+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to go from here? Avoidance?

Where to go from here? Avoidance?

I am a Warrior Tank. 15/5/51 with deep wounds and 2/5 Shield Specialization. Here are my relevant stats.

28.5k Health (I am a JC and I tend to wear the +111 stam trinket)
    24k Armor
    541 Defense
    22.5% dodge
    18% parry
    15% block

Besides the Cloak of Armed Strife and the Thane's Tainted Greathelm, I'm wearing all blues and epics from Heroics.

Normally, I feel pretty comfortable on all bosses in Naxxramas 10, which is what I am usually tanking. However, this week I had some trouble with a new healer who was a little undergeared. It seemed to me that they were used to healing a tank with higher avoidance.

I have also had two pallies in my guild tell me that I should think about improving my avoidance. They are both sitting at around 50-60% avoidance. Granted, they have a lot more 25 man gear (I haven't been able to do 25 mans yet much), but I am still wondering if I should rethink my gearing and gemming and look for avoidance. I am gemming dodge/stam in reds, Stam in blues, a 41 stam blue gem in my 1 yellow slot, and the 32 stam/2% from armor meta.

I am also concerned about threat against dps who outgear me (who I sometimes tank heroics for).

Any suggestions?

Your avoidance is more than fine for Naxx10. For some of the later fights (Saph, Kel'Thuzad, Malygos) Avoidance does little to nothing anyway, and Stam stacking is prefered. There's only 1 fight I can think of where it's recommended to stack Avoidance (Patchwerk - 25), all other fights really do not need it.

As for threat: Your HP is quite high for tanking 10 mans. If you do not plan on tanking 25 mans in the near future, you should consider replacing some Stamina with Expertise/Hit (red and yellow slots). Accuracy is a great enchant for your weapon if you can afford it.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Your avoidance is fine.

Warriors have to be careful about stacking too much avoidance anyway. A long string of not getting hit can leave you rage-starved and struggling to hold aggro. I mostly only stack avoidance on the hardest hitting bosses. For the rest I am sitting around 40-42% dodge+parry.

+ Reply to Thread