+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Patchwerk - Hateful tank (warriors) problems

Ah yes, totally agree with you on that. Using the three tank method if anyone else is getting hatefuls then they're just not paying attention to their threat or the 3rd tank needs to be stepping up.

Wow this post escalated abit. From a question to a debate.

Seeing as the original poster is asking for help regarding this encounter, I think it is in his guild's best interest to do the 3 tank method and encourage all the other people giving info to suggest the same.
    Last edited by InfidelKastro; 01-29-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: lack of ability to spekk!

Actually with their having the availability of a feral druid, I would suggest the two tank method since in my opinion its easier to heal which might actually be their problem.

There are always three 'tanks', two of which are eligible targets for hatefuls.

All that's being done is preventing strikes against the third by healing extremely quickly. Of course this opens a small hole where a slow heal could cause a hateful to someone who's not equipped to eat the damage. Hence the sliming, dropping health buffs etc to lower the chance that melee would become a target. All you really need to ensure is two things:

- Does your 1st hateful tank have enough health to eat two shots without heals (or very close to it)
    - After one full hit are all other melee still LOWER in health than the 1st hateful tank, thus forcing the next hateful on that tank.

If these things are true you're good to go. If the above isn't true you risk losing some melee or the hateful tank could die with two consective hits at which point you are wiping.

Didn't read past the first 2 lines...you should be using your druid as the hateful tank, end of discussion.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mer&n=Aemillia

I'm assuming is your bear? If he's dying, then its your healers not realizing that Patchwerk was never supposed to be easy like every other boss in naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunes View Post
    Didn't read past the first 2 lines...you should be using your druid as the hateful tank, end of discussion.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I'm assuming is your bear? If he's dying, then its your healers not realizing that Patchwerk was never supposed to be easy like every other boss in naxx.
    Yes we tried using another warrior at MT, Aemillia (druid) at Hateful 1, I was Hateful 2 = Failed

We tried Aemiliia (druid) as MT and myself as Hateful 1, other warrior Hateful 2 = Failed

After many posts and different views the assumption i can come to is, incorrect healing classes on the tanks, reactive healing instead of spam heals from pre-pull. Going to try the 2 tank method, with me as MT and the druid as Hateful (she has 40K+ buffed) so hatefuls should land on her.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Last night we went in for the first time to naxx 25 since i originally posted.

1 shotted Patchwerk. I took a bit of everyones post and put it to use. We used the 3 tank method.

I was MT, Druid as Hateful 1 and a DK as Hateful 2.

Very very easy when you know how.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

DK Hateful Tank - 10 man

I did 10 man the other night and when we got to Patchwork I had a little problem. Right at about the 1m mark I had to stop all attacks and even turn off auto attack.

There was a warrior MT him, and I was doing Hateful tanking. According to omen, i was about 30k threat shy of him so I turned off auto attack and stopped doing any abilities. Basiclly I just cycled Horn of Winter and a few attacks to keep enough RP to IBF and that was about it. I stayed 30k shy of him for the rest of the 4m fight. It was a bit odd, but, also a bit refreshing too. I could really watch and manage my defensive cooldowns. Has anyone heard or experienced something similar?

Edit1: He did put Vigilance on me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Offtopic, but I recently fell in love with Talented - Addons - Curse

Pre-make your standard templates, import them from wowhead/blizzard talent builders, never misclick again.
    thanks much

We do patwerk easily each week with a warr/pally MT + a single druid OT. 3 or 4 dedicated healers per tank, and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blˇˇdfrenzy View Post
    I did 10 man the other night and when we got to Patchwork I had a little problem. Right at about the 1m mark I had to stop all attacks and even turn off auto attack.

There was a warrior MT him, and I was doing Hateful tanking. According to omen, i was about 30k threat shy of him so I turned off auto attack and stopped doing any abilities. Basiclly I just cycled Horn of Winter and a few attacks to keep enough RP to IBF and that was about it. I stayed 30k shy of him for the rest of the 4m fight. It was a bit odd, but, also a bit refreshing too. I could really watch and manage my defensive cooldowns. Has anyone heard or experienced something similar?

Sounds like your warrior MT is having trouble. My buddy and I take turns MT'ing him, me as a pally, him as a warrior. What I have found when I'm OT'ing is that without vigilance on me I have to stop everything but Holy Shield and auto attack for a few GCDs, then go back to it. With vigilance, I can go all out and never come close. Look at his dps and use it as a metric. The first time our warrior did MT him, he hit 2k DPS in a 10 man (Deep wound spec). The last time after he picked up some much needed upgrades he hit 2400 dps (also had Tricks of the Trade 4 times).

Quote Originally Posted by Blˇˇdfrenzy View Post

The hatefuls generate additional threat for you (not sure how much), so it's not entirely based on your own threat generation. Not sure if it generates a different amount on 10-man vs 25-man. As long as you guys took him down and understand how the fight works...

Yeah he went down. Kinda a bit close at the end though. Lichborn was still on cooldown, but, I still had IBF and Unbreakable Armor for the 10 percent enrage. 4min 14 seconds in 10 man. I'm sure we could have put it sub 4 min if i was able to do something other that stand there.

If anyone actually read the quoted EJ text from the earlier page theyd realise that dunking melee in slime was about as useful as jumping around away from patchwerk.. (PS ret paladins shouldn't jump in slime and neither should any melee)

If you want to use a 2 tank tactic you need excellent healers and I mean 2 holy paladins...As you can't afford to lose a melee dps and need the constant healing they provide to keep the second on aggro the target of the hateful strikes (since it will hit #3 on threat if he has higher health at the time patchwerk uses the abillity...)

2 tanks provides more raid dps, 3 tanks is easier to heal because you use the third as a cushion for the second and it protects the melee...Ultimately it depends on the healers if you have holy paladins who have no problem spamming holy light for 3-4 minutes use 2 tanks...

This fight is easily doable with 1 healer on main tank, 2 on each off tank..

If your melee are dying add an offtank if they are still dying tell them to wait for more hatefuls to land...(because they increase the threat of the top 3 on the list)...
    Last edited by Nicki; 02-03-2009 at 07:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread