value of 59.23% not 100% sure how accurate it is. I know my Stats are screwed and I was hoping the macros would help me regem/change out some gear.

my armory link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

my Stats

35321 unbuffed hp
    25864 Armor

Defense rating 833
    Dodge Rating 734
    Parry Rating 253
    Block Rating 60

I've been looking through ths site for a simple calculation I can do on paper to work out the avoidence for my warrior as I try to put together a block set for anub (my guild want's me to do this)

I'm sorry if I've missed it but I'm just after a simplified calculation to use while I'm at work. I've got the script/macro's in game but I don't have all the set yet and the formulae cofuses me a little.

A friend has say just add up dodge + parry + block +16% and it will give you the avoidence number your after but I don't think it's right.

If you can help that would be fantastic thanks
    Anu (80 Warrior)
    Tank for The Untouchables - Runetotem (EU)

add up your dodge, parry, block, add 5% base chance to miss and add your miss chance from defense.

The only miscalculation here is the DR calculation on Miss.

miss has a steep DR as well, so it can be misleading, but for simple maths you can just ignore it but realize if you're at 101.8% exactly, through this calculation, you're actually going to be a bit short.

I don't know where your friend came up with 16% because at 540 defense it's exactly 5.6% (pre-DR) miss + the base 5 = 10.6%, that's 6% extra he's pulling out of thin air.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Yesitis View Post
    If I run the macro for warriors I get 106,24%, we r actually on Anub and I am tanking adds, but even with that numbers I am getting unmitigated hits for 11k/13k.

same here

1) Unhittable (paladins, warriors). This is the same one as above, slightly reworked - includes dodge + parry + miss + block. Should spit out the same numbers as the one above.
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    Can anyone plz confirm if that's correct in patch 3.2.2? Working on my unhittable set for heroic Anub 25man and can i go off this macro?

Low block value might make you take a big hit like that yes you are "unhittable" but if you blocking for 1500 your still going to be bent over eventually (i dont know your gear set up mearly guessing what the problems might be).

Or an add coulda snuck in and poked you from behind that is a possibility as well as that adds move funnily at times.
    The answer is user error

Server miscommunication with your client can make a mob look to be in front of you and actually be behind you, and you can't block it. It's one of the drawbacks of this type of gearing. You never know when you might suddenly get server agro.

Also make sure you aren't counting on Holy Shield charges (or the warrior verison thereof) to get to unblockable. Every charge will be ripped off in a second or two with multiple adds on you.

Help

Ok, I know i'm a bit tired and all these macros are confusing me, can't think straight this morning.

Would someone please make a macro for me?

I'm a Night Elf Death Knight, with Frigid Breastplate and the Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle

i did the very first macro and it says i have 77.99 i am a prot warrior with 25% dodge 20% parry and 22% block i dont how its possible for a warrior to get 102.4 for unhittable can anyone help
    my toon is Kays on Sen'jin server if you want to look up

any help would be awesome

It was said that the code for the unhittable macro is;

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    Is this still accurate?
    Almost Epic Currently Recruiting

it's still 102.4% for bosses (lvl 83 raid bosses, aka skull level), for the adds in anub which I assume you are talking about, are level 82, therefore 101.6%. The macro is still accurate.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hi there,

am I safe to assume that an avoidance macro for DKs with the new Rune of the Nerubian Carapace enchanted on one weapon would look like this?

Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetParryChance() + 8 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(13*0.04 + GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*0.04))))
    I simply replaced the "1" (25*0.04=1) from Liudeaths macro to a "13*0.04".

Well, since I'm quite a noob regarding macros I wouldn't be surprised if my attempts to modify them would faily horribly.

I am no Math wiz, and am by no means,in the knw, about computers...As a Prot. Pally, when and where should i use this macro?
    If i read some replies correctly, icould really mess things up if i misstype something..Should i turn off all adds before using this also?
    Sorry if its a dumb question, but as stated, im computer illiterate XD..Any help here ouldbe appreciated...Just tell me which macros i should use, when and where..PLEASE!!!

TY in advance for any help..
    wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uldaman&n=rizilliant
    Last edited by Rizilliant; 12-22-2009 at 10:07 AM.

This macro is pretty cool I'm currently running a Prot Warrior with a GearScore of a measly 4668 but I'm registering an 81.71 avoidance completely unbuffed. I did a 10-man Ony run earlier with only 16.8% incoming hits taken (that's 16.8% of incoming hits actually did damage only full blocks are counted as a non-hit when using Recount). That was before I got myself Lavanthor's Talisman. 563 defense 27.78 dodge 19.46 parry 24.69 block (1687 BV) 24683 armor and 29187 hp unbuffed currently and that's with missing enchants.

I've been an avoidance tank for ages, but I still get kicked out of raids for "not having enough health", if only people understood the concept of Effective Health. With this set I take absolutely no damage in heroics when I pop Shield Block and Lavanthor's Talisman no matter how many mobs are on me, in addition I also do around 800 damage to every mob every time they take a swing at me due to Damage Shield. My BV was sitting around 4600 during a 5-man run with my trinket and Shield Block up and a couple buffs.

I'm planning on continuing to build my BV set for ICC runs, considering you lose 20% dodge right off the top I figured running with high EH value via block would be a good way to counteract the huge loss of avoidance.

+ Reply to Thread