+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Cider's Guide to Video & Audio Software & Hardware

Thanks for this cider, I was specifically looking at whether or not I needed a SSD for some more serious video recording!

Any thoughts on how much RAM is useful? I currently have 2 gigs.

My other specs are a 3.16 GHz processor, Windows XP SP2, and an ATI Radeon 4800 HD video card.
    Last edited by Pylae; 01-12-2011 at 10:33 PM.

How many hard drives do you have?

I run 2, one for my OS/WoW/fraps and one to actually write the videos too. It is highly recommended. More RAM is always good, but only if A) You aren't substantially overloading the CPU and B) You have a 64 bit OS.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

It's actually better to record to a standard HDD as opposed to an SSD. While the SSD has faster access and write speeds, it cannot handle constant writing to the disk, and you will wear the heck out of an SSD by recording your gameplay to it. Simply put, an SSD's greatest benefit in terms of computing performance is its remarkable access speed. It's just not a format that's cut out for recording - not yet, anyways.

It's certainly possible to leverage your SSD to increase your recording performance, however. Toss your OS and the WoW client (and all of your applications for that matter) onto the SSD, to take advantage of the blazing access times and to free up your HDD for pure data storage. If you're not having to jump all over the physical platter in your HDD just to run your OS and the game client, your recording performance in terms of data write potential will increase appreciably.
    AeroWow.com | ArmoryLite: Soleniae - Uldum
    The Warrior Formerly Known As Aerowyn.

Hi iv been experimenting with different codecs to get maximum quality from the original recordings, with at least some reasonable compression. so it doesnt take 3 days to upload to youtube.

tried divx, xvid, x264vfw, compairing to other vids. i still feel like it could improve. so my question is, what codecs do you encode with for your wow movies?, which have you experimented with, and which ones do you prefer and why?.

Make sure your rendering program is a. working in the same resolution as the file was recorded in and b. rendering in that resolution (or one extremely similar) otherwise your videos will be rather blurry.

What version of sony vegas do I needa get.. There seems to be a lot.

Microphone

Hey,

Just wondering what microphone/headset do you guys use to record?

AUsLego

Wanted to ask since I have spent the past 4 hours looking, anyone have an idea how to remove a watermark like fraps.com from a video in Windows Live Movie Maker?
    Ooo I think I just thunderstorm myself off the ledge...
    The Channel youtube.com/user/silverdante87

You buy the full version of FRAPS for 20 bucks

Or you spend hundreds of dollars on editing software and paintbrush the watermark out frame by frame.

+ Reply to Thread