+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red gem slots

Red gem slots

There seems to be several options available at the moment for red gem slots on tanking gear, and i often wonder which i could be using.

I recently got the Tier7 gloves, to which i decided to place a "Guardians Twilight Opal" [+8exp / 12stam] into the slot, since the Warrior-T7 had pretty much the same stats.

Whereas previously, i had opted to have the +parry option [Glimmering Monarch Topaz]. The other option i seen was for the +dodge, although i have been shying away from dodge-gems because of what i hear of the diminishing returns they implemented.

Tonight i got the T7 Shoulders, so im wondering if i should stick the Glimmering Topaz in, or the Twilight Opal again.

i put guardian's in all red gem slots unless the gem bonus isn't worth it like +4parry or something, then i'll just shove +24 stam in it and break teh bonus.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ive been using expertise/stam gems in reds.

I'm actually up to 41 buffed expertise skill using all guardian's gems in my reds. Once I finally get my last laugh I will be at 46 expertise skill and will be almost completely void of parries. I could keep it lower and just wail out str/stam gems.

Personally I like to be able to keep my threat going constantly.

I have not done much theorycrafting of which of these gems would really maximize the slots efficiency, but I can tank everything in the game atm, including sarth 3 drake in my current setup.

I've been using exp/stam in all red sockets. It's really not recommended to gem parry/stam.

expertise/stam

Interesting, what about the str gems or str/sta gems (should they exist, I don't know...)?
    I suppose there is a point where strength becomes more interesting than expertise...is this point beyond the expertise hard cap? I'm searching solutions to improve my TPS/DPS so your advice may be very useful

I can't see strength/stam ever being better than expertise/stam until you're at the expertise hard cap of 14%.

Aside from that, I'm thinking I may swap my exp/stam in to dodge/stam once Ulduar hits, unless it's clear I'll almost always be tanking only one mob. We'll just have to see, PTR should give me a good enough indication to have my resocketing all figured out for live.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

+ Reply to Thread