+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sand Worn Band? Should I be using it?

Sand Worn Band? Should I be using it?

First and foremost heres my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory

As you can see, im using the Titanium Earthguard Ring - Item - World of Warcraft.

Been seeing a lot of tanks with Sand-Worn Band - Item - World of Warcraft as their ring of choice alongside the valor badge ring.

Now comparing the two, if I went with the sand worn bad, id only gain about 90HP, 12AP, and .51% parry, other than that, the earthguard ring seems better in every way than the sand worn band. Seeing this, i dont know why i dont see more tanks with it, and im beginning to think im missing something here that is part of a bigger picture.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out as far as letting me know if I am in fact missing something.

Here's the comparison between the two:

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

As you can see, with the Sand-Worn Band you gain:
    12 AP / 3 SBV
    and 37 parry rating

The other way round (assuming you are using a +24 stam gem) you gain:
    8 dodge rating
    and 3 stamina

So for me, 37 parry and 6 str >> 8 dodge and 3 stam

Edit:
    Okay, forgot the +4 defense rating socket bonus. But that still makes no difference.
    Last edited by delta38; 01-28-2009 at 12:35 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Katarn - Lvl 80 Orc Warrior on Dethecus EU

Quote Originally Posted by Jungy View Post
    First and foremost heres my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory

As you can see, im using the Titanium Earthguard Ring - Item - World of Warcraft.

Been seeing a lot of tanks with Sand-Worn Band - Item - World of Warcraft as their ring of choice alongside the valor badge ring.

Now comparing the two, if I went with the sand worn bad, id only gain about 90HP, 12AP, and .51% parry, other than that, the earthguard ring seems better in every way than the sand worn band. Seeing this, i dont know why i dont see more tanks with it, and im beginning to think im missing something here that is part of a bigger picture.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out as far as letting me know if I am in fact missing something.

The Sand-Worn is hands down better. No contest.

Just wondering.... Why do you think the Titanium is better exactly?

As delta38 says, the significant amount of parry on the ring (and relatively similar stats elsewhere) probably make the Sand-Worn Band better.

The other reason I can think of is that some people are just cheap. My understanding is that you require gems from the daily JC quests to make the ring, and it can get pretty expensive. So, some folks are probably willing to be a little patient for the better ring.

So I picked up the sand worn band the other day. Keep in mind that this ring always dropped for us, I always passed it to the other tanks since it seemed like more of a sidegrade.

Well, equipping one then the other, with SWB, I got about 100HP, a little bit more parry (im above 18.5 now) and 3 BV.

Verses equipping the JC ring, I gained some dodge (about.18%). But my JC ring is gemmed with +8 exp and +12 stam. So technically I lost .98 exp with SWB.

As I stated before, this ring didnt seem like an upgrade to me at all, especially with the gemming flexabillty. I still stand my ground when I say that this ring was very much just a side grade and that, with different gemming I may find myself using the JC ring as part of my avoidance set with an avoidance gem i.e. dodge or parry.

The Titanium Band is by no means a piece of garbage and will last you as long as it takse for you to get to Sandworn and collect 25 badges. Keep in mind also the fact that there will be epic gems in game soon and the gem slot does get better when that happens. Still, I think the other 2 are better but you're not gimped for holding off on the Sandworn whilst spending DKP on other things.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

+ Reply to Thread