+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TPS parser: Warrior, Druid, Paladin, Death Knight

Rune Strike - Spell - World of Warcraft

Damage in would also seem to be a pretty good indicator of whether any class is tanking.

A short question regarding these two TPS reports from Patchwerk (10):

DK (MT): Tormens produced 4888 tps vs Patchwerk (4888 TPS)
    Druid (OT): Fyrn produced 5245 tps vs Patchwerk (5245 TPS)

How is that possible? The druid was always 2nd in the aggro table.

First thought that occurs to me is that the parse does not show Misdirection, Tricks of the Trade, Hand of Salvation, or Vigilance, though from the WWS it looks like only Hand of Salvation would be possible (and I can't imagine them using that on a tank).

The more likely factor is that you're looking at the average. Remember threat is a matter of timing as much as net effect. If the DK created a sufficient lead, even though the bear ended up pulling a higher total average, the bear may not have passed the DK's running total.

In addition to that, Patchy actually gives his main targets threat, though I don't know how much, or that it is uniform. It could be that his main target gets more threat than the hateful tanks do.

The only other factor would leave that there is an error somewhere in the parse, that is missing a factor, there's a small coefficient error, or something that may multiply out when you have large numbers like this.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Calgar produced 8525 tps vs Patchwerk

nomnomnomnom. fun little tool. yes, it's missing a few things, but there hasn't been a good TPS converter from WWS in a while that I know of.

Hi, I can't believe the TPS numbers are right. Our DK tank or I (warrior) can't tank hodir with only 4500-5500 TPS when the kill is in 3.30min. Omen also shows higher numbers. therefore as satorri already notices I think the aggro-converters like tott, md, vigilance etc are not in the numbers?
    German guy, speaking bad english :/

Bear in mind there is also a matter of that being an average estimate, it has no indication of the threat profile. Also, the damage dealers' dps is not the same as their tps. Many specs have built in and often significant threat reducers, many dps stances and states also have small hidden threat reductions, and the way this parser doesn't factor threat transferrance it also doesn't register the reduction of the group's threat a la feign death, soul shatter, feint, Hand of Salv, Vanish, Invis, BoP, etc.

The parser is a nice tool for tracking your own performance, like Recount and WWS in general, but I wouldn't use the numbers as a direct application into what happens for your TPS vs the group's.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Thanks for the TPS report, our tanks have been using it and finding places we can improve. Great tool, just wanted to say thanks!

Can you add in sunder armor? I say this as someone who's trying to use your mod to analyze my fights as UA spec where i have to spend globals refreshing sunder etc. Thanks.

I would like to humbly request that you add functionality for World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis as it is one of the better tools out there at the moment, and features live report uploading after each attempt at the press of a button. I'm hoping very much you can possibly get around to this as WWS seems to be losing a lot of its functionality and has fewer updates in recent months than the other sites.

Thanks in advance, look forward to seeing some of my huge tps #s.

Seconding Wars request! World of Logs continual improvement, added features and performance has warranted its use by my guild as the new analysis tool.

and a third request to support world of logs as it is what we use exclusively to track our raid now.

Wowmeteronline is pretty damn good at showing your TPS, with a breakdown, and comparisons to other similar classes worldwide.

Add a 4th request to add World of Logs support pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithorn View Post
    Add a 4th request to add World of Logs support pls.
    5th request

6th and 7th.
    "serious walnut- crunching ass power" from: Merry Christmas, Bob, By Chris Shugart

Would love to see one for WoL!

un-stuck since this stopped being maintained/updated, let us know if you ever update it again bagelbite!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread