+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bryntroll vs Wrathful Glad (T1)

Bryntroll vs Wrathful Glad (T1)

Hey all,

I've got a question that I hope the tankspot community can help me answer: I'm a DK, and I currently have a Bryntroll, and I've been using it in both PvP and PvE tanking. However, now that I've hit 1800, I have access to the Wrathful PVP Weapons, and I'd like to know which one would be better.

Bryntroll used to be king of procs and a tad bit overpowered, but now that the ppm (from what I've read) has been nerfed, it seems like it should be shelved. The PVP weapon, on the other hand, looks like it should be used to tank with due to the ridiculous amounts of stam on it. Moreover, the self healing from Bryntroll is, from what I feel (correct me if I'm wrong), nothing compared to the self healing of a Blood DK tank. Furthermore, it seems that the PVP weapon may ALSO be better in PVP because of the flat stam increase and the slower weapon speed.

Again, I'm not too sure on this, so if anyone on Tankspot can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

for pvp yes the t1 weapon is better, due to the stam and resil on it.

for pve, i think that bryntoll wins even if the proc rate has been slightly nerfed, it's still valuable for dk's.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

1800 weaps are not worth spending points on, stick with bryntroll and make more productive use of the points by buying your 5-set.

what would an arms warrior be doing in 5 set anyways, in order to put out pressure you'd need to be wearing pve gear, so "smart" usage of points on 5 set sounds kind of contradictory.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

If you have access to good(and possibly heroic) off set items like coldwraith links, deathwhisper boots, might of blight/etc you can use a 4 piece pvp set.

If not then most warriors do the opposite, arp badge gear, 2-piece gladiator and wrathfull off sets. Also he's a dk so he can just use pve-hit pieces + trinket and then the rest PVP gear.

The difference between those 2 is not that big. I'd rather get maybe a Wrathful set-piece (not pants or hands, VoA) and try to play to 2,2k with Bryntroll.
    It depends on how good you and your team are.

As some people said, try to get good pieces from PvE. Most warriors I "watch" either get 4pc and the Frost Badge chest or 4pc and the crafted legs.

I'm a DK. Not sure if I established that earlier.

Moreover, my PvE spec is Tanking, so I don't really have much access to PvE DPS gear. Is there any possibility that I can reach higher ratings in full pvp gear?

DK's only want pve gear to fill in their hit rating, and of course a trinket. You'll barely wear any.

+ Reply to Thread