+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

Thread: Naxxramas The Immortal

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nashvegas
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Diffy View Post
    Thank you Edge, this will help my warrior and my mage. I never know when S&B procs nor when Brain freeze/ fingers of frost do either.
    I use Power Auras for this. Power Auras is also good for keeping track of buffs and whatnot.
    Tankity spankity.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Belak View Post
    Xav:

    a) Any chance of a chardev.org list of that block set?

    b) Did I misread the infected wound ability? I thought at 99 stacks, you'd be taking +9900 damage for every hit, and several of them beating on you at once. How do you block through that?
    chardev.org - a World of Warcraft Character Planner - x

    About 90% coverage from gear + 5% from mob base miss, rest is covered by raid buffs. (typically you can't get 102.4% unless you had like insect swarm/scorpid up on the mob, so anything without those up you're close to capped)

    At 97~% coverage you're still blocking just about everything!

    And the +9900 is added to their base swing, which means it still has to go through armor, then finally block value. Block is calculated at the very end of all attacks, even after shield wall
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,630
    If base zombie damage is 1500, and you have +9900, that brings the base zombie damage to 11400

    If you have 63% armor mitigation raid buffed, you're taking 37% damage.

    11400 * .37 = 4218

    Defensive stance, 4218 * .9 = 3796 damage.

    If you have 1671 block value with raid buffs, you'll have 10% more with glyph of blocking (tbh I don't know how it interacts, i'll just say it's 10% more for this) = 1838 block value.

    So you'll take a maximum of 3796 - 1838 = 1958 damage. This also isn't even counting Demo Shout, but I'm not sure how demo shout will interact with base mob damage and then debuffs added to that. It will probably only alter the base, in which case demo will do next to nothing.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    what you said about grob, is that 100% confirmed?

    as in did you have a week were the only death on any fight was someone dieing in a poison cloud and you not get the achievement?

    we had someone die to the adds about 20 seconds after the boss died, did that cost us the title? we had a dc on saph so it there is no way of knowing but i would really like to know one way or the other with 100% certainty not just speculation


    again what you said about thad, how do you know unless the only death was to a charge the whole run. The difference between grob and thad is that the poison clouds keep you in combat, on thad you get out of combat as soon as the boss dies.

    it is my belief that as long as you are out of combat, the charge would not count against the achievement and the only reason grob counts is because you are still in combat.
    Is it 100% confirmed? Nope. It's based off pre-3.0.8 reports from a handful of guilds dealing with Undying.

    Do you want to risk it?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Is it 100% confirmed? Nope. It's based off pre-3.0.8 reports from a handful of guilds dealing with Undying.

    Do you want to risk it?

    nah i was asking more out of curiosity because we were having a huge debate/turned into a bet on if that person that died to a slime after grob died cost us the title.

    we litterally talked about it the entire rest of the night except on boss pulls and i was hoping you had 100% confirmation so i coulda won the bet lol

    either way HUGE GRATS!!!!!!!!!



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Grats Cider,

    9 people in our guild got the Undying tag a couple of weeks back. The 10th person DC'd halfway through Kel and reconnected just after we got him down. Unfortunately he missed the title (but was able to loot badges from the boss) and contacting a GM didn't resolve it for him.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    São Paulo, SP - Brazil
    Posts
    68
    Gratz on the Achievement Cider! I'll try it myself someday as soon as I find a good guild =x

    I solo tank the Zombies of Gluth in Naxx25 too... because tanking the boss is SO boring.
    On 10man tanking the adds is less than trivial: you stand still, hit the zombie, do your tanky stuff, wait for the next one and so it goes...
    [Tank Addict]

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    chardev.org - a World of Warcraft Character Planner - x

    About 90% coverage from gear + 5% from mob base miss, rest is covered by raid buffs. (typically you can't get 102.4% unless you had like insect swarm/scorpid up on the mob, so anything without those up you're close to capped)

    At 97~% coverage you're still blocking just about everything!

    And the +9900 is added to their base swing, which means it still has to go through armor, then finally block value. Block is calculated at the very end of all attacks, even after shield wall
    Thanks Xav! That's a big help. Plus it's a fun set to aim for. I always loved doing "Stupid Tank Tricks" with full block sets. It annoyed my feral friends, which is always a worthwhile goal.

  9. #49
    Gratz dude,

    but i disagree with the Instructor boss. With some descent priests, u won't loose any people. I did instructor about 2 times, and both times no deaths. Another fact is, that the 4 wings are easy compared to naxx[10]. You only need players that understand their classes, know all tactics. especially the last. sapphiron and kel'thuzad are 2 hard bosses. And i admire youre guilds prestation about it. (thumbs up)

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2
    It seems that all video on youtube have been removed? or its only me telling the video is no longer available?

    Gratz to Cinderhelm The Immortal and all your guild members!

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminalmind<eu-eonar> View Post
    Gratz dude,

    but i disagree with the Instructor boss. With some descent priests, u won't loose any people. I did instructor about 2 times, and both times no deaths. Another fact is, that the 4 wings are easy compared to naxx[10]. You only need players that understand their classes, know all tactics. especially the last. sapphiron and kel'thuzad are 2 hard bosses. And i admire youre guilds prestation about it. (thumbs up)
    We also did Undying about 2 weeks before Immortal

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminalmind<eu-eonar> View Post
    Gratz dude,

    but i disagree with the Instructor boss. With some descent priests, u won't loose any people. I did instructor about 2 times, and both times no deaths. Another fact is, that the 4 wings are easy compared to naxx[10]. You only need players that understand their classes, know all tactics. especially the last. sapphiron and kel'thuzad are 2 hard bosses. And i admire youre guilds prestation about it. (thumbs up)
    Every guild may have different hot spots. Razuvious hadn't been a problem for a month, but we still played it safe, because we did have a player die 3 weeks ago. Adjust strats and start point by where your guild has specific issues.

    Per 10 to 25-man, part of what makes 25-mans easier than 10-mans is that a player can die and the raid can make up for it whereas that's much harder in a 10-man setting. However, when encounters are held to the standard of "nobody can die," 25-mans become exponentially more difficult even without factoring encounter changes such as mind control on kel'thuzad. This is a mathematical truth, backed up by where the achievements are relative to each other; Immortal is the rarest achievement right now, with fewer than 100 guilds worldwide having completed it, whereas Undying has been completed many thousands of times over.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1
    Haha did you make a sex change? I've seen a male human warrior on some other guides.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Every guild may have different hot spots. Razuvious hadn't been a problem for a month, but we still played it safe, because we did have a player die 3 weeks ago. Adjust strats and start point by where your guild has specific issues.

    Per 10 to 25-man, part of what makes 25-mans easier than 10-mans is that a player can die and the raid can make up for it whereas that's much harder in a 10-man setting. However, when encounters are held to the standard of "nobody can die," 25-mans become exponentially more difficult even without factoring encounter changes such as mind control on kel'thuzad. This is a mathematical truth, backed up by where the achievements are relative to each other; Immortal is the rarest achievement right now, with fewer than 100 guilds worldwide having completed it, whereas Undying has been completed many thousands of times over.
    it is still a nice prestation, because it is hard to let no one die in one run. especially 25 people. And youre right about the hotspots, were wiping on Heroic Thadius that is still a son of a

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Diffy View Post
    Thank you Edge, this will help my warrior and my mage. I never know when S&B procs nor when Brain freeze/ fingers of frost do either.
    You could try Power Auras Classic as well. For those of us who need a giant icon over our face to know when somethings of CD or missing or procced.

    [Edit: Damn, Naaven beat me to it alreadu]

  16. #56
    Any chance you could post that Holy Paladin talent spec you mentioned in the video?

    Thanks.

  17. #57
    Thanks for this, was looking into building a block set and it will save me a lot of time. Much appreciated link!

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    33
    grats on getting the title cider, the guild i'm in isn't hardcore in the least bit and i'd say for us this achievement would be impossible atm since we don't like to rush things and all the bio breaks, r/l crap, ect... if we ever try for it we're going to have to set a date on a saturday or sunday and start it early in the day. Oh btw does it have to be the same group you go in with or can you swap people out who are better at certain bosses

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by rmd83 View Post
    grats on getting the title cider, the guild i'm in isn't hardcore in the least bit and i'd say for us this achievement would be impossible atm since we don't like to rush things and all the bio breaks, r/l crap, ect... if we ever try for it we're going to have to set a date on a saturday or sunday and start it early in the day. Oh btw does it have to be the same group you go in with or can you swap people out who are better at certain bosses
    You can get the immortals title if you swap people, but its only the people present on the KT kill that get the achievement. So really, unless you want to cuz tons of drama, I would just go in with one good group.

    And this is totally doable by any guild as Cider said, you just need to be dedicated to geting it done.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,766
    I've added more detailed notes in.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts