+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Block cap + Pure avoidance macros

I was wondering if you could provide a macro to calculate the avoidance for people like me who use rune of swordshattering, versus stoneskin gargoyle. Also I purposely sit below the defense cap because of the sigil that provides 53 defense rating upon use.

Anyone could write something similar for Expertise and Hit capping?

A script saying how much hit and exp rating u need to hit the cap would be nice. Thanks all.

Just curious, since druids now basically get a "block" when critting from Savage Defense, would it be viable to include the critical strike chance in place of the block for druids? Or am I reading into the ability wrong?

Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetCritChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    Merely a modified version of the Prot pally/war macro, replace GetBlockChance() with GetCritChance()

Very interesting, thank you for this.
    Some of my BV/BR pieces are blue drops from non-heroic/heroic lvl 80 dungeons I've been saving just for insane BV set.
    1.Is it a quicker path to being 'unhittable' stacking BV/Block Rating pieces basically?
    2.And am I correct in that Block Value is still more desirable to take then Block Rating for this?
    -Thanks
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Hunter Thompson

help

"I'm really happy to see a new version of the macro coming up, but i'd like to ask what kinds of numbers are you guys pulling out?
    I'm a pretty geared warrior tank (31.6k health unbuffed) without nightelf racial and only 2 points in shield spec, and i'm pulling out about a 67%/102%... Not really sure if this is average or what conclusions I should draw from it.
    I realise unhittable won't be achieveable for a very long time if ever but 35% off is a pretty big jump that I don't think I could get from gear.
    Just wondering how I stack up against other tanks. Thanks for the macros again! =D"

I am getting 75.58% in Best in slot gear is the 102.4% achievable for Warriors in game right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sechz View Post
    "I'm really happy to see a new version of the macro coming up, but i'd like to ask what kinds of numbers are you guys pulling out?
    I'm a pretty geared warrior tank (31.6k health unbuffed) without nightelf racial and only 2 points in shield spec, and i'm pulling out about a 67%/102%... Not really sure if this is average or what conclusions I should draw from it.
    I realise unhittable won't be achieveable for a very long time if ever but 35% off is a pretty big jump that I don't think I could get from gear.
    Just wondering how I stack up against other tanks. Thanks for the macros again! =D"

I am getting 75.58% in Best in slot gear is the 102.4% achievable for Warriors in game right now?
    That is a good question I am at 49.82% total avoidance on my druid and I am curious if people are much higher or if there is even a good number to work with as we stand now in ulduar I only have 2 pieces of t8 but prior to ulduar being released. I had all BiS gear.

Also thank you all for putting so much time and brain twisting math into this.

102.4% is achievable, Cider posted when he achieved it here: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f64/4...e-warrior.html

Edit: To clarify, 102.4 was acheivable before Ulduar so I assume it's easier now, but it required gearing specifically for a lot of block rating which is probably not the best way to gear for progression.

Would it be possible to include resilience in the macro for def cap? That would save lots of math when changing gear XD

Just thinking, I recently took 5/5 imp Demo Shout, to increase the bosses chance to miss, (because I'm an Avoidance Tank right now). And what I want to know is, is there a macro to tell me how much avoidance I'm looking at w/ demo shout on the boss?

I did the paper math, w/o the DR and I ended up with this
    Bosses have 573 AP(From a Post I read, based on Beast Lore and 5/5 DemoShout)
    5/5 DemoShout reduces AP by 575
    Chance to miss increases by .04% for every Defense point higher than the attacking mobs attack power.
    I have 545 Defense, w/o buffs/consumables
    When boss is affected by DemoShout, its AP is 0
    so, 545*.04%= 21.8% Miss Chance.

With my 41.98% Avoidance from dodge+parry, and this new miss chance, I get around 64% total Avoidance. This is all w/o diminishing returns because I don't know the math to factor them in.
    So, once again, can anyone tell me how much avoidance I'm looking at, or a macro that will tell me, when DemoShout is up on the boss?

Thanks in advance,
    Endrance

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    The floor on defense is indeed a good idea.

So what I think we're left with for deakthknights with Stoneskin is:
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetParryChance() + 6 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(floor(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL))*0.04))))
    We're explicitly adding in the 1% miss from Stoneskin, leaving the extra 1% dodge and parry to their respective get functions, and truncating the defense skill to the nearest one
    I used the code listed above, and it returns: "Total Avoidance 50.92%"
    This doesn't seem right.
    My Character sheet says:

Defense 542 (400+142)
    Defense Rating 577 (+117 Defense)
    Increasing Chance to Dodge, Block and Parry by 5.68%
    Decreases chance to be hit and Critically Hit by 5.68%
    Dodge Chance 24.64%
    Dodge rating of 412 adds 10.47 Dodge
    Parry Chance 16.53%
    Parry Rating of 408 adds 8.30% Parry

5.68 Miss Chance
    +24.64 Dodge Chance
    +16.53 Parry Chance
    = 46.85% so i figured with Diminishing returns, it would be lower. but after running the code i get 50.92%.

I'm confused.

Doombrïnger lvl 80 Human DK
    US Thunderlord Alliance
    Wow Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory
    (armory May show my DPS Gear)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 05-21-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Total avoidance = dodge + parry + miss. You're adding up only dodge and parry.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by Endrånce View Post
    Just thinking, I recently took 5/5 imp Demo Shout, to increase the bosses chance to miss, (because I'm an Avoidance Tank right now). And what I want to know is, is there a macro to tell me how much avoidance I'm looking at w/ demo shout on the boss?

I did the paper math, w/o the DR and I ended up with this
    Bosses have 573 AP(From a Post I read, based on Beast Lore and 5/5 DemoShout)
    5/5 DemoShout reduces AP by 575
    Chance to miss increases by .04% for every Defense point higher than the attacking mobs attack power.
    I have 545 Defense, w/o buffs/consumables
    When boss is affected by DemoShout, its AP is 0
    so, 545*.04%= 21.8% Miss Chance.

With my 41.98% Avoidance from dodge+parry, and this new miss chance, I get around 64% total Avoidance. This is all w/o diminishing returns because I don't know the math to factor them in.
    So, once again, can anyone tell me how much avoidance I'm looking at, or a macro that will tell me, when DemoShout is up on the boss?

Thanks in advance,
    Endrance
    boss AP affects miss chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    I used the code listed above, and it returns: "Total Avoidance 50.92%"
    This doesn't seem right.
    My Character sheet says:

Defense 542 (400+142)
    Defense Rating 577 (+117 Defense)
    Increasing Chance to Dodge, Block and Parry by 5.68%
    Decreases chance to be hit and Critically Hit by 5.68%
    Dodge Chance 24.64%
    Dodge rating of 412 adds 10.47 Dodge
    Parry Chance 16.53%
    Parry Rating of 408 adds 8.30% Parry

5.68 Miss Chance
    +24.64 Dodge Chance
    +16.53 Parry Chance
    = 46.85% so i figured with Diminishing returns, it would be lower. but after running the code i get 50.92%.

I'm confused.

Doombrïnger lvl 80 Human DK
    US Thunderlord Alliance
    Wow Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory
    (armory May show my DPS Gear)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    Total avoidance = dodge + parry + miss. You're adding up only dodge and parry.
    I did add Dodge + Parry + Miss
    5.68 Miss Chance
    +24.64 Dodge Chance
    +16.53 Parry Chance
    = 46.85%

You forgot your base miss chance of 5%

Your edit makes the included miss a lot clearer, yep. What Jere said, but with an extra 1% non-diminished miss from stoneskin gargoyle on your weapon. That's what the addition of 6 in the macro is for. If you were a night elf, it'd be 8 because of the Quickness racial.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Ahh, Thank you Both

I have a question regarding the Deathknight Macro. It was mentioned that if you're talented into Frigid Deathplate, you simply change the 6 to a 9. But I was curious about Blade Barrier. I'm assuming this counts simply as mitigation, and thus has no place in the avoidance macro. Also, if one were using Sigil of Deflection, would you simply add the dodge chance to the end (2.24% I think).

love this macro
    I'm at 78% unhittable (with my Night elf racial)

Bumping - I honestly don't understand the math enough, so I was hoping for an update with the changes to avoidance in 3.2

Those changes will not affect these macros.

+ Reply to Thread