+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TPS parser: Warrior, Druid, Paladin, Death Knight

TPS parser: Warrior, Druid, Paladin, Death Knight

I've updated my tps parser to work for wotlk with support for warriors, paladins, druids, and death knights. It's missing a lot of the previous functionality at the moment, but that will be added back in soon.

WowWebStats Tps Calculator

To use it, you just paste the url to your wowwebstats report. The url must point to the wowwebstats page which lists the individual damage abilities you did.

Please report any math errors you find. I'm not intricately familiar with the threat mechanics of every class, and my sources for threat info was scattered a bit, so it's possible some calculations are wrong.

Not all sources of threat can be picked up from a wws report, but if there's something you feel significant missing, let me know. Accuracy is not 100%, but should be close enough to be useful.

I plan to add these features very soon:
    -Browseable index of tps reports by boss/class
    -Aggregate tps statistics(average tps by class, per encounter)
    -Identification of reports which don't appear genuine, or potentially very innacurate

I'm pretty anxious to get the average tps by class/boss up again. In the last version you all submitted over 50,000 reports so the data was pretty intresting.

I will probably add support for dejawow.com and wowmeteronline.com
    Last edited by bagelbite; 01-23-2009 at 12:07 AM.

Whee, great to see you've brought this back!

Numbers look sound to me, though I am somewhat uncertain about devastate innate threat. wowwiki posts it at 5% AP, something you can't read out of WWS (nor the armory, since we're not logged out in full raid buffs presumably). Did you just assume 4k AP here?

Thanks for your work, it was quite usefull back in TBC to me.

Could you make a way for us to link a full report and all the fights/tries get indexed one by one? Right now i'm sending this week wws's from all fights to help with data, if i could just put the link from the full report i could send data from all fights every week and not just the ones i'm interested.

Another thing that would be usefull but i'm not sure if it's from your interest is to check the target of each spell to filter only the damage on each boss and ignore damage on adds, results on some bosses could be a bit better at the cost of making the parser work a lot more.

First, thanks a lot that's exactly what I was looking for!

So I tested it and I found one error; well it have been changed in the last patch: Runestrike do 150% threat, plus the agro mod of frost presence (and I am not sure what is it).

First, thanks a lot. I've been expected this since I've read your first post.

As said Feanorr there is a little problem with our Runestrike.

For example you can take reports number 139 and 141 :
    Leissa produced 3762 tps vs Le Recousu
    Leissa produced 3769 tps vs Maexxna

where runestrike appears.

another thing that may be usefull (at least for people with two left hands) is the ability to delete a report. As an example I missed click and send report 140 on a boss I wasn't tanking, so the report is ininteresting at possible, and may finish in data where it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Khordam View Post
    Numbers look sound to me, though I am somewhat uncertain about devastate innate threat. wowwiki posts it at 5% AP, something you can't read out of WWS (nor the armory, since we're not logged out in full raid buffs presumably). Did you just assume 4k AP here?
    Yes, I'm assuming 4k ap. I think with some really fancy math it might be possible to kinda reverse engineer an attack power estimate out of most reports(not all), but it's not a high priority for me at the moment. For example, changing estimated AP from 4k to 8k makes less than a 100tps difference on most warrior reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanel View Post
    Could you make a way for us to link a full report and all the fights/tries get indexed one by one? Right now i'm sending this week wws's from all fights to help with data, if i could just put the link from the full report i could send data from all fights every week and not just the ones i'm interested.

Another thing that would be usefull but i'm not sure if it's from your interest is to check the target of each spell to filter only the damage on each boss and ignore damage on adds, results on some bosses could be a bit better at the cost of making the parser work a lot more.
    I've thought about doing the whole batch submission. I didn't do it before because I was afraid too many junk reports would get submitted, tainting the aggregate data. I think when people manualy submit they're more likely to be submitting more valid/relevant wws parses. I made the Tps Report Bookmarklet to make submitting easier.

But, maybe I could just have it auto parse boss kills, and ignore attempts. I was able to filter junk reports pretty good in the last version, and If i can get it working that good again maybe ill add batch processing. But I think filtering will be more difficult this time around.

As far as ignoring damage/threat to adds, I can't really do that from a wws report. The best I could do would be to subtract damage done to adds, and estimate the threat from that damage, but a wws report doesn't show me which types of abilities were done to which targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanorr View Post
    So I tested it and I found one error; well it have been changed in the last patch: Runestrike do 150% threat, plus the agro mod of frost presence (and I am not sure what is it).
    I put the rune strike change in, but haven't changed frost presence modifier. I need to find out the new value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrke View Post
    another thing that may be usefull (at least for people with two left hands) is the ability to delete a report. As an example I missed click and send report 140 on a boss I wasn't tanking, so the report is ininteresting at possible, and may finish in data where it shouldn't.
    I don't think I'll be offering the ability to delete. I think filtering should take care of most of the blatantly junk reports.

You rock bagel, I'll sticky this badboy asap. and if you can get support for Wowmeteronline that'd be great (my guild uses it =P)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

As a bug report, the following report couldn't resolve my name and puts me as unknown:
    6320 tps vs Patchwerk

made from:
    Wow Web Stats

Quote Originally Posted by jere View Post
    As a bug report, the following report couldn't resolve my name and puts me as unknown:
    6320 tps vs Patchwerk

made from:
    Wow Web Stats
    Fixed.

As of tuesday, JoL produces 0 threat now, I believe. I've also seen pretty consistent comments that spiritual attunement mana is also threat-less. I can't speak to JoW procs or replenishment ticks, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're threat-less now too...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmfrackn View Post
    As of tuesday, JoL produces 0 threat now, I believe. I've also seen pretty consistent comments that spiritual attunement mana is also threat-less. I can't speak to JoW procs or replenishment ticks, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're threat-less now too...
    Unless they changed last patch, JoW procs produced 0.5*mana threat.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelbite View Post
    I've thought about doing the whole batch submission. I didn't do it before because I was afraid too many junk reports would get submitted, tainting the aggregate data. I think when people manualy submit they're more likely to be submitting more valid/relevant wws parses. I made the Tps Report Bookmarklet to make submitting easier.

But, maybe I could just have it auto parse boss kills, and ignore attempts. I was able to filter junk reports pretty good in the last version, and If i can get it working that good again maybe ill add batch processing. But I think filtering will be more difficult this time around.

As far as ignoring damage/threat to adds, I can't really do that from a wws report. The best I could do would be to subtract damage done to adds, and estimate the threat from that damage, but a wws report doesn't show me which types of abilities were done to which targets.
    The Bookmarklet helps a bit already, your concern about relevant parses is a valid point for not doing it automated.

About the thing to ignore damage on adds i was thinking to the parse take a look into the wws ´browse log´ option with source=player and target=boss and read each attack, but then again i believe that would take a lot of work from the parser to get some information that maybe isn't even usefull.

One error i've found is that you're still accounting effective healing from JoL as threat for paladins as people also noticed.
    Last edited by Adanel; 01-23-2009 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelbite View Post
    I put the rune strike change in, but haven't changed frost presence modifier. I need to find out the new value.
    Ehmmm... maybe you misunderstood me; frost presence agro value didnt change as far as I know; just runestrike, it was 200% damage (no threat modifier other than frost presence) and now it's 150% damage (what you dont care since you take the damage done ^^) and 150% threat (plus the frost presence who is still the same).

I hope I am more clear ^^

I saw the blue post saying they were gonna remove the JoL threat, but the change isn't present in the patch notes. I'm gonna wait until its confirmed.

Awesome, I'll begin testing it for deathknights.

I've seen nothing to indicate threat from Frost Presence has been changed. It's still set at an increase of 45%. So I assume threat from Rune Strike is Dmg*1.5*1.45

I heard it was 2.07; but I think it's counting the "hidden" threat increase of 1.43 that all tank got at WOTK, so I am not sure if you use it or not.

Any plans to add a split for TPS based on mobs during the encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by OrionAntares View Post
    Any plans to add a split for TPS based on mobs during the encounter?
    I would need to start parsing the actual combat logs to extract information that specific. I don't plan to do that.

When looking at a wws report for a DK, how would you determine whether or not the player was making a serious effort to tank, opposed to dpsing?

For example, a warrior using primarily shield slam, revenge, devastate, heroic strike is highly likely to be tanking. A warrior using whirlwind, slam, bloodthirst, mortal strike is highly likely to be dpsing.

I don't know much about DK's. I don't seem to see the same clear distinctions between which abilities a DK uses when tanking vs dps as I do with warriors/bears/paladins. Can someone help point some out?

+ Reply to Thread