+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Thaddius

Naxxramas Thaddius

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:58 AM.

[ame="http://files.filefront.com/EventideThaddiuswmv/;12456206;/fileinfo.html"]EventideThaddius.wmv - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=855112@@AMEPARAM@@static.filefront. com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=855112[/ame]

The above is the original 40-man encounter with the 4-point strategy. Here's the rule of movement: "If your charge stays the same, go right; if your charge changes, go left."

evil painful memories of the 4 corners strat!!!!! we also had a very high oceanic guild as well but even then we could never beat the enrage because so many people were not giving others the buff in the 2 non used corners

We've used the circle-around method successfully on both the 10- and 25-mans - it isn't hard and makes for a little less damage on the changes. To set up for that as the tank, start facing Thaddius about 2/3 of the way back on the platform, that should get him right in the middle. For some reason, he's a pain in the ass to move backwards if you start tanking him closer to the wall than that.

From there, just strafe around the edge of the targeting circle when you have to move, and then adjust backwards if you're still getting damage once you're settled into your new position - I noticed the opposite-side melee and I tended to get a little too close after a move.

And if you've got a geared dps warrior in the raid, get vigilance on him. With the damage multiplier, our guy was easily doing 7500+ dps in the 25-man, and was threat-capped without having the transfer on.

Anyone having lag on Thaddius fight? I just on Thaddius and is a raid lag, everyone have spikes for 2~4seconds. Hiwashi @ Frostmane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwashi View Post
    Anyone having lag on Thaddius fight? I just on Thaddius and is a raid lag, everyone have spikes for 2~4seconds. Hiwashi @ Frostmane.

thaddius is the reason 99% of guilds in naxx that transfered off thier original servers actually did it

hi

in my guild we tryed the two camp strategie more or less efektive our best try was with 21 people going in enrage 28% health of thadius. we try him full two raid day but we did geht even that mark again, the problem was also that many died during polarity shifts or doe the lack of heal incoming.

i have a smal theorie on thadius: whne you have a group that kills patchwork well in the enrage timer you must be able to down thadius as well- how i get to this? heres why: patchwerk has 13,1 million HP and 6 min enrage timer, thadius 30,4 million HP and same enrage of 6 min. thadius has roughly 2,3 times more HP the patches but you have ( 25 people standing till the end ) 25 times 10% more dmg aka 250% with everyone standing. so you must be able to kill thadius in advance of the enrage timer or at least hiting the enragetimer when he goes down.

if i am mistaking please correkt me ^^

greatz

PS: my english is a bit rusti so pls dont look after the spelling ^^

would you please explain why with a MT and OT there is a need to switch between stalag and feugen jumping back and forth?
    Last edited by FranzVonKrau; 12-27-2008 at 01:17 PM.

the switching between the two tanks is forced bei stalagg und feugen every 30 sec ans ich is called magnetic pull if i am not mistaking

greatz

Lag is preventing my guild from killing this guy.

I have asked everyone to disable any mods that do broadcasts...Omen, Recount, Violation, DBM. Any other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Meiafx View Post
    hi

in my guild we tryed the two camp strategie more or less efektive our best try was with 21 people going in enrage 28% health of thadius. we try him full two raid day but we did geht even that mark again, the problem was also that many died during polarity shifts or doe the lack of heal incoming.

i have a smal theorie on thadius: whne you have a group that kills patchwork well in the enrage timer you must be able to down thadius as well- how i get to this? heres why: patchwerk has 13,1 million HP and 6 min enrage timer, thadius 30,4 million HP and same enrage of 6 min. thadius has roughly 2,3 times more HP the patches but you have ( 25 people standing till the end ) 25 times 10% more dmg aka 250% with everyone standing. so you must be able to kill thadius in advance of the enrage timer or at least hiting the enragetimer when he goes down.

if i am mistaking please correkt me ^^

greatz

PS: my english is a bit rusti so pls dont look after the spelling ^^
    I would agree that DPS wise if you can kill Patchwerk than you should be ready to down Thadius. To beat the fight early on you must not have any deaths. It doesn't matter what role the person plays any death is a loss of DPS since its one less person providing the polarity buff. 4 people down is a loss of a minimum of 10% DPS without even knowing what class they are.

The fight isnt that healing intensive so make sure that everyone that can is DPSing. The healers and tank DPS wont be huge but every bit counts.

What really helps in this fight in avoiding lag wiping is having ppl switch to the left if facing the boss.

Also, tank him to the right when facing him on each side. I saw you tanked him in the center :P. These little addendums on the strat should help a lot.

What this does is when ppl are switching. They're no where near the ppl with the same buff while switching and also the tank doesn't get blasted during tansitions as the new ppl that just got a change are passing by the tank with the same buff.

Edit: i haven't tried this on 25 man yet, but hopefully will be doing it tonight! =D

If you're still having issues on Thaddius on the Polarity Shifts at the beginning...

A) If you miss the initial jump, go to a platform and WAIT until your polarity is the same as the side that you are on (My group usually has Positive on the right side, and Negative on the left) otherwise, the opposing charges will pretty much one-shot you.

B) Have, after the tanks gains initial aggro from Thaddius, stand directly underneath of him. When he Polarity Shifts the first time, you simply move to the respective side.

C) For you hunters who like to stay far away... You can't do that. Yes, he has a HUGE hitbox, so melee, healers, caster-DPS, and tanks, you can go about 8 yards away from him, and still be in melee range, giving the hunter about 10 yards, allowing him to give you the stacking damage debuff, while letting him use his shots.

D) As mentioned by Phoebus, in the 25man version of Thaddius, the Polarity shift gets a little more difficult for those who are newer to Naxxramas than some of us veterans of oldworld 40-Naxx. When he polarity shifts, move AROUND Thaddius, not through him. You have roughly 4 seconds of move time before he pulses the charges. While keeping at least 6 yards from opposing charges, you won't cross them. By running, say this time is was determined left, If I were positive, and shifted to negative, I would run to MY left, and around the outer edge of Thaddius' hitbox to prevent crossing charges.

If one person dies, it's a HUGE DPS loss. If two or more people die, it's hard to recover.

Also, if you die, and you are incombat rezzed... Don't take it right away. If a druid Rebirths you, have the druid run AWAY from the charge groups before casting... Otherwise, you're going to come back, without a charge, and super low health, taking an instant pulse of charges, dying again.

How hard does a big melee group make this fight? Tonight we might be looking at going with 5+ melee (Naxx-25), and I'm worried Grobbulus and Thaddius will become almost undoable.

Grobs will be more difficult but I don't think it hurts on Thaddeus too much. We did him last night with 2 rogues, 2 fury warriors, 2 DKs, and a ret pally. We lost more ranged to polartiy shifts and stuff than melee.

And again, every person that dies is a major hit to your DPS from the buffs, let alone their personal DPS contribution.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Did this fight for the first time last night on normal. We wiped the first time mainly because of the jump. I made it no problem thanks to your wonderful video Others were not so lucky

We came back and executed flawlessly. We just started in Naxx this week and none of us had any experience with the raid pre-wrath so we're enjoying it thoroughly. So far, we've cleared the Arachnid, Plague, and Construct Quarters and I think this fight was my favorite yet (Heigan is a close 2nd). Since we are completely fresh to these encounters your videos are invaluable. Thanks from all of us over at KotP.

We did this on 25man tonight,and the guy that explained this told us to do this fight totaly diffrent from the 10 man,before the polarity shift have everyone stack to the right of the room and wait for the shift, the tank pulls the Thadius to the purple circle on the floor were you protal out when completing him.
    supposely this is to maximize DPS and not kill people as much, what im woundering is does this realy work or does it look more like to be a bigger problem?, we tried like 4-5 and didnt realy see a change in people dieing and following this new plan, any info for me would be great ,thank you

Lag on this fight can be a real killer or just people with latency problems in general.

I really wish i was a photo shop wizzard to make some layouts for people to see. My guild uses the clock wise rectangle rotation. The negative side would be the side that the Stalagg people jump from and the positive side is the side the feugen people jump from. One big thing i have heard people having problems with is they dont know what to do until they have a polarity.

Now assuming everyone made the jump it is essential that what ever side you jump from you group up on that side like you already have the polarity. When the first polarity switch happens if you receive the opposite polarity of where you are standing you move. It really takes the guess work out I have heard people having problems with.

Also the way you move when you get the polarity. If you are set up in a rectangle type scenario you will be on oposite sides and opposing corners if that makes since. When you change you run in a straight line past thadd then make you turn and meet up with the new polarity people. People should have a set path on where to run to avoid confusion and killing of needless people.

It is a really fun fight i keep trying to break my Shield slam crit record. So far my highest SS is 9700 even. I want to break 10k lol.

This is similar to what I was trying to explain. Ours is slightly different but its a pretty good visiual

Any ideas on what to if one of our group members is unable to make the jump every time due to lag or stupidity or both? I've tried to explain it so many times, but this person just doesn't get it. This is a dumb question, I know, but I need everyone up to down this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gericks View Post
    Any ideas on what to if one of our group members is unable to make the jump every time due to lag or stupidity or both? I've tried to explain it so many times, but this person just doesn't get it. This is a dumb question, I know, but I need everyone up to down this boss.

priest levitate works great, no jump required just walk on over the ledge.

+ Reply to Thread