+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hitboxes , and nameplates issuses

Hitboxes , and nameplates issuses

I've been raid tanking for quite some time now. Recently however i decided to xfer to a new server a join a very good guild. I was on a gimpy server that had little talent on it and was used to real slackers DPS wise.
    The guys i run with now are awesome at their dps game. I still have no problems on bosses, but keeping agro on multiple targets during trash sometimes is a problem as these guys just aoe like crazy sometimes before i even get Thunderclap and Shockwave off. I've been stacking more expertise and getting some better gear (most of my stuff is 7.5 type). I even have the Glyph of Cleaving. I've been giving Vigalance to the mages and locks. Things have since gotten better. But one thing still bugs me.

I will sometimes blow a Shockwave because i cant get the mobs to move right when they have small hit boxes i think the reason is that i use the ctrl or shift+V function the see enemy nameplates that way i dont miss runners and such. However when i have like 6 or more mobs sometimes all i can see well is their red nameplates and i wont have them positioned right for that 1st shockwave after my thunderclap , and for these dpsers that can mean them getting agro , then me having to switch and taunt. What seems to happen then is the single target meele pull because im trying to get the runners back....Chaos is bad. Is there a mod for better nameplates out there or something to help me better judge hitboxes?
    Is there something else i can do?
    Any help or sugestions would be friggin awesome. As i am now in a hardcore guild i am doing all that i can to maximize my game. It's not that things arent going well (3 Drake went down 1st night there and i had no problems tanking the drakes) and this isnt something thats happening alot. I'm just making adjustments for tanking for whitehot dps'ers.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Sharazah; 01-27-2009 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Left something out

I personally enjoy tab targeting. I massage mobs into a nice pile and tab through and sunder/devastate away if i need to keep an aggro lead because of mad crazy DPS'ers.. of course keeping cleave up and thunderclap/shockwave as they're on CD

I don't mind letting them do their job

Well that is what i do as well Blahism. But tab targeting doesnt work as well for me as it used to since the took out this:
    script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 10)
    /targetenemy
    /script SetCVar("targetNearestDistance", 41)

That macro'ed to your tab key used to enable you to set the distance of the tab function. I wish they had left this in =(

+ Reply to Thread