+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice on gear tweaking

Need advice on gear tweaking

Well I finally got a couple decent upgrades tonight, so I am no longer fighting the defense cap battle as much as I have had to recently. My dilemma is trying to decide on what will be best gems and enchants for me to use on my character now. Here is a link to my char on wow-heroes:

Tarkonn

I would prefer to not waste abyss crystals on items that are under 213, but I really would like to know how I should start shifting my gems and enchants. I don't feel that I should just stack stamina and stamina alone. Right now I'm thinking about keeping myself around 28k unbuffed, and then stacking dodge and parry as much as I can. Is this the correct way to go about things as an end-game tank or should I just go by the time-old motto, "The more stam the better"? I'm not amazing with theorycraft, which is why I have come here to really nitpick the little things.
    (5/13/53) - Awesome pre-raid AOE tank spec for instances

My opinion is 27k unbuffed is enough to clean the 3.0.x content ( hp wise ) , and i see you have gemmed parry .

I've been roaming on forums gathering info and such . What i have gathered is firstly that gemming for parrying actually is rather bad , rage wise but also it is a stat that costs alot , and well actually is less viable than defence or stam .
    All this is in my point of view , and do feel free to correct me .

I havent gone to Malygos 25 yet , and it is the only encounter i havent tanked . I love tanking nowadays , and my gemming is honnestly focusing on my threat/dps rather than my avoidance ( due to the "difficulty" of the fights )

If i were you , which i am not =) i would gem hit/expertise , to get the two soft caps at least . Keep enough stam to be above 27k and , ( this is what i do , not liking to gem avoidance atm ) then gem Strength .

This is my wow armory link ( The World of Warcraft Armory ) my gemming isn't perfect due to lack of gold . same for the enchants :x but should be good soon
    Last edited by Krog; 01-25-2009 at 05:10 AM.

Yeah, that is a good thing to hear man, really appreciate the insight.

What are my soft caps for hit/exp? I'm assuming that I'd be generating much more TPS doing so, and increasing my DPS.

I'm also thinking about dropping mining once my DK hits 80 in 4 levels to pickup enchanting. Figure I could just DE whatever comes my way, making mats for enchants easier, and I'd see about the same bonus to health (500 from max mining vs. 480 for doing +24 stam to each ring).
    (5/13/53) - Awesome pre-raid AOE tank spec for instances

Moved to Armory forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread