+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Block cap + Pure avoidance macros

Block cap + Pure avoidance macros

Don't know if it has been posted yet but here goes:

Code:
    /script dr=function(x)return 1/(1/16+0.9560/x)end;DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+dr(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/122.962)))
    source: Maintankadin :: View topic - Block cap + Pure avoidance macro

Edit by Satrina

Here are a few variations on that. Note that all of these, including the original one above, use Whitetooth's new work on finding the diminishing returns cap for miss (from here: Elitist Jerks - The Miss Cap). That means the numbers here "should" be pretty much bang on.

1) Unhittable (paladins, warriors). This is the same one as above, slightly reworked - includes dodge + parry + miss + block. Should spit out the same numbers as the one above.
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    2) Just avoidance (paladins, warriors, deathknights). This gives you dodge + parry + miss only.
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    3) Bear Avoidance (druids). This gives you dodge + miss only.
    Tauren:
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    Night Elf:
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Total avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + 7 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

4) Just miss. This gives you your diminished miss chance by itself.
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Chance to be missed: %.2f%%",  5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))
    5) Super special (paladin, warrior). Props to Astemus for the idea. Gives you unhittable, avoidance, and how far above/below 540 defense you are.
    Code:
    /run local b,d,p,r,a=GetBlockChance(),GetDodgeChance(),GetParryChance(),GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) a=1/(.0625+.956/(r/122.9625)) ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable: %.2f%%  Avoidance: %.2f%%  Defense %+.0f rating",b+d+p+5+a,d+p+5+a,r-689))
    6) Deathknights with Stoneskin Gargoyle. Props to Liudeath for starting to get this figured. If you have the 3% from talents, change the 6 to a 9. If you're a night elf, add 1 more to that (so it's 7 or 10):
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Avoidance with Stoneskin Gargoyle: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetParryChance() + 6 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(floor(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL))*0.04))))

If you're a night elf, add on another 2% from your racial Quickness (base chance to be missed of 7% instead of 5%). There isn't enough room in a macro do make that determination, so you'll have to do it yourself.

If you're a druid or deathknight using macros that include block and parry chance, those will return as zero for you - the reported chances will be correct.
    Last edited by Satrina; 02-06-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling correction

What exactly do it? i've tryed it on my lvl 80 warrior - and it says im over the highest? Dunno what it mean :P can u please help me

Aparently from the link right there its how close you are to the block cap with all DRs taken into account

It's show how high your chance to "not be hit" by a lvl 80 mob is. If you get the number to 100 you will never be hit by a lvl 80 mob. The 102.4 refers to lvl 83 mobs (raidbosses). Mobs get a .8 chance to hit you for each level they are above you. That's 2.4+100=102.4 you need to never be hit by raidbosses.

While the viability of a set with "hitimmunity" are very situational it can be fun. Try farming with high avoidance/shieldblock set and suddenly you can pull insane number of mobs and as long as you keep them in front they will not damage you. Actually they will die because of damage shield.
    Also on a boss like Loatheb, who hit extremely soft a full blockset is very very nice.

If you ever intend on killing old world bosses (which are for levels sake lvl 83, a raidboss is always 3 levels higher) a block set is very very strong, on a lot of bosses even absorbing all damage there is.

To be not hit means that everything that strikes you is either dodged, parried, missed or blocked, no normal hit gets through.

Am I right in assuming that Night Elves would have to tack a +2 on the end of the formula to allow for Quickness?

Good call, that is correct
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Not being hit at all = rage starvation, does it not?

I seem to be having rage problems recently due to high avoidance (in heroics).

this is not a macro to be used in combat, it doesn't make anything quicker, it simply tells you how close to being un-hittable you are, it will display a message telling you a number basically

Thanks for the new macros! Nice to finally have them accurate again.
    [18:19:08] [R] [80:Neuter:1]: if bush can dodge a shoe, you can dodge the wall

Maybe I'm missunderstanding something here, but when you say "un-hittable" (assuming you're counting your block chance) then aren't you really saying "you can still be hit, but when you are you'll be blocking part of it."? My understanding of all of this, pre 3.0 when crushing blows were still on the table for raid bosses, was that the value of a 102.4 set was that crushing blows were removed from the table, not that you were completely "unhittable." In other words, unless you can get to that number using strickly dodge and parry, you should still take damage, it will just always be damage taken with a block, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrum View Post
    Not being hit at all = rage starvation, does it not?

I seem to be having rage problems recently due to high avoidance (in heroics).

Not quite.

Not being hit means no attack lands which is not blocked. This means your block value has a direct relationship to your effective health as every time a boss does do physical damage, you don't take X amount of the hit.

If you are rage starved because you are just not taking enough damage, you might think about switching out some gear to increase your block rating and value while losing some of that avoidance. It seems backwards, but you will end up being better at tanking with the lower avoidance set and more block. Your healer will likely not be too angry because the damage coming in is pretty smooth. Spike damage bothers healers more than a pretty constant source.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmurick View Post
    Maybe I'm missunderstanding something here, but when you say "un-hittable" (assuming you're counting your block chance) then aren't you really saying "you can still be hit, but when you are you'll be blocking part of it."? My understanding of all of this, pre 3.0 when crushing blows were still on the table for raid bosses, was that the value of a 102.4 set was that crushing blows were removed from the table, not that you were completely "unhittable." In other words, unless you can get to that number using strickly dodge and parry, you should still take damage, it will just always be damage taken with a block, correct?
    Correct. See above. When you have a 1200 block rating that means you are reducing the incoming damage significantly and consistently.

As a tankadin his makes me happy. I will be using this macro asap. Thanks to EJ for getting this figured out and tankspot for leting us know.
    Last edited by Tokenelf; 02-02-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Correct.

But I wanted to avoid uncrushable. What I meant with unhitable is that no normal hit will get through.

Unlike high avoidance unhitable will not get you rage starved, you still get damage. (my avoidance in blockset for unhitable is lower then in normal boss gear) and warriors got a talent which gives rages on block.

i t thought crushing was removed for mobs your level +3. i have never ran into a mob lvl 84 in raids. I think DK's wouldn't be able to tank if CB's were still around.

awesome post orcstar + satrina, very useful =D

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

dk ?

Hi,

Thank for macro
    I would like to know if this macro work for DK or only Paladin ?
    Thank for your respond

I'm really happy to see a new version of the macro coming up, but i'd like to ask what kinds of numbers are you guys pulling out?
    I'm a pretty geared warrior tank (31.6k health unbuffed) without nightelf racial and only 2 points in shield spec, and i'm pulling out about a 67%/102%... Not really sure if this is average or what conclusions I should draw from it.
    I realise unhittable won't be achieveable for a very long time if ever but 35% off is a pretty big jump that I don't think I could get from gear.
    Just wondering how I stack up against other tanks. Thanks for the macros again! =D

P.S. Nerf NE racial or make race-changes available =P

In my dedicated blockset (which gimps my hp by 4k and avoidance by 10%) I manage to get 93% unbuffed. Raidbuffed about 3% more. But I'm still missing some pieces I like.

Also note that the Miss Chance macro doesn't take into account the extra 25% while under the effects of Lichborne for DKs. Not that it would feasible to check for that for the same reason the NE racial isn't checked.

Been trying to create a macro using these examples that spits out my avoidance with and without block. I used a macro before that included both, and it was nice to have both displayed in 1 macro. However i can't adapt it to the new numbers since it doesn't actually contain any math, it's just a bunch of simple get codes.
    Code:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(string.format("Mitigation: %.2f  Avoidance: %.2f" ,GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+GetDodgeBlockParryChanceFromDefense(),GetDodgeChance()+GetParryChance()+5+GetDodgeBlockParryChanceFromDefense()))
    This is what the macro is now, but it's too long to fit, anyone able to shorten it up somehow?
    Code:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Mit %.2f  Avoid %.2f" ,GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+7+1/(0.0625+0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04)),GetDodgeChance()+GetParryChance()+7+1/(0.0625+0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

You can change GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04 to GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/122.9625 - I left it expanded so people can see where the numbers come from. Then assign the miss calculation to a local variable instead of repeating it twice:

Code:
    /run local a=1/(0.0625+0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/122.9625)) ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable %.2f%%  Avoidance: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+7+a,GetDodgeChance()+GetParryChance()+7+a))
    (and now you're basically back to the Maintankadin macro)

Edit - even better!

Code:
    /run local a=GetDodgeChance()+GetParryChance()+7+1/(0.0625+0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/122.9625)) ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable: %.2f%%  Avoidance: %.2f%%",a+GetBlockChance(),a))
    Last edited by Satrina; 02-03-2009 at 08:51 AM.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

+ Reply to Thread