+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pauldrons of Unnatural death vs T7.5

Pauldrons of Unnatural death vs T7.5

Pauldrons of Unnatural Death - Item - World of Warcraft

Valorous Dreadnaught Pauldrons - Item - World of Warcraft

Set bonus not in discussion, just on stats.
    What do you guys think?

I understand Pauldrons are threat and t7.5 is more avoidance.
    But which would you guys take?

Take them both and swap them around during different encounters.

They're so close it's not even a major issue.

I use 7.5 right now for the +3 seconds to Shield Wall.

Pauldrons would give me -63 health, -19 attack power, -0.90% dodge, -1.68% block, -6.2 BV and +3.7 expertise, +0.73% parry, +2.2 defense.

I will use the Pauldrons over 7.5 once I get Legs of Sov. and lose the potential 4 piece bonus.

unnatural death all the way i keep both in my bags. and I really don't consider the 4pc bonus worth it at all. the non tier pieces are just too strong. (legs/shoulders/helm)

Get or use both. The pauldrons were obviously designed for a DK tank.

Simply because an item has parry rating on it does not mean it was designed for a Death Knight tank. You might be able to claim that it is better for a Death Knight than a Warrior or Paladin, but it really doesn't matter as long as it's an upgrade for the person who gets it.

That said, I have both shoulders and wear the Pauldrons of Unnatural Death for most everything. This may change if Ulduar has fights where survivability is a much greater concern, but for the moment I lean towards the offset piece.

And if you are now on Black Dragonflight, Bragoon, lose the parry/def gem in your shoulders. An expertise or expertise/stam gem fits really well in that gem slot.

i won't use my t7.5 shoulders because they look like ass

Quote Originally Posted by greendragonempire View Post
    i won't use my t7.5 shoulders because they look like ass
    Admittedly, this also factors into my reasoning but for me, on stats, it boils down to the expertise. Otherwise, they are virtually the same. The dodge vs. parry favors parry for me because of the dodge bloat i have and DR's.

I picked up T7.5 Wednesday night because they were left to rot and if I need a set bonus (either maintain 2/5 or find a reason to get to 4/5) I'll have them but IMO, for me at least, Unnatural Death are clearly better.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Hanging onto both is definitely the way to go. As for myself, I prefer the Pauldrons of Unnatural Death for most situations, but I keep my T7.5 on me at all times for situations where they may be more beneficial. I don't find the 4pc bonus to be particularly worthwhile, and with items like these Pauldrons, Helm of Vital Protection, and Legplates of Sovereignty, that just screams to me to use 2pc bonus and end up with a lot more expertise from the off-set items.

This is in my ideal setup right now, and (once I get Ablative Chitin Girdle from Maexxna which has never dropped in over two months :X), I'll be sitting at roughly 200~ hit rating and 39 expertise, while still maintaining over 33k HP unbuffed, over 540 defense, and over 20% each to dodge/parry/block. That said, these help equal out my well-rounded set for decent avoidance and mitigation, good EH, and great threat stats.
    -ItZMuRdA-

Quote Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post
    I'll be sitting at roughly 200~ hit rating and 39 expertise, while still maintaining over 33k HP unbuffed, over 540 defense, and over 20% each to dodge/parry/block.
    I think you did your math wrong there.

Unless you respec into 5/5 Shield Spec.
    Last edited by Kilrath; 02-02-2009 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrath View Post
    I think you did your math wrong there.

Unless you respec into 5/5 Shield Spec.
    True, the 20% block part was when I had 5/5 shield spec, as I used a focused rage-absent build for some time when I knew I'd have a blessing of sanctuary every raid, but yeah, atm I changed my spec (largely due to the lack of prot paladin), so you're right -- that should be closer to 17-18%, but the rest should be pretty accurate. I was just tossing out ballpark figures though from what I recall of my current gear + Ablative Chitin Girdle, so it wasn't really math, although I think the numbers should be very close to my original post. :P
    -ItZMuRdA-

+ Reply to Thread