+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas The Immortal

30 yd taunt imo. heh

Definitely valid points Lilie. Your guild demographic sounds broad, from Cider's voiceover, so it was necessary to set an objective standard for admission to those raids. If the guild can adapt to these new rules, that is great.

For smaller raiding guilds that have been around awhile, this level of expectation is new and may produce a "roster adjustment". Folks need to decide if it is worth that cost.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Definitely valid points Lilie. Your guild demographic sounds broad, from Cider's voiceover, so it was necessary to set an objective standard for admission to those raids. If the guild can adapt to these new rules, that is great.

For smaller raiding guilds that have been around awhile, this level of expectation is new and may produce a "roster adjustment". Folks need to decide if it is worth that cost.
    Well, the other option is to just have those people get better :P

I think Cider's comments were mostly pointing towards the fact that, since all of the encounters can be done with no deaths even early on, this is more of a skill achievement than a "have you been farming Naxx for 3 months" achievement.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

If players cannot perform to expectations I don't see any reason to hold the rest of the guild back. Although it may seem like a kick in the nuts to the person that is left out, I feel that in the long run that the player who is not included will try harder to be better and pay more attention.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

This movie reminds me of the fact that cider is a chick now.
    Galushi - 85 Dwarf Warrior - Shadowsong US Alliance.
    Branigan - 85 Goblin Warrior - Kilrogg US Horde.

Gratz guys, wish I did'nt have to work late that night >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    To clarify Gluth -- the debuff stops stacking at 99. It does deal a decent amount of damage but, with a dedicated healer, it's very stable to just tank them in the back. I'll have a video up for it when possible (for the 10-man version; I haven't had a chance to tank this on 25).
    In my full block set where I cover the hit table, I could tank those all day at a 99 stack! It's beautiful and so simple.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    In my full block set where I cover the hit table, I could tank those all day at a 99 stack! It's beautiful and so simple.
    Nice, Xav. Yea, its much easier for us to throw our bearpig-tank at it, give him a healer and call it a day.

You make me so jealous.

I've updated this with the final version. I'll be editing more in briefly.

I tried it today, i guess I'm not geared enough
    Gertiploiss, the tank without a cause or reason.

I think the most common this you will hear when talking about this achievement is "we almost had it..." and then there is a BUT... <insert teh but> like someone lagged out on thaddius, i couldn't see the poison, the iceblock was bugged on saphiron..etc

Grats on the immortal and very nice movie with helpful tips as always Cider =)
    Y'rly!

Xav:

a) Any chance of a chardev.org list of that block set?

b) Did I misread the infected wound ability? I thought at 99 stacks, you'd be taking +9900 damage for every hit, and several of them beating on you at once. How do you block through that?

I wish my guild had raiders who didn't have extreme tunnel vision and were capable of listening to simple instructions.

We were doing the 10 man one and I specifically say run behind grobbulus when you get infection as I am leaving plenty of space. Person runs all the way over to the other side of the room and dies. No other deaths during the run.

@%$$
    >8< Spider Pride!
    Dr D. L. Kazzak wins a Nobel Prize for his discovery that indeed, all mortals will perish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    It's fundamentally the same on 25, just you need two tanks, one for each grate.
    I solo tank all the zombies on Gluth as a prot warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Alent View Post
    It's fundamentally the same on 25, just you need two tanks, one for each grate.
    We usually run with 3 or 4 tanks, have 1 of the tanks go dps and you can solo tank all zombies.

The trick is

Mark yourself up, have all healers stand on top of eachother directly inbetween gluth and the middle grate. Now, if you vigilance the maintank about 10s after the pull, you'll have free taunts coming out of your orifices.

Before a single zombie chow can do anything you can taunt them, keep them in a tight pack and just tank them. Then, 10s before the decimate goes off, backpeddle them to the back grate and as soon as they decimate shockwave them.

The advantages to thise is that you have more dps, healing is much much easier, you don't lose anyone to kiting and you can aoe them down much easier because 1 tank on the zombie chow means that they're all in a tight pack (they die in 3-4 gcd for us)

Quote Originally Posted by Belak View Post
    Xav:

a) Any chance of a chardev.org list of that block set?

b) Did I misread the infected wound ability? I thought at 99 stacks, you'd be taking +9900 damage for every hit, and several of them beating on you at once. How do you block through that?
    I usually tank them in a full block set as well (mine sucks atm because i've been passing on block gear to holy pala's, only 1500 BV unbuffed), and i think there's something weird with the way infected wounds stacks. Even with a 99 stack up, i still see full blocks half the time.

Keep in mind, that +9900 damage is pre-armour mitigation, plus, what i think what happens is that block might be applied before before the infected wounds, so if you get a full block you won't get any damage. But this is just all guesswork. All i can say is that i've only seem them hit me for 2.5-3k every now and then, it only gets iffy when 15 of them all hit you at the same time.

What is the add-on that shows him when sword and board procs?

Thank you Edge, this will help my warrior and my mage. I never know when S&B procs nor when Brain freeze/ fingers of frost do either.

what you said about grob, is that 100% confirmed?

as in did you have a week were the only death on any fight was someone dieing in a poison cloud and you not get the achievement?

we had someone die to the adds about 20 seconds after the boss died, did that cost us the title? we had a dc on saph so it there is no way of knowing but i would really like to know one way or the other with 100% certainty not just speculation

again what you said about thad, how do you know unless the only death was to a charge the whole run. The difference between grob and thad is that the poison clouds keep you in combat, on thad you get out of combat as soon as the boss dies.

it is my belief that as long as you are out of combat, the charge would not count against the achievement and the only reason grob counts is because you are still in combat.

+ Reply to Thread